dwight schrute beets

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Liger Woods

dwight schrute beets

Post by Liger Woods »

really not sure about this beat...i was really bobbing my head to it feeling myself. but now iono.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dju57t

citizen

Post by citizen »

right off, the claps need to be deeper i think, they are either pitched too high or need to be layered with a fuller clap sound or a snare or tamb or somethin

i like the changeup, i didnt see it coming but it transitioned nicely, i dunno about that vocal sample, sounds like he is saying dont sell...the pitch and feel of it work, but the actual voice of the guy(?) seems really weird

i think the main melodies/the guitar need to be brought out more, they should be the thing you hear the most rather than blending or being in the background like they are

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

the melodies of the track itself is dope. some different stuff. real calm and relaxing sound. those drums need some work though. i dig the 808 effect but it sounds like they're missing something.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

yeah, i like the background shit alot
but the bass drums sounds like cardboard and the clap is way too "in stereo" crispy so crispy

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

^^^^^

word guys....all of that is real talk.

i don't fuck with beats too hard i just know the basics on how to make them. and when i do fuck with beats i usually don't use these kind of samples which a duran duran jumpoff inspired by the 80's beat battle thread. usually, i know what needs help on my beats but with this i knew somethin needed to be changed i just didn't know what cuz i'm not used to fuckin with shit like this.

so it was really appreciated.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i think thats dope, definitely make the high hats deeper and maybe beef up the drums a little? the vocal sample does sound weird, i mean, it matches, but its just weird. but yeah, thats all i can really say, the sample was fresh, props on flippin some duran duran, i wanted to fucks with that Rio track in the beat battle pack, but i decided to stay away from it

cornsnake

Post by cornsnake »

man, if it was summr i'd drive on that one at night. yeah Duran kinda sounds special olympics but hey. i guess a little rza-fication of the drums would be cool

cornsnake

Post by cornsnake »

here it is. kanye the vocal, rza the drums and it would ride day and night.
thats a cool beat

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

I like it---i got a couple Duran Duran vinyl laying around--haven't sampled off it yet--but I like the eighties feel-- I don't especially like the clap, but that's just my opinion- good work

dirtybird

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

im liking the drums....im really not crazy about the sample....something about it just doesnt pull everything together for me....its a pretty uninteresting sample imo..im not a big fan of the sample change up either..overall its def not a bad beat but could be better with other synths or something spicing it up....
The best hip hop producer you never heard of:

www.myspace.com/liquid6dustmightz

Tack-Fu

Post by Tack-Fu »

Some producers love the hand clap sound.

A producer friend of mine "Jethro" who does all the musical arrangements and recording for the "Bad Fathers" loves the hand clap.

Me? Not so much. So if we worked on a track together (not very often...he's not the type to colab with others) we found a middle ground by using a wood sound kind'a hit and the hand clap blended together. It would sound nice. It would'nt need echo effects and all that mess either.

Don't laugh...but I kind'a like Duran Duran also. I'd never use their work unless they paid me for a re-mix. But hey...do your thing.
Peace,
Tack

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

hm. or. ergh. this really doesn't do much for me. i keep waiting for it to...i dunno, matter? it straddles the fence between completely shitty and extraordinarily interesting; as it stands though, it's just kinda there. re-work it, bump it up a couple bpms. make it shuffle as opposed to stretch, and y'might could attach some relevance to this jawn.

deuces.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.