Melle Mel "Rakim is overrated...2Pac was Hitler..."

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

multsanta wrote: Hitler didn't do all the shit he talked about in his rhymes either.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by CRASH DDZ on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Too much crack.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

CRASH DDZ wrote:
multsanta wrote: Hitler didn't do all the shit he talked about in his rhymes either.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

I think the point Melle Mel wants any and every body to know is ... : Nobody is better then Mel ...

And I can't disagree ... I've seen him at all different stages of his career and his talent is as large as any ever ... Although he, like most of the other greats, never reached his potential when it comes to volume of timeless original genuine fresh modern-day soul&dance music ... Society and especially the music industry separates many great Hiphop recording artists from their relationship with the funk ... Some keep their soul better than others ... Melle is basically saying he still has the talent to hang with any of them ... And when you watch the man perform, you can see he ain't lying ... One of the best ... You can be as good as the best, but you can't be better ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ACTHEPD wrote:I think the point Melle Mel wants any and every body to know is ... : Nobody is better then Mel ...

And I can't disagree ... I've seen him at all different stages of his career and his talent is as large as any ever ... Although he, like most of the other greats, never reached his potential when it comes to volume of timeless original genuine fresh modern-day soul&dance music ... Society and especially the music industry separates many great Hiphop recording artists from their relationship with the funk ... Some keep their soul better than others ... Melle is basically saying he still has the talent to hang with any of them ... And when you watch the man perform, you can see he ain't lying ... One of the best ... You can be as good as the best, but you can't be better ...
FASCINATING

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Rakim has stage presence though... You don't have to act like a god damn fool like Busta Rhymes to have stage presence. On the Ghostface/Rakim live band tour Rakim murked that shit.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Thun wrote:GEE I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY MELLE MEL WOULD HARBOR RESENTMENT AGAINST KRS-ONE
He's mad because KRS beat him in a battle at the Latin Quarters when Melle was arguing with Biz about Kane not being up to par. So, Melle pulled a G out and said he'd battle anyone for it... rumor has it he lost.
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

ACTHEPD wrote:I think the point Melle Mel wants any and every body to know is ... : Nobody is better then Mel ...

you're the fuckin worst.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Req

Post by Req »

chiefbombpro wrote:
Thun wrote:GEE I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY MELLE MEL WOULD HARBOR RESENTMENT AGAINST KRS-ONE
He's mad because KRS beat him in a battle at the Latin Quarters when Melle was arguing with Biz about Kane not being up to par. So, Melle pulled a G out and said he'd battle anyone for it... rumor has it he lost.
"fuck a yard gawd, lemmie see a hunnid grand"
F.U. MOOLAH

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

dude needs to put that bawidibaw-bullshit on hold.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:evil American hatred and crime brought down Tupac, and Pac just was too connected to rap to not drag rap down with him
you are a dumb canuck faggot

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

blessingindisguise wrote:I can't believe people haven't tuned this nigga out. Legend or no legend. His steroid taking ass is crazier then a shithouse rat.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Rahmellzee

The Grand Incredible

Post by The Grand Incredible »

I agree about 2pac being Hitler, that's pretty much true. I've been saying it for years actually. But I think he went too far when he said Rakim is overrated.

Req

Post by Req »

The Grand Incredible wrote:I agree about 2pac being Hitler, that's pretty much true. I've been saying it for years actually. But I think he went too far when he said Rakim is overrated.
damn, 2 shitty posts in as many minutes, you're on a roll today
F.U. MOOLAH

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Req wrote:
The Grand Incredible wrote:I agree about 2pac being Hitler, that's pretty much true. I've been saying it for years actually. But I think he went too far when he said Rakim is overrated.
Shoot for 3! :rofl:

The Grand Incredible

Post by The Grand Incredible »

Req wrote:
If you disagree with what I say plz defend your position.

Req

Post by Req »

The Grand Incredible wrote:
Req wrote:
If you disagree with what I say plz defend your position.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the position of "2Pac cannot strongly be compared to Adolf Hitler" doesn't need much of a defense.

despite the fact that they allegedly both only had one testicle.
F.U. MOOLAH

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I read this....thought about it.....went on Amazom and heard snippets of that Muscles album......looked at what he said about all of them again thinking :naswtf:. The Pac shit is sort of understandable everything else.....can't see it.

Verdict: :fail: :fail: :fail:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

unquestionably pac sold some false images that did not have great benefit to hip hop BUT

you all realize he was 25 when he died. and had been shot a couple times, and possibly falsely accused and imprisoned for sexual assault (i aint gonna say he did or didnt do it, cause i wasnt there, but you gotta consider the possibility that he didnt), the man was probably not very mentally stable at the point where he signed with Death Row and really started pushing the unrepentant gangsta image

Panama

Post by Panama »

drizzle wrote:
CRASH DDZ wrote:
Blahahaha!!!!

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Whats Melle on about :ohsh: ? Didnt he used to wear a pink leather cowboy suit... Yeah he can rhyme amazing skills, but he couldnt drop science like RA...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Melle Mel "Rakim is overrated...2Pac was Hitler..."

Post by Employee »