forgotten dope albums

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Verge

Post by Verge »

FUNKY DL - RETURN OF THE PINK PANTHER
It looks wack,but it's not. All the beats are great n most of the rhymes are pretty dope. They were from England. Came out around '96,'97. Anybody got this,please upload. Shits a foreign hip hop classic....not positive on the album title

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

VERGILL TIBBS wrote:FUNKY DL - RETURN OF THE PINK PANTHER
It looks wack,but it's not. All the beats are great n most of the rhymes are pretty dope. They were from England. Came out around '96,'97. Anybody got this,please upload. Shits a foreign hip hop classic....not positive on the album title
Funky DL was only one person.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Jaz wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Image

One of my favorite releases from Rap-A-Lot ever, this was released in the early-to-mid 90's on the Rap-A-Lot West imprint and is one of my all time favorites. One-of-a-kind production, like a cold '94 winter's funk. Really dope.
Good call. I stole that album the week it was released and I still play the shit out of it.
Did you like him when he was Laquan and the Notes of A Native Son LP?
Nope. Not at all.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Wait ... Poppa LQ was Laquan?

HOLY WTF

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Paragraph President wrote:Wait ... Poppa LQ was Laquan?

HOLY WTF
Yeah I definitely never knew that. They definitely resemble one another though. Which would make sense if they were in fact the same person.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

ardamus wrote:Image

fam much respekt for some of these but fiend was betta than young bleed and that dungon family reccord was terrible to me

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Paragraph President wrote:Wait ... Poppa LQ was Laquan?

HOLY WTF
Yeah I definitely never knew that. They definitely resemble one another though. Which would make sense if they were in fact the same person.

It's definitely him. I only found that out about three years ago. Kinda blew my mind at first, but then I realized he was probably about twelve years old when he was going by the name Laquan.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Drastik Da God wrote:Image
only cuz no one noticed. who else has this 96 gem?
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Haitian Jack wrote:

fam much respekt for some of these but fiend was betta than young bleed and that dungon family reccord was terrible to me
See, more of a Young Bleed fan though. I checked out Fiend's shit after the hype died down about his album and he's dope as well. As far as preference, Young Bleed is one of my fav. cats that was on No Limit.

You're the first person I know that didn't like the Dungeon Family album. Its not like it was classic but it was a greadt effort combining all the styles in that camp together. Just wish they'd follow it up with more shit.

Here's another forgotten dope album I had playing in the iPOD:

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

ardamus wrote:
Haitian Jack wrote:

See, more of a Young Bleed fan though. I checked out Fiend's shit after the hype died down about his album and he's dope as well. As far as preference, Young Bleed is one of my fav. cats that was on No Limit.

You're the first person I know that didn't like the Dungeon Family album. Its not like it was classic but it was a greadt effort combining all the styles in that camp together. Just wish they'd follow it up with more shit.

Here's another forgotten dope album I had playing in the iPOD:
i never herd that whole album but i know dukes style and kinda dont feel bad or good about him. if kev brown did tha beats tho then i can seee it been cool. but when it come to dc maryland rappers ima take billy woodz and akir over ken star. wale to[/img]

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

^^^don't remember if i still have it, but i used to have a billy woodz disc. forgot how i got it. haven't heard that shit in years.

kenn is nasty; give it a listen in full if you ever get the chance. kev did some tracks on it but oddisee, roddy rod (from mayspyke), khrysis, and m-phazes got some shit on it, too. his mixtape, the starr report, that came out before was cool, too. its dope you know about him. humble dude who really puts alot work into his shit.

crazy you mentioned, akir. i just ran into him a few months ago. his new shit is :cheers: .

locke cole

Post by locke cole »

I was going to mention this, mainly because I wanted to know what happened to them, but I see that they have an album coming out next month.

Still, it's one member less, and what the fuck took so long?
i may have worn sandals in the past but thats because it was hot. - sole