Lil' Wayne & The Roots - A Millie (Live)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

B. Ware tha Siniq

Lil' Wayne & The Roots - A Millie (Live)

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NHEdXnLNyI&re ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NHEdXnLNyI&re ... fcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your backpack just :jaz:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Afronaut

Re: Lil' Wayne & The Roots - A Millie (Live)

Post by The Afronaut »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Your backpack just :jaz:
Ha. Word. Shits ill.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

they started playing a little of this at the show i went to on monday.

the backdrop has an anti mccain sign that shows up in the blacklight.

show is the truth

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Everyone's favorite rapper.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

dopeness
the roots are killin it

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Was this at a Roots show? Where? Was he just in the area and stopped by? Curious to know how this happened.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i think the official backpack :jaz: happened when jay z did the unplugged with the roots during the critical phases of the great Kulcha vs Jiggyness wars
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

B. Ware tha Siniq

drizzle wrote:i think the official backpack :jaz: happened when jay z did the unplugged with the roots during the critical phases of the great Kulcha vs Jiggyness wars
Maybe, although to be fair The Blueprint brought a lot of backpackers back around to the Jay-Z side, I remember HHI going nutty for that album, and even recall Jay Seagraves going back out and finally purchasing and reviewing The Dynasty and Vol. III when he realized that Jay-Z might not be Satan-incarnate to his God Sole. Whereas most of the boombap uber fanatics (eg Europeans & Canadians) seem to hate Wayne with an unbridedly fanaticism, even after solid albums like Tha Carter I, II, & III.

But from the perspective of the Roots I'd say the Jay thing was more of a shock to their fans, just because they had seemed so anti-industry for many years at that point.

So this definitely :jaz:-es a few backpacks.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Haha this is ill. Wish there was a better quality video of this. Would also like to know the details of how this went down

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
drizzle wrote:i think the official backpack :jaz: happened when jay z did the unplugged with the roots during the critical phases of the great Kulcha vs Jiggyness wars
Maybe, although to be fair The Blueprint brought a lot of backpackers back around to the Jay-Z side, I remember HHI going nutty for that album, and even recall Jay Seagraves going back out and finally purchasing and reviewing The Dynasty and Vol. III when he realized that Jay-Z might not be Satan-incarnate to his God Sole. Whereas most of the boombap uber fanatics (eg Europeans & Canadians) seem to hate Wayne with an unbridedly fanaticism, even after solid albums like Tha Carter I, II, & III.

But from the perspective of the Roots I'd say the Jay thing was more of a shock to their fans, just because they had seemed so anti-industry for many years at that point.

So this definitely :jaz:-es a few backpacks.
good points i did not consider

another good backpack facemelter moment, the first single of soundbombing 3 being Styles P ft Pharoah Monch, the song becoming a minor hit, then the album itself being doodoobrown
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

They were doing "You got me" and the band finished doing all their solo's, towards the end of the song Quest goes into "lollipop" I wasnt sure if anybody caught on to that but it was dope! Song ends and Quest starts doing "A Millie" 2 seconds later Wayne walks out on stage and does the whole song! The whole crowd starts going crazy, my feet never touched the ground for the remainder of the song, I just had never been so hyped at a show before, I mean i'll jump around at a show just like anybody else but I have never been so fucking hyped at one point at any concert I have ever been to. for the Second verse wayne unzips his jacket and his neck is coverd in diamonds. All in all it was unbelievable and I was ready to leave after that point, I mean it couldnt get any better than that! (it was at the backend of the show anyway). ?uest really killed it though he even did the a millie a millie while weezy was doing his thing. Never forget that night
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Patches O'Houlihan

It was at The Roots, Gym Class Heores, Estelle show, Fillmore Miami Beach. Wayne was in town and ?uest just called him up and asked for a favor.

anyone have audio of this (mp3), I already saw it on youtube

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Sounds like a good time, O'Houlihan.

audio: https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2or ... Qnp2Wmc9PQ

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

I always try to catch the Roots when they come around. Last time I saw them at House of Blues they covered the Bad Brains and the intro to Enter the Sandman by Metallica.

The best thing was when they brought out an original second line new orleans street marching van that went all over thru the corwd and up the stairs and out into the street in front at the end of the show. They did Slow Motion and Juvenile came out on stage with them. I almost knew that would happen because he and B.G were both spotted in the building that night.

They truly are the best live hiphop act your gonna see. I saw them first back when the opened for the Beastie Boys and the Bad Brains on the Ill Communication tour in 94.

True King

Post by True King »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
drizzle wrote:i think the official backpack Whereas most of the boombap uber fanatics (eg Europeans & Canadians) seem to hate Wayne with an unbridedly fanaticism, even after solid albums like Tha Carter I, II, & III.
i dont know what you heard but i'm from canada & niggas here fuck w/ wayne hard, and couldnt give a fuck less bout no boom bap records any more.

carry on though.

this is dope

Patches O'Houlihan

catfish hunter wrote:I always try to catch the Roots when they come around. Last time I saw them at House of Blues they covered the Bad Brains and the intro to Enter the Sandman by Metallica.

The best thing was when they brought out an original second line new orleans street marching van that went all over thru the corwd and up the stairs and out into the street in front at the end of the show. They did Slow Motion and Juvenile came out on stage with them. I almost knew that would happen because he and B.G were both spotted in the building that night.

They truly are the best live hiphop act your gonna see. I saw them first back when the opened for the Beastie Boys and the Bad Brains on the Ill Communication tour in 94.

Yeah I was completely surprised at how many covers they did, one of the best parts was the guy just jamming on a Sousaphone the whole night, just incredible, jumping around and jamming his ass off, perfect!

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

yeah man they play a good long set for like 2 and a half hours too. Thats why hipnhop shows arent really worth it unless you just really want to be at that event. Hypemen, shitty sound, lack of perfromance and no stage show makes the outrageous ticket prices burger stuff.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Philaflava wrote:Was this at a Roots show? Where? Was he just in the area and stopped by? Curious to know how this happened.
it happened at other roots shows. my brother went to the roots show at the fillmore in miami beach and wayne showed up to do the same thing.

:icedit:

oh that was video of the miami show? w.e. then i guess it was only this one.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

B. Ware tha Siniq

True King wrote: i dont know what you heard but i'm from canada & niggas here fuck w/ wayne hard

:pause: :pause: :pause: :pause: :pause: :pause: :arrow: :ohcanada:

But yeah, maybe it is more of a European boom bap purist thing to hate on Wayne at this point. Carry on.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
True King wrote: i dont know what you heard but i'm from canada & niggas here fuck w/ wayne hard

But yeah, maybe it is more of a European boom bap purist thing to hate on Wayne at this point. Carry on.
I think you might be pinning it on the wrong ones once again. Most listeners I know here fucks with Wayne too.

B. Ware tha Siniq

The Frankest wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

I think you might be pinning it on the wrong ones once again. Most listeners I know here fucks with Wayne too.
Well I'm not basing it on any real demographic, just the responses he seems to get on this board, from non-Americans.

step one

Post by step one »

I can testify that it is possible to not be a 'European boom bap purist' and still hate Lil Wayne.

just saying.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

European... check.
Hate on Wayne... check.