Eskay Breaks Down The New Jadakiss Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

B. Ware tha Siniq

Eskay Breaks Down The New Jadakiss Album

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Eskay wrote:A few hours ago, Jadakiss and the good folks from Def Jam played a bunch of cuts from his upcoming album, Kiss My Ass for a room full of DJs, a couple of bloggers and some other industry types. None of the tracks we heard were mixed or mastered, and Kiss said the material represents only about 75% of the album, so you know how that goes. I will say that he goes in on the title track, and heג€™s got a back-and-forth joint with Styles P that is going to melt the streets. You can bet that Iג€™ll be harassing these guys to leak that shit for the next couple of weeks. The joint with Barrington Levy is dope, and thereג€™s a track with the title of this post in the chorus that is sick. The slick talk is at 100 thousand trillion. The song that everybody was waiting to hear, the letter to Big, is everything youג€™d expect it to be. Donג€™t quote me, but I think Kiss is finally going to put out the album everybody always knew he had in him.

Kiss My Ass is dropping on December 9, which also happens to be the day Curtis is flopping dropping, and my birthday.
Sounds good. I even like the "radio" song that came out.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Dope. That last D-Block song was MURDER.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Can't wait for this!

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Good. I had some doubts beforehand, but now I'm pretty hyped.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

wow Barrington Levy I haven't heard that name in years, this sounds good.

step one

Post by step one »

Jaz wrote:wow Barrington Levy I haven't heard that name in years, this sounds good.
i'll put money on it that he's donig that 'whatadiddly wo-ah' thing he always does!

really hope the album is good though. The letter to Biggie joint is gonna be blogged to death but Kiss is good on those introspective joints.
either way it HAS to be better than 'Big Brother'.

'these lil dudes wanna be Kiss and believe that if Big was alive alot of shit would be different'

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Jadakiss needs his "Blueprint" to put him with the GOATs.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Thun

Post by Thun »

There's no way this album won't be extremely disappointing. The other 25% of the album will undoubtedly include some enormously misguided attempts at radio play and sample issues will cause the beats in the other 75% to be replaced by generic crap.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Over/under number of tracks where the vocorder is used?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Yohan wrote:Over/under number of tracks where the vocorder is used?
I hope to god no more than 2-3.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B. Ware tha Siniq

Thun wrote:There's no way this album won't be extremely disappointing.
I dunno, even with the positive preview, my expectations aren't that high. As long as it's better than his first two albums I'll be pleased with it. And neither one of them had even close to 75% good material.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Thun wrote:There's no way this album won't be extremely disappointing.
I dunno, even with the positive preview, my expectations aren't that high. As long as it's better than his first two albums I'll be pleased with it. And neither one of them had even close to 75% good material.
True, but I did thoroughly enjoy some of the tracks on Kiss of Death (Time's Up & Why? for instance), and the same could be said for Kiss The Game Goodbye (Show Discipline anyone?).

I wouldn't go as far and place him with the Greatest of all time though, if he got his Blueprint. Ah fuck it, if his album is real good he just might be. I always always love his freestyles.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Listening parties are such bullshit. It's forced reaction, hype and nothing but rushed judgment due to the guilt or pressure (take your pick).

Jadakiss is one of the best emcees out with very little to prove that claim. Do I think this album will be great? Absolutely not. Will I check for it the minute it drops? I'll be running to Best Buy if I didn't already download it.

But to take someone who was a "fortunate" blogger or DJ is just bullshit. The only way you can judge an album accurately is in the comfort of your own home, car or headphones. Not with somebody feeding you free KFC chicken poppers and standing over you with a big grin like "it's dope, right?"

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Has there been a release date set for this yet?

B. Ware tha Siniq

hessbz12 wrote:Has there been a release date set for this yet?
Yeah it's in the first post in the thread, December 9th.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
hessbz12 wrote:Has there been a release date set for this yet?
Yeah it's in the first post in the thread, December 9th.
Yea, I missed that part. What are the chances it really drops on that date.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

My expectations are extremely low. I hope this is dope but based on the last two, I dont' think it will be.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Magneto wrote:Jadakiss needs his "Blueprint" to put him with the GOATs.
i been saying that for years.

if this is it, i'll be happy for him.

rap always needs more Kiss/Styles P tag team :copy: 's
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I wish him the best but I still say this guy is one of the most ovverrated and lazy street rappers ever. 3 albums in what like 7 years? None classic but with bangers. I don't understand his praise but I wish him the best. It'll move 300,000 worldwide at most.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

I'm a big Kiss fan, but expectations are low. I think about the guy who made "Blood Pressure" and he never comes close to delivering.

I'd be much more psyched about a Kiss/Styles CD though. They have the best tag team flow in the industry and we need more of it.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

CaseJuan wrote: I'd be much more psyched about a Kiss/Styles CD though. They have the best tag team flow in the industry and we need more of it.
this NEEDS to happen more than a new Lox album does.
sorry Sheek :owens:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;