Method Man & Redman - N 2 Gether Now [Filthy Rich ReFix]

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Method Man & Redman - N 2 Gether Now [Filthy Rich ReFix]

Post by djfilthyrich »

The original Limp Bizkit track had dope production from Premier and Meth did his thing on his verses. I couldn't stand listening to Fred Durst though, so I decided to remove his verses and replace with a verse from Redman. I wish Red & Meth did a whole album over Preemo beats....would've been fire.

If anybody wants this as a download lemme know and I'll generate a link

Rabbi Jihadovich

Re: Method Man & Redman - N 2 Gether Now [Filthy Rich ReFix]

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Ye this is pretty dope, i always enjoyed this song - even despite Fred. I'd like a DL please.

You should also do that Limp Bizkit "Rollin'" remix with DMX.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:Ye this is pretty dope, i always enjoyed this song - even despite Fred. I'd like a DL please.

You should also do that Limp Bizkit "Rollin'" remix with DMX.

Here's a DL link:
https://dbr.ee/Y6ST" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, I was eventually going to do an edit of Rollin, removing Fred Durst's part. Do you happen to have the track in FLAC or 320 mp3?

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

great stuff! thanks for the d/l link.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

dirt_dog wrote:great stuff! thanks for the d/l link.
Thanks for the feedback, dd....glad you like it

p.s. do you happen to have access to the following?

DMX - How's It Goin Down (The Explicit Video Version featured Faith Evans....she wasn't on the album version. Clean Video version would suffice if no access to the dirty)
Last edited by djfilthyrich on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Nicely done homie, always thought the original was decent until Durst started 'rappin`'.....LoL, way to fix this joint!!!

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:Nicely done homie, always thought the original was decent until Durst started 'rappin`'.....LoL, way to fix this joint!!!1
:cheers:

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

Great job as usual! Thanx 4 the dl link!

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Bigg Boss Luciano wrote:Great job as usual! Thanx 4 the dl link!
Thanks for the feedback

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Dope shit, BUT why the need to put that stupid "Filthy Rich" ID bullshit in there?? That's some ridiculous J-Love nonsense. Totally ruins a potentially great thing. smh

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Dope shit, BUT why the need to put that stupid "Filthy Rich" ID bullshit in there?? That's some ridiculous J-Love nonsense. Totally ruins a potentially great thing. smh
I put my I.D. in there for many reasons:

-because in the past people have jacked my blends and tried to pass them off as their own
-taken my blends and included them on web compilations without giving credit
-I'm trying to build my 'brand' (i.e. drive traffic to my streaming platforms in order to gain a bigger audience)
-I want people to know that when they hear my I.D., they know that a lot of time and effort was put into the blend that they're about to hear

I should also note that unlike J-Love and a lot of other DJ's, you only hear my I.D. ONCE (usually in the intro of the track, and in a place where it's unobtrusive to the listening experience).

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I get it, but still disagree. Make the blend because you want to and share it with the world because you love HipHop. Fuck those people who try to claim your work or anyone's work that ain't theirs, but that's just life unfortunately. It is what it is.

I'll say this though... your blends/remixes are DOPE!! I would love to DL plenty or most of them and add'em to my digital playlists, but because of that ID in the begining, I almost never care to listen again. Not sayin you're supposed to care, but just sayin...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I’m with you in regards to the constant tagging over tracks. I had this problem with Clue, Envy, J-Love and many mixtape DJs. I don’t think that is the case here though. You totally have to place claim on your work, so long as it’s not overwhelming or does not take away from the work itself.

Like Flithy Rich said, it’s done in an unobtrusive way. I don’t blame him. He is trying to build is brand and is proud of the work. He isn’t drilling this home every chance he gets. Trust me, I have no problem being honest, if he had done this throughout the mix I wouldn’t have listened to it .

Get past the intro and get it a listen, I think you’ll be surprised.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

WiCkEd22 wrote:I get it, but still disagree. Make the blend because you want to and share it with the world because you love HipHop. Fuck those people who try to claim your work or anyone's work that ain't theirs, but that's just life unfortunately. It is what it is.

I'll say this though... your blends/remixes are DOPE!! I would love to DL plenty or most of them and add'em to my digital playlists, but because of that ID in the begining, I almost never care to listen again. Not sayin you're supposed to care, but just sayin...
I hear you...just a difference of opinion. I make the blends mainly for my own listening pleasure, but I do share them with the world for the love of hip hop music. In my opinion, the ID at the beginning doesn't ruin the track...especially since I'm taking care to put it in the intro where it doesn't get in the way(other DJ's talk over the lyrics which I make sure I don't do). But I can't just as easily dismiss the ppl who try to claim my work as their own. I've even had ppl on msg boards tell me that they heard my exact blends being used on commercial radio before (this is before I used to tag my work), but gave me no mention.

Glad you're feelin my blends though. You're more than welcome to have DL links for any of them (just hit me up for which ones you want). It's unfortunate that a 2-3 second tag ruins the whole song for you, but like Gloss mentioned below, if you can get past the intro, you'll enjoy the track.
P.S. you once asked me for my Rollerboogie mixtape. Not sure if you saw it or not, but I upped it for you in that same thread (I believe it was the Mixtape thread).
Philaflava wrote:I’m with you in regards to the constant tagging over tracks. I had this problem with Clue, Envy, J-Love and many mixtape DJs. I don’t think that is the case here though. You totally have to place claim on your work, so long as it’s not overwhelming or does not take away from the work itself.

Like Flithy Rich said, it’s done in an unobtrusive way. I don’t blame him. He is trying to build is brand and is proud of the work. He isn’t drilling this home every chance he gets. Trust me, I have no problem being honest, if he had done this throughout the mix I wouldn’t have listened to it .

Get past the intro and get it a listen, I think you’ll be surprised.
Glad you see things my way homie. I'm a hip hop fan/listener who also used to get annoyed by overtagging (Clue), or DJ's like Kay Slay who yelled so loudly you were afraid to turn the track up loud cuz he'd EQ his voice at twice the volume level of the song. Which is why I made sure I only drop it once for identification purposes and not multiple times to feed my ego, and do it at a level that blends in with the track.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

I just did a quick edit of Limp Bizkit's 'Rollin', but edited out Fred Durst's 2 verses and just left in the ones from Meth/Red/DMX.
(FYI no tags on this since it's not a blend.....just an edit. You can enjoy this one, Wicked :lol: )

Here you go:
https://dbr.ee/WOwe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

djfilthyrich wrote:I just did a quick edit of Limp Bizkit's 'Rollin', but edited out Fred Durst's 2 verses and just left in the ones from Meth/Red/DMX.
(FYI no tags on this since it's not a blend.....just an edit. You can enjoy this one, Wicked :lol: )

Here you go:
https://dbr.ee/WOwe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
haha Thanks man.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Doing God's work. Cheers

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

DJCommunist wrote:Doing God's work. Cheers
:cheers: