Memphis Bleek.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

okkid

Post by okkid »

u buggin homie.

sneed

Post by sneed »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Dog, i met real niggas like Shyne when i used to play for the Bad Boy basketball team and i can tell you that no hood niggas have listened to anything Jay has made since "Show You How".

That's why he was cut from the video version of "Get Throwed" - Bun B ain't want no silly tired old fuck in the video with real g's like him, Pimp C, Z-Ro and Jeezy.
I'm not trying to throw hood credentials around or anything, but everyone I know that lives in the hood listens to Jay-Z.

and the thought of them "cutting" jay-z from the "Get Throwed" video bc he's not hood enough is rediculous.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Good replies lexus i still think a few bump Jay-Z on his past classics and bangers alone.

Angleoneous

Post by Angleoneous »

ha, posting senseless bleek lyrics quotes drives home the point that he is completely late nineties. again, all that talk about guns poppin....fuggin guy. :roll:

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

I remember being extremely hyped for Bleek's debut after his drop on Clue's Professional tape.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Sneed wrote:I'm not trying to throw hood credentials around or anything, but everyone I know that lives in the hood listens to Jay-Z.
I seened you and, no offense, but, playa, you mad soft. The hood niggaz i know > the hood niggaz you know. Yer hood niggaz game is weak - get ya hood niggaz weight up, kid.
Blessingindisguise wrote:lexus i still think a few bump Jay-Z on his past classics and bangers alone.
We ain't talkin' bout that old shit. We talkin' 03 (and beyond) and it's clear to any real street nigga that "M.A.D.E" is near-classic and "The Black Album" was the worst thing to come out on the R-O-C that year.

Choke

Post by Choke »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:
Sneed wrote:I'm not trying to throw hood credentials around or anything, but everyone I know that lives in the hood listens to Jay-Z.
I seened you and, no offense, but, playa, you mad soft. The hood niggaz i know > the hood niggaz you know. Yer hood niggaz game is weak - get ya hood niggaz weight up, kid.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really enjoyed one of the Bleek albums. I think it might have been M.A.D.E. Can't be too sure though.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

pen

Post by pen »

that track, 'just blaze bleek and free' offa M.A.D.E. is a banger
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

:rofl: @ anyone ever purchasing a bleek album

he's not horrible, but he can't hold an album down by himself.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Where's that hilarious dialogue between the ROC members? The one where they write Jay as a complete meglomaniac and Memphis is just a complete scrub.

I remember it being funny, at least.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

SYMantiks wrote:Where's that hilarious dialogue between the ROC members? The one where they write Jay as a complete meglomaniac and Memphis is just a complete scrub.

:omgracist:

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

SYMantiks wrote:Where's that hilarious dialogue between the ROC members? The one where they write Jay as a complete meglomaniac and Memphis is just a complete scrub.

I read that shit on allhiphop.com a while ago...it was funny. Someone needs to find that again.

Req

Post by Req »

http://roc-a-scenes.com/

the best one is probably either vol 7 or 10
F.U. MOOLAH

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:Image

GREAT album
Those 9th Wonder tracks were really dope. This honestly was the best album he made besides that M.A.D.E. jawn.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

yo lexus, Lost Boys 2 is happening and both Corey's and the other Frog Brother too. Thought u might care since you like that flick so much.

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

memphis memphis my gun bust tremendous you aint you aint on my dick shorty but your friend is.

i think the holla holla remix needs its own thread if memphis is gettin his own thread.

Here's the rules : chop it, bag it, stash it, stack it
get in, get out - that's an O.G's classic
900 hustler, you pass it around
wanna talk to me direct? Hit extention tre-pound

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

he's just a corny individual.
so even if his shit aint half as bad as people say it is, his corniness will make it seem a lot worse.

Thun

Re: Memphis Bleek.

Post by Thun »

Req wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
Murph wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:it's better than "The Black Album"
Stopped reading after this.
common sense is universal

:ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: / :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I cosign MADE being better then the black album...the black album was seriously HORRIBLE...fuck outta here with that corny shit

aresem

Post by aresem »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
bringinoutbangerz wrote:Image

GREAT album
"Straight Path", "All About Me", "Like That" > "Dear Summer".
9th Wonder > Just Blaze
wow.... u cant be fuckin serious with that statement.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

zzz.

snore.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:
LOL

But in all honestly, I think people in BK probably in general listen to Jay more than anybody else, but there's no way "everybody in the hood" is bumping Jay-Z. Far from it. They do go to his concerts still though. But I don't know a soul uptown who bumps Jay-Z at this point. Hear it out of the random car here and there in NY, but I always assume it's the radio or somebody commuting from New Jersey. No love from uptown.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Donny Chicago

Post by Donny Chicago »

blessingindisguise wrote:yo lexus, Lost Boys 2 is happening and both Corey's and the other Frog Brother too. Thought u might care since you like that flick so much.
only one corey is in it...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
LOL

But in all honestly, I think people in BK probably in general listen to Jay more than anybody else, but there's no way "everybody in the hood" is bumping Jay-Z. Far from it. They do go to his concerts still though. But I don't know a soul uptown who bumps Jay-Z at this point. Hear it out of the random car here and there in NY, but I always assume it's the radio or somebody commuting from New Jersey. No love from uptown.

yea i never heard kingdom come or american gangster getting bumped anywhere...jay fell off real hard

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

M.A.D.E. is a good album - I bought it off of the strength of "Round Here" -but no way it was better than the Black Album. And even if you think it was it isn't thanks to Bleek. Every "hit" song on that CD had at least one feature that outshines him (e.g. Trick Daddy on the aforementioned "Round Here"). And not one song on MADE is better than "Allure" or "99 Problems".

My biggest problem with Bleek though is his subject matter NEVER changes. I can't stand to hear him talk about getting brain in the whip anymore or smoking trees or popping niggas. It's tired and he doesn't even take the time to say it in a unique, compelling manner.

Speaking of the ROC though, Beanie is still seriously slept on.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

tpp

Post by tpp »

Yah i rate Bleek but assumed Jay wrote most of his verses.

love his verse at the start of Vol 2.

Nah this ain

It's actually the other way around.

Think about it, yo : on all of the Jay albums Bleek was on, Jay was at his sharpest lyrically. But look at any of the Jay albums Bleek isn't on : lazy meandering emotional old man gayness.

I think we can safely deduce that Bleek ghostwrote everything from Reasonable Doubt to Roc La Familia and all the best lyrics on Blueprint 2.

That's why Jay statys faithful to Bleek but shafts everybody else from Jaz and Sauce to Dame and Biggs to Beans and State Prop.

Memphis Bleek - we runnin' this rap shit

Thun

Post by Thun »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:It's actually the other way around.

Think about it, yo : on all of the Jay albums Bleek was on, Jay was at his sharpest lyrically. But look at any of the Jay albums Bleek isn't on : lazy meandering emotional old man gayness.

I think we can safely deduce that Bleek ghostwrote everything from Reasonable Doubt to Roc La Familia and all the best lyrics on Blueprint 2.

That's why Jay statys faithful to Bleek but shafts everybody else from Jaz and Sauce to Dame and Biggs to Beans and State Prop.

Memphis Bleek - we runnin' this rap shit

:killacam: