Royce da 5'9 vs. Joe Budden beef

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Royce da 5'9 vs. Joe Budden beef

Post by Magneto »

Budden is gonna murder this kid.

Royce dissed him again on "I'm Nice" (Dope song, weak diss)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/188647826ab6b323/

Budden already stated he will reply to this...
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

okay how did this beef come about and why should we care, I mean really?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The final act of two desperate men.

In other news, Gucci Mane uses autotune on his new DJ Drama mixtape. It is successful.

Juvenile bought two or three tracks from DJ Premier. His new album is now called "Hard Labor".

None

Post by None »

blastmaster wrote:Juvenile bought two or three tracks from DJ Premier. His new album is now called "Hard Labor".
This is infinitely more interesting news.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

royce murks joe budden easily

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

StressIzHim wrote:okay how did this beef come about and why should we care, I mean really?
1) Because Royce keeps provoking it for reasons only known to him

2) Because they are two of the best rappers right now? (Budden being number, Royce being in the top 10 somewhere, I guess)

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

blastmaster wrote:The final act of two desperate men.

In other news, Gucci Mane uses autotune on his new DJ Drama mixtape. It is successful.

Juvenile bought two or three tracks from DJ Premier. His new album is now called "Hard Labor".
Neither Gucci Mane or DJ Drama are succesful. Trust me. Both are broke.

Juvenile has been awful for 7 years now. I'd rather hear Turk over Swizz.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Magneto wrote:
StressIzHim wrote:okay how did this beef come about and why should we care, I mean really?

2) Because they are two of the best rappers right now? (Budden being number, Royce being in the top 10 somewhere, I guess)
I don't even think Joe Budden has himself listed as #1. Are you serious? I'm a Budden fan, but listing him 1 and Royce in the top ten is just unthinkable on ANY criteria except for maybe unreached potential.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

CaseJuan wrote:
Magneto wrote:

I don't even think Joe Budden has himself listed as #1. Are you serious? I'm a Budden fan, but listing him 1 and Royce in the top ten is just unthinkable on ANY criteria except for maybe unreached potential.
Oh, you don't know Budden. He definitely has himself ranked number 1 or in the discussion.

And yeah, they are both two of the best now, Budden is in league of his own, currently. Royce is dope too.

And how in the world is Joe Budden's potential unreached? WTF? How could it be possible to be better than he currently is? More successful? Sure. A better rapper? Nah. This is as good as he gets. He just released in the last three years, two of the best mixtapes of the last decade. With not one skippable track on either one, and plenty of stand out joints.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Magneto wrote:

If we are judging rappers by how "successful" they are or how "broke" they are, I suppose a Royce Da 5'9 vs. Joe Budden thread would be a more than appropriate venue....

Bart Simpson chains dont buy themselves bro.

... and Reality Check shits all over anything either one of these snoozefests have or will ever accomplish in rap.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

blastmaster wrote:
Magneto wrote:

If we are judging rappers by how "successful" they are or how "broke" they are, I suppose a Royce Da 5'9 vs. Joe Budden thread would be a more than appropriate venue....

... and Reality Check shits all over anything either one of these snoozefests have or will ever accomplish in rap.
magneto vs. blastmaster...when new york meets n'awlins
Nets 2022

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

blastmaster wrote:
Magneto wrote:

That Bart Simpson chain ain't got one real diamond in the whole damn thing. I could probably buy that shit with my weed money. Not to mention it's ugly as fuck.

Royce isn't that successful, but he's more succesful then Gucci Mane. Both Budden and Royce albums sold more then Gucci's. Budden's debut LP went Gold, and had a huge hit single. Gucci Mane has one hit single, and hasn't sold 50 thousand copies yet. Gucci Mane is actually LEAST successful then Budden and Royce...pretty easily to boot.

Budden next single features The Game.

The idea of Mood Musik as a concept >>>>> Gucci's Mane's best track

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Reason wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
Magneto wrote:

magneto vs. blastmaster...when new york meets n'awlins

blastmaster is my favorite poster, or close to it.

We just disagree on certain things. He tends to like awful rappers, I tend to not. And I know most of these niggas, and who writes for them, and how pussy they are, so I tend to like them less then even the average "hater".

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I am half joking (I would much rather listen to Gucci than Budden or Royce at this point though), but both Trap House and Hard To Kill went gold on a terrible indie label...

Plus he is currently on a major label and has released more than one album, which is more than either of these bums can claim.

Silly discussion.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

blastmaster wrote:I am half joking (I would much rather listen to Gucci than Budden or Royce at this point though), but both Trap House and Hard To Kill went gold on a terrible indie label...

Plus he is currently on a major label and has released more than one album, which is more than either of these bums can claim.

Silly discussion.
It's really just me discussing it because I'm just upping the thread lol.

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

I didn't think this was an actual diss...i guess it could be looked at like that, but yeah, i don't see it?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

point blank

Post by point blank »

provoked15 wrote:I didn't think this was an actual diss...i guess it could be looked at like that, but yeah, i don't see it?
Royce is baiting him

Lush Won

Post by Lush Won »

I really really wanted to like Mood Music 3 when it came out but god damn that album is boring as hell. Dude is definately a talented emcee and a near brilliant writer but his shit is just stale, boring, and often uncomfortable to listen to...plus his voice irks my nerves. I bought the album but other than the song with Fab and Randsom/Hitchcock on it I cant really fucks wit it.

I think its safe to say Budden is pretty much overrated as an overall artist, and needs to work on other aspects of his craftmanship before he permenantly puts himself in the canibus/chino xl category (royce as well).
Too much, I serve too many people, too much

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Royce needs to stay away from beef. It never ends good for him. Mag telling me Drama is broke brings joy to my life.

step one

Post by step one »

I thought it stemmed from the XXL battle last year where Budden didnt show due to family problems. Mistah Fab and Royce performed and took a few shots at him.
Budden responded on the straight dope 'Thou Shalt Not Fall' (that Inxs/Lost Boys sample killed it) - he says some stuff about Fab and then 'Royce fell the fuck off I wont mention him'

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Sounds cool that Juvie did that but wrong thread; start one about it if you want to talk about it. Don't fuckin' derail this shit. :arrow:

Anyways, its an even battle, IMO. They both are consistent as far as verses go. The only thing is that I hope it doesn't go on too far and thats all they have as far as new music they put out.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Juve over Premier sounds fucking ill.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Budden is better than Royce.

Gucci Mane is all around terrible. There really is nothing about this dude that is worth talking about.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Royce used to have a real nice flow, his lyrics are still good but i don't think he can fuck with buddens

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

and how is Gucci Man broke? somebody fuck with his kitchen?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

I never could understand why niggas talk about how they would kill/shoot/do violence to dudes in a battle rhyme.

Royce is nice, but he's not fuckin' with Joe, relevant or not.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

I thought Royce just said on the new mixtape that he didnt have Beef with Joey. Maybe I wasnt listening close enough. I was cleaning the kitchen at the time.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

pen

Post by pen »

at least two GOOD rappers are beefing.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Meanwhile Budden's album is pushed back...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7 ... ushed-back
The Padded Room, Joe Budden's sophomore album has been postponed until February 24 due to 'complications with the physical product'. The initial release date for The Padded Room was October 28.
Although the release of The Padded Room has been delayed, fans of Joe Budden will be pleased to hear that his label Amalgam Digital will be releasing a digital album entitled The Halfway House on October 28. The Halfway House will include 14 new tracks by Joe Budden and can be purchased online at www.amalgamdigital.com.
"Though I'm not happy about it being pushed so far back, I do understand the method behind the madness. We've got an album I'm extremely proud of and a lead single that Amalgam Digital and I are both very happy with, but for those of you who are just as anxious as I am, I apologize," Joe Budden said in a statement.

Joe Budden's label Amalgam Digital also issued a statement on the matter, "There is a popular misconception that Amalgam Digital is strictly an internet label. Although the label places a strong focus on new media marketing initiatives, promotions, and distributing digital releases, the company is actually still releasing physical CD's as well. While Amalgam has a unique and progressive strategy, the company still faces the same issues and delays every major label encounters when dealing with physical product."

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

mm3 was dope but i don't think it touches bar exam 2 to be honest

i listened to mm3 for like a week or 2 and then haven't listened ever since