Post by Haitian Jack »

best

the roots
nas
heltah skeltah
vordul mega
invizzible men
jeanius
johnson & johnson wuz the only non east coast shit i rilly dug like that cept for killer mike wich was amixtape an wayne who dont need no more votes. and madvillain remizes wich i dunno if it count as an album an the same goes for max b.

disapointing

gza
rza
del
rob sonic
devin
murs

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Rob didn't drop anything this year, did he?

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

somebody cool wrote:"get busy" uh yeah

other 3 no, "rising up" is not a good song tho

like i said, this album doesnt even sound like hiphop
we have another "what is hip hop" validator here
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

Philaflava wrote:Rob didn't drop anything this year, did he?
maybe that was last year my bad

ANU

Post by ANU »

somebody cool wrote: like i said, the roots album doesnt even sound like hiphop
:naswtf: :thebest: :gooden: :larry: :blaowarrow: :clay:

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

I didnt check much this year. Did HNIC2 come out this year?? If so thats the winner for me.

People are mentioning MJG's "Pimp Tight" and based off of yalls recomendations i went and bought it...i barely play that shit. I been listening to them for over 10 years now and own Comin Out Hard and up. I wish they would get those Suave House style T-Mix beats back. That space age pimp shit. This Pimp Tight album did NOTHING for me.

Game album is a disappointment. His style was cool for first two albums but his COMPLETE and UTTER lack of growth as an emcee is getting pretty annoying. Big Dreams woulda been top 1-3 songs on it. Beats werent as precise as other albums either. He needs an album of strictly Hi-Tek beats as hes had the nicest beat on the past 2 albums. Name dropping is getting tired. Him mentioning all the same shit in all the songs is getting annoying. His one "concept" on there has been done before. I mean its a decent album but not one of the best this year. I just wanted to rant about him getting more and more annoying.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

somebody cool wrote:"get busy" uh yeah

other 3 no, "rising up" is not a good song tho

like i said, this album doesnt even sound like hiphop
:naswtf:

Sounds like Hip Hop to me...

Rising Down? Get Busy? 75 Bars? I Will Not Apologize? Lost Desire? The Show?

Shit is Top 5 while Tip might be Top 10.

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

hellriser wrote:
"rising down" and the joint w/ saigon r the only ones i play. lmao, the beats on the roots sounded like techno
no....

but im noticed that you hate indie rap, why is that?
what r u talking about?

p brothers, outerspace, lil vic, i've made posts about these guys, i think they are indie rap...
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0DslR0grbw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

I don't understand why neither this

nor this

are listed for albums/releases of the year? Well actually I do understand why they aren't listed on this message board..... but c'mon guy..... that ABN whatever it is down south drivel is mentioned but no Ill Bill or Technique? Cats are talking about MJG album of the year? :lol: Does anyone on here listen to the actual rapping part of rap music anymore?

And yes i know the IT is only a " street album" or " mixtape" but still it's 100 % original production and it did extremely well for an indie release...

i know i know " hardcore pasteoid rap" and " radical political rap" aren't too welcomed around these parts :lol: but if you're going to nominate some straight dreck at least give one of them recognition.

agony

Post by agony »

Large Pro and Guilty Simpson had rather disappointing albums this year

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

that immortal technique album is a piece of shit and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the music he made before this album
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0DslR0grbw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

CheezPizza

Post by CheezPizza »

It's a toss-up between ABN - It Is What It Is and MJG - Pimp Tight
Rule number one: Keep your fazers on stun

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

agony wrote:Large Pro and Guilty Simpson had rather disappointing albums this year
what didnt you like about the guilty simpson album?

from the intro to the last track i vibe hard (pause) as fuck with a blunt to the face.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

somebody cool wrote:that immortal technique album is a piece of shit and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the music he made before this album

nonsense..... " The 3rd World" is his best release to date.... Revolutionary Volume 1 and 2 sound amature in compaison and I like both of them......

D. James

Post by D. James »

HustleCrowe wrote:
somebody cool wrote:that immortal technique album is a piece of shit and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the music he made before this album

nonsense..... " The 3rd World" is his best release to date.... Revolutionary Volume 1 and 2 sound amature in compaison and I like both of them......
I think Volume 2 is his best but I agree about The 3rd World being an album of the year contender. Too many sick tracks on that. Some of the beats were questionable but Technique murders every track and there were some dope guest appearances, Crooked I and Ras Kass being the most notable.

True King

Post by True King »

Last edited by True King on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

True King

Post by True King »

Monotonous wrote: People are mentioning MJG's "Pimp Tight" and based off of yalls recomendations i went and bought it...i barely play that shit. I been listening to them for over 10 years now and own Comin Out Hard and up. I wish they would get those Suave House style T-Mix beats back. That space age pimp shit. This Pimp Tight album did NOTHING for me.
Lol

i don't know why but this board is the only place i seen anybody big up that MJG album. and this comin from a fan of them. that shit is wack, maybe a slight step up from the last 2 Ball & G albums but still not half the album No More Glory was (& even that was overrated as fuck online)

that Pimp Tight shit wasnt even a top 10 south release this year for real

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

immortal technique for album of the year? :naswtf:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:blaowarrow: @ the Pimp Tight hate, that album is pretty much great front to back. Why are people comparing it to albums that dropped fifteen years ago?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

IT will not be in the Album of The Year Poll. I don't even think that was a real studio album. It was some mixtape with Green Latern on it? NO.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Pimp Tight is actually an official release although, I don't think it should be in a top 5 poll. How many would actually vote for it over the notables?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

More people would vote for Pimp Tight which was the best MJG album this year than Immortal Technique which wasn't a real album at all.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Most disappointing album this year was AZ - Undeniable.

G-Siders album should be discussed in consideration for one of the best albums of the year. It came out of nowhere for me and its great.

True King

Post by True King »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:Most disappointing album this year was AZ - Undeniable.

G-Siders album should be discussed in consideration for one of the best albums of the year. It came out of nowhere for me and its great.
it's actually just G-Side, but hell yeah.

their previous album (Sumthin 2 Hate) was really good too. had better highs but worse lows. you probably heard the best songs on that compilation i posted though.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

i'm a dick for fucking up G-side's name.
this whole slow motion soundz thing came out of nowhere for me and i'm loving it.

True King

Post by True King »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:i'm a dick for fucking up G-side's name.
this whole slow motion soundz thing came out of nowhere for me and i'm loving it.
word, they had a shot at blowing up a few years back, maybe like 2004, they had a video out with TI even (Lacs & 'Prices) but the past 2 years now especially.. they been droppin nothin but fire.. the only way I know about em is from Soundcircuit, this dude from their camp posts all their shit there real early, been doin it for years, but now he suddenly disappeared & all the links are down so who knows lol.

apparently the G-Side album is gonna be for sale on cdbaby in a few days. so support that.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

not saying this album is the best of the year but its been in constant rotation. good shit, IMO.

They're a group called PPT from Dallas who's down with Strange Fruit Project. 2nd full-length album. Has a Andre 3000's "The Love Below" and Pharcyde's "Labcabincalifornia" feel to it. Not saying it completely sounds like those projects either but it definitely fits in that category. The concept of the album is being in the south and mixing it with a UK influence (which is why the cover looks like some Yellow Submarine shit).

amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Denglish-PPT/dp/B ... 558&sr=8-1
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Donnie D.

Post by Donnie D. »

Best: ABN

Most disappoiting: I hated the Rick Ross album but then again I expected it to be bad. Biggest disappointment is probably Carter III, not that it sucked but I was hoping it would be a bit weirder.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Philaflava wrote:More people would vote for Pimp Tight which was the best MJG album this year than Immortal Technique which wasn't a real album at all.
Apologies, I thought you were talking about Pimp Tight being the mixtape...

Immortal Technique's should be on the dissapointing list. Sure, the beats were more hit than miss but, coming off of Rev. Vol 2, it should have been a lot better.

spitboxer

Post by spitboxer »

BEST
PACE-WON & MR GREEN - The Only Color That Matters Is Green (Cant believe nobodys mentioned this, shame on you)
ILL BILL - The Hour Of Reprisal
ICE CUBE - Raw Footage
JEAN GRAE & BSBD - The Evil Jeanius
HELTAH SKELTAH - D.I.R.T
EMC - The Show
AKROBATIK - Absolute Value

Disappointments
KRS-ONE - Maximum Strength / Adventures In Emceein (Wasnt expecting much from these anyway as niether are considered official albums)
LARGE PRO - Main Source
NAS - Nas (Tho i do like this i was hoping for much more)
IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE - The 3rd World (Feel the same as i do for Nas's, you can get a studio version of this without Green Lantern on it)
AZ - Undeniable
JEDI MIND TRICKS - A History Of Violence
THE GAME - LAX
GZA - Pro Tools
SMOOTHE THE HUSTLER - Violenttimes Day
OUTERSPACE - Gods Fury
SABAC RED - The Ritual