50 Cent reality TV show coming soon: Money & the Power

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

50 Cent reality TV show coming soon: Money & the Power

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

New York, NY (October 15, 2008) ג€“ 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) was the top earning rapper in 2007, earning an astonishing $150 million, according to Forbes magazine. He parlayed a stake in Vitamin Water to a 9-figure payout and he continues to be the single savviest businessman in the music game. As he puts it, ג€œIf I was just my image, I wouldnג€™t have made this much money.ג€ 50 Centג€™s success is nothing less than the American dream and this show is his coming out party as an inspiration to a new generation of street-savvy entrepreneurs. His forthcoming book, ג€œThe 50th Law,ג€ co-authored with Robert Greene (ג€The 48 Laws of Powerג€), will share the lessons he learned as a street hustler and how those lessons allowed him to become the massive success he is today. In ג€œ50 Cent: The Money and the Power,ג€ hosted by and starring 50 Cent, he will share these lessons with a lucky few. The winner, the young man or woman whose ideas and drive make them worthy of 50ג€™s support, receives a $100,000 investment from 50 Cent himself. ג€œ50 Cent: ג€œThe Money and the Powerג€ will premiere on MTV on Thursday, November 6th at 10pm ET/PT.

ג€œ50 Cent: The Money and the Powerג€ contestants worked together while also living at ג€œCamp Curtis,ג€ a Brooklyn warehouse where they slept in tents named after the five boroughs of New York City. The 14 wannabe moguls, personally hand-picked by 50 Cent, compete in inventive challenges that 50 Cent helped to create, while mastering the skills that took the rapper from his hard-knock life to the top of corporate America. Each week, 50 Cent will narrow down his search by testing the candidates on the knowledge he has taught them while pushing them to their limit. Viewers will be treated to special appearances by LL Cool J, Aubrey Oג€™Day of Danity Kane, Lloyd Banks and radio personality and blogger Miss Info. And since no business mogul can work alone, 50 Cent recruited his G-Unit label mate Tony Yayo to be his ג€œUnderbossג€ and right hand man. Yayo kept contestants in line for 50 Cent throughout series.

Ultimately, the last individual standing will, in 50ג€™s eyes, possess the strongest combination of business flair, strength, ambition, and fearlessness to win the $100,000 and help achieve their dream and pave the way to future mogul status. ג€œ50 Cent: The Money and the Powerג€ was mostly shot in New York City (in and around Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, etcג€¦) and will have ten one hour episodes.

In addition to his record label, G-Unit Records, 50 Cent has enjoyed enormous global success across a vast array of entrepreneurial ventures, including videogames, books, clothing, footwear, beverages, personal care products, automotive and more. 50 Cent is set to deliver his fourth major label album, Before I Self Destruct (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope), on December 9, 2008. Accompanying the album is the gritty feature length film, Before I Self Destruct, which 50 Cent wrote, directed and starred in.

ג€œ50 Cent: The Money and the Powerג€ is Executive Produced by 50 Cent. Michael Hirschorn, Stella Stolper and Michael Bloom of Ish Entertainment are Executive Producers. Sacha Jenkins and Gabe Alverez are Co-Executive Producers. Chris Lighty and Laurie Dobbins of Violator are Co-Executive Producers. Bruce Klassen is Supervising Producer. Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley and George McTeague are creative executives overseeing project for MTV. ג€œ50 Cent: The Money and the Powerג€ is produced by MTV and Ish Entertainment.
:naswtf: x :jayz: x :killacam:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

I wish he'd stop.
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Conscious wrote:I wish he'd stop.
there's no stopping what cyant be stopped... NO KILLIN WHAT CYANT BE KILLED!!! :ironmike:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intellicon
Mr. MP3x

Post by intellicon »

what ever happened to suge's reality show

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

There's no way I would watch this. And I watch a lot of shitty reality tv.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

dont lie.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

intellicon wrote:what ever happened to suge's reality show
the most important question so far

Elfamail

Post by Elfamail »

It can't possibly be worse than "From Gs to Gents."

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote: shitty reality tv.
That's redundant.
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
intellicon wrote:what ever happened to suge's reality show
the most important question so far
i still want to see that show
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

man. i was actually interested in the title. i was thinking along the lines of "Runs House" type shit, where its just 50 talking shit all day.

The Reality-Game show shit is fucking wack as hell tho.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Suge's show "Unfinished Business" is done shooting, they were supposed to do an internet-only weekly type show but A&E and BET both were trying to get their hands on it. Look out for me in the third episode when niggas start wildin' in the Key Club with B's and C's mobbin the place.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Suge's show "Unfinished Business" is done shooting, they were supposed to do an internet-only weekly type show but A&E and BET both were trying to get their hands on it. Look out for me in the third episode when niggas start wildin' in the Key Club with B's and C's mobbin the place.
anticipation INCREASED

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Suge's show "Unfinished Business" is done shooting, they were supposed to do an internet-only weekly type show but A&E and BET both were trying to get their hands on it. Look out for me in the third episode when niggas start wildin' in the Key Club with B's and C's mobbin the place.
What do you look like though? I wont even know who to look for.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Magneto wrote:
What do you look like though? I wont even know who to look for.
I'd be the only nigga in the club with a PF shirt on so you can't miss me

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

None of this is surprising, but that makes it no less lame.

What happened to rappers, y'know rapping? How about instead of doing a reality show you put effort into making your next album listenable.

I understand the concept of diversifying...but hell when your bread and butter gig is suffering, get your priorities straight.

Geez.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gkcd7lxBC7c&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gkcd7lxBC7c&co ... hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

:lol:

i would actually watch this

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING

Post by SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING »

Kalistoga wrote::lol:

i would actually watch this
so would all the people that are talking shit
50 is more entertaining than he is a good rapper
this is more his lane

Pizon

Re: 50 Cent reality TV show coming soon: Money & the Pow

Post by Pizon »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:And since no business mogul can work alone, 50 Cent recruited his G-Unit label mate Tony Yayo to be his ג€œUnderbossג€ and right hand man. Yayo kept contestants in line for 50 Cent throughout series.
Could we be on the verge of witnessing G-Unit's real life answer to the Roc-a-Scenes?

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

i hope this isnt 50s downward spiral, hes looking like dame dash right now

both 50 and dame should have looked into comedy instead of this reality tv shit, they are comedic genius's

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING

senorhaha wrote:i hope this isnt 50s downward spiral, hes looking like dame dash right now

both 50 and dame should have looked into comedy instead of this reality tv shit, they are comedic genius's
id be willing to bet you fifty made a lot of money with this deal
while dame dash got paid in fubu hockey jerseys to do his show
for real i bet thats how he got paid

at this point a fifty reality show is the only thing interesting
i dont want to hear another g unit cd

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING wrote:
senorhaha wrote:i hope this isnt 50s downward spiral, hes looking like dame dash right now

i hope 50 did make alot of money off it, but something just doesnt sit right, maybe i need to watch an actual episode, but from what i seen in the commercials, 50 just didnt seem right,not the best look for a boss, yayo on the other hand, absolutely perfect for the role haha

i never realized fubu hockey jerseys existed, fucking mind boggleing

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING

senorhaha wrote:

i hope 50 did make alot of money off it, but something just doesnt sit right, maybe i need to watch an actual episode, but from what i seen in the commercials, 50 just didnt seem right,not the best look for a boss, yayo on the other hand, absolutely perfect for the role haha

i aint saying the show going to be masterpiece theater but its some MTV shit you just laugh at while your on the phone or something
dont get you get some TV time in jail still?

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

senorhaha wrote:

i aint saying the show going to be masterpiece theater but its some MTV shit you just laugh at while your on the phone or something
dont get you get some TV time in jail still?
oh i aint say i aint gonna watch it, im definetly gonna watch it and look foward to seeing him snap on that stupid looking asain broad

i watched most of the season of "i love money" i cant front like watching this would be beneath me or something haha

im sayn, is all im sayn haha

ric

Post by ric »

100000$ "investment" huh? :killacam:

thats like saying "the winner of the game show will allow 50 to own their life"

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

does anybody remember (i forgot the song name) that 50 song where the words on it go "my knife cuts ya skyyyyyyyyyn?

whats the name of that song?

my knife cuts ya skin
:naswtf:

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

catfish hunter wrote:does anybody remember (i forgot the song name) that 50 song where the words on it go "my knife cuts ya skyyyyyyyyyn?

whats the name of that song?

my knife cuts ya skin
:naswtf:
my spoon seperates the jello in the plastic container just enough to fit ontop of the spoon and then enter my mouth so i can swollow and digeeeeeeeesst it

no wait, thats a diffrent song

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

my knife cuts ya skin - 50

Post by 360 »

50 was never successful on the street so I don't know why he would try and front like he was.

Now, if Cormega did a show like this....