Lil Wayne
45%
Kanye West
55%

Total votes: 109

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Kanye is a horrible rapper, Wayne is a pretty good one... so I don't understand why Wayne is getting trampled in this poll. If it's a gheyness factor, these two are clearly on the same playing field so I don't know why that would really make a difference. So in general... :naswtf:.
32 to 27 ain't necessarily getting trampled.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Cleanhobo wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Kanye is a horrible rapper, Wayne is a pretty good one... so I don't understand why Wayne is getting trampled in this poll. If it's a gheyness factor, these two are clearly on the same playing field so I don't know why that would really make a difference. So in general... :naswtf:.
32 to 27 ain't necessarily getting trampled.
and I think Kanye is one of the only rappers out there who can compete with Wayne when it comes to gheyness.

staytribe.

Post by staytribe. »

BULLETS LIKE BIRDS YOU CAN HEAR THEM BITCHES HUMMING

come on. dude is SICK with the simile

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

n**** I don't spit
I vomit
got it?
one egg short of the omlette

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

wayne is a far better rapper. He's more creative, his flow is better, his punchlines are more amusing. Kanye is a dope producer obviously but I'm not counting that in.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

weez gets my vote.. but i don't see how he's so much more "creative" than kanye

he's definitely perfected his style. i just dont see where it was 100% unique to begin with

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

both are two of the few i'm checking for these days but gotta give it to Weezy as far as mic skills are concerned.

craig

Post by craig »

wayne. as far as lyricism goes, its no contest...at all.

i kno everyone has there own opinion but this is :naswtf: to the extreme

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

"I Sun/Son you niggas, you're all Kevin Johnsons" - Lil Wayne

>>>>>>>>>>
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:"I Sun/Son you niggas, you're all Kevin Johnsons" - Lil Wayne

>>>>>>>>>>
The fact I know Wayne was not OLD enough to even know who Kevin Johnson was or even see him play kinda takes the :ohsh: factor away.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>
The fact I know Wayne was not OLD enough to even know who Kevin Johnson was or even see him play kinda takes the :ohsh: factor away.
That's not quite true. I'm roughly the same age as Weezy, and I saw KJ go against my Blazers both in person and on tv many times as a youth. The funny shit is he comes into my building sometimes to talk to my organization's prez. KJ runs a charter school a couple blocks away and is trying to share a building with one of our charters.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kasmoney

Post by kasmoney »

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
I AM THE BEGINING AND ENDING OF WHAT IS RAW!

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>
Lil Wayne is 27 years old, according to his police record. According to him, he's 25 or 24. I'm sure he knows who Kevin Johnson is and has seen him play.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Wayne has the benefit of being amusing when he's retarded, wheras Kanye is just boring. I think Kanye's top end is a LOT better, so he's the pick here.

People's love for Wayne is all about diminished expectations.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Wayne and I'm shocked he's not leading this poll. Kanye's not even in his class.

Wayne's not the "best" rapper alive, but he's certainly the hottest rapper out right now (nh). Nobody else is coming close.

"Challenge me, that be to my advantage, I'm outstanding
Like standing outside up in a twister and walking not damaged/
Standing outside up in a blizzard and walking hot headed/
Serving nickel packs in Iraq, bet I will not panic/
Swerve the nickel black, if I wreck, bet I will not panic/
Cop another one the next day and drive it crazier"

Do you like titties?

Ches!

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>
Lil Wayne is 27 years old, according to his police record. According to him, he's 25 or 24. I'm sure he knows who Kevin Johnson is and has seen him play.
i'm 24 and i remember kj. one of my favorite ball players of all time actually.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

CaseJuan wrote:Wayne and I'm shocked he's not leading this poll. Kanye's not even in his class.

Wayne's not the "best" rapper alive, but he's certainly the hottest rapper out right now (nh). Nobody else is coming close.

"Challenge me, that be to my advantage, I'm outstanding

^^^^^^ that is a good verse? Does anyone else think that is a good little verse right there?

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Dids wrote:
People's love for Wayne is all about diminished expectations.

Exactly if everyone said he is the dopest rapper and you copped his album you would be largely dissapointed.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I don't know anything about Lil Wayne but....
I don't get it. And I do know who KJ is.
CaseJuan wrote:"Challenge me, that be to my advantage, I'm outstanding
This is very unimpressive.

Hmmm, maybe weezy is just not for me.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Moolah wrote:I don't know anything about Lil Wayne but....
I don't get it. And I do know who KJ is.
CaseJuan wrote:"Challenge me, that be to my advantage, I'm outstanding
This is very unimpressive.

Hmmm, maybe weezy is just not for me.
You know what it means when someone "sons" someone right?

You know who the Phoenix Suns is, correct?

And you realize Kevin Johnson played for them?

What's the problem...

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Yes I know all of those things. The line still makes no sense to me. I realise he used the word sun and kevin johnson in the same sentence, is that the extent of the connection here? Is it really an insult to call someone kevin johnson? Dude was sick.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say like kevin johnson I sun niggas you're all hakeem olajowun*... or mark eaton??? I realise this is stupid reading into a line like this but for you to single it out as dope I though.**

*I realise hakeem is also sick, but he did get dunked the fuck on by kj, so the line would make sense.

** i realise this post is incredibly :roper:

realise realise realise reload reload reload

elohim

Post by elohim »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:^^^^^^ that is a good verse? Does anyone else think that is a good little verse right there?
i'd rather listen to weezy than the new jazzmatazz record, if that's what you was wonderin

B. Ware tha Siniq

Moolah wrote:Yes I know all of those things. The line still makes no sense to me. I realise he used the word sun and kevin johnson in the same sentence, is that the extent of the connection here? Is it really an insult to call someone kevin johnson? Dude was sick.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say like kevin johnson I sun niggas you're all hakeem olajowun*... or mark eaton??? I realise this is stupid reading into a line like this but for you to single it out as dope I though.**

*I realise hakeem is also sick, but he did get dunked the fuck on by kj, so the line would make sense.

** i realise this post is incredibly :roper:

realise realise realise reload reload reload
yeah but Kevin Johnson was a Sun (it doesn't mean he was wack, he was just a Sun), Mark Eaton & Hakeem Olajuwon were not... and although KJ dunked over them, the reference would sound really wack.

ANYWAY.

The point is you have a whole bunch of people voting for Kanye in this thread for two reasons A) They arbitrarily hate Lil' Wayne from the Hot Boyz days and have never grown up and realized that duke is actually one of the nicer emcees out right now B) They like Kanye's beats and pay no attention whatsoever to things like lyrics and delivery.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Moolah wrote:Yes I know all of those things. The line still makes no sense to me. I realise he used the word sun and kevin johnson in the same sentence, is that the extent of the connection here? Is it really an insult to call someone kevin johnson? Dude was sick.
It's not the fact he's calling him Kevin Johnson, it's the fact that he's calling you his "Son/Sun"

You get it?

Dids

Post by Dids »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
The point is you have a whole bunch of people voting for Kanye in this thread for two reasons A) They arbitrarily hate Lil' Wayne from the Hot Boyz days and have never grown up and realized that duke is actually one of the nicer emcees out right now B) They like Kanye's beats and pay no attention whatsoever to things like lyrics and delivery.
Or they think that Kayne's a pretty entertaining MC and that Wayne at best (plz see quoted lyrics above) just strings together slightly amusing one liners.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Dids wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Or they think that Kayne's a pretty entertaining MC and that Wayne at best (plz see quoted lyrics above) just strings together slightly amusing one liners.
That would fit under category B. Anybody who thinks Kanye is a pretty entertaining MC and Wayne just strings together slightly amusing one liners pays no attention to lyrics and delivery.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I can now tell you that Wayne sounds better over Kanye's beats than Kanye does.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

weezy has more forced similes and metaphors than the rawkus messageboard back in 96.
and this is why he has so much love on the internet. FINALLY someone in the mainstream who's "lyrically lyrical" but has "street cred".
sure his flow can be absolutely bonkers at times, but i still aint buying what he's selling.

craig

Post by craig »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Dids wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
That would fit under category B. Anybody who thinks Kanye is a pretty entertaining MC and Wayne just strings together slightly amusing one liners pays no attention to lyrics and delivery.
word. for all the people who voted for kanye, i have yet to see any of them post a kanye verse in this thread

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

DudleyDawson wrote:weezy has more forced similes and metaphors than the rawkus messageboard back in 96.
and this is why he has so much love on the internet. FINALLY someone in the mainstream who's "lyrically lyrical" but has "street cred".
sure his flow can be absolutely bonkers at times, but i still aint buying what he's selling.
:lock: