50 Cent - Try Me (Rick Ross Diss) (CDQ/NODJ)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

rapgame wrote: And why can nobody just accept rap music as entertainment? Why is everyone OBSESSED with a rapper's real life matching their entertainment of gangsta tales?

This is the only genre of music with REALLY idiotic fans....
because there used to be a time when rappers didn't rape their artistic license and actually had a relatively reasonable facsimile of the street life and neighborhood they come from.

Ghostface and Raekwon won and lost street battles.
50 Cent ushered in the era of the "non-vulnerable super-invincible gangster... that barely ever admits his weaknessess or the fact that nobody wins 'em all" (as evidenced off record with 50's multiple, recent business failures)

it's not idiotic to want a modicum of reality with the musical fantasy that is rap

and how long you been in hip hop? back in the days, none of us complained about checking out a fool to see if he was legit.

that should never change.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

Rick Ross may be the new Vanilla Ice, but he hasn't been "blackballed" yet.

Coldplay fans may be idiots, but when I say idiotic I'm only referring to the idiocy associated with the "realness in rap."

I just find it funny that a white kid from a nice suburb will get mad at a rapper and/or lose interest in them once they find out that their tales of shooting up the entire city and selling boatloads of yayo are false. What's the difference if it's real or not? You jammed to the music before, now because you have actual confirmation that their tales of obviously exagerrated crime are in question, the CD gets "no love"?

As if the 80's and 90's had some kind of "no tolerance" for fakeness and were just shutting down acts left and right. Please. The 80's and 90's birthed this whole fake gangsta sludge. The only time I've really heard of someone being blackballed it was because they were TOO much of a real street dude. It's not the other way around.

Columbia wanted nothing to do with 50 Cent after they found out he was involved in real street beef and got shot.

Doo Wop lost his Universal deal back in the day and was blackballed from all other labels for having goons rush into their office and use scare tactics.

Being "real" is what gets you blackballed. If fake rappers got blackballed, there'd be no rap music on the market.

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:it's not idiotic to want a modicum of reality with the musical fantasy that is rap
Then explain to me what's the difference between exagerrated gangsta posturing... and let's say... "space rap" or rappers talking about Egyptian scrolls and wielding staffs of magical power? Isn't there a place for all kinds of entertainment within the rap palette?

Why can fans have fun when rappers talk about casting spells and rap like the Cella Dwellas but then as soon as someone mentions they shoot a big machine gun, the rap detectives rush to the scene?

It's just corny man... it's music. Stop getting wrapped up in everything else about it. Enjoy the sound that comes out of your speakers and relax.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

You can't suck a niggas dick and you can't be no cop
UBM CD COMING SOON

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
DredScott wrote::naswtf: @ ross wanting to be ethered instead of just strung along and killed slowly...i guess this fat faggot knows that it's better to die fast via execution than rot on death row with AIDS. one of the perks of his former job i guess...

50 needs to end this faggot's career though, i'm tired of these fake fucks getting free passes in hip-hop despite all the blatant evidence. between ross, wayne and game, shit is pathetic how fucked up the game is now with the plea copping for fakeness, dickriding and overall faggotry...

*reminisces of the days when these cats woulda been blackballed outta the game with the quickness*
co-signed.
(except for Wayne, who is relatively real, but also borderline unacceptable with his general insanity)

my money's on 50

and that's a LAME ASS move to pretend like 50's response is unworthy, and "give him 48 hours for a real response" :roll:

50 Cent should stomp on Rick Ross until dude's career is over... I know 50 Cent is falling off megalarge right now, but there's no way anyone really thinks he's worse for hip hop than Rick Rawse.

50's top 10 songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ricky Rawse's top 10 songs

the Bawse should be fired
Word up bruhs. I totally stopped listening to Led Zeppelin once Onsmash.com exposed that they had never really even been to Mordor. Muthafukkin Mick Jagger never even owned any black paint! Dawg, Elton John didnt even like girls! WHEN IS THE FAKENESS GOING TO STOP. WHEN ARE THESE FRONTIN ASS FAKE BITCHES GONNA GET CALLED OUT!

FREDDIE IS NOT A FOX! HE IS A HUMAN!
GURU HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN TO INDIA!
BLACKBALL THESE NIGGAZ WIT THE QUICKNESS!
DAZ DILLINGER? NO RELATION!
STYLES P IS IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A GHOST!
IF YOU WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL, YOU GETS NO PLAY FROM ME!
UNLESS YOU WERE BORN WITH A GUN IN YOUR HAND AND HAVE DOCUMENTED PROOF OF EVERY RHYME YOU EVER SPIT, YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM MUSIC, YO!
SCARFACE? FAKE ASS NIGGA IS NAMED AFTER A FAKE ASS CHARACTA IN A MUFUCCKIN MOVIE! COT DAMN!

DOCUMENTARY FORM ONLY PLEASE. DA HOOD CNN!

I cant believe how fake da game is right now. Fuckin Homoz!

Caring that deeply about the personal life of the guy(s) behind the music is on some Teen Beat faggot girl shit. Its fucking rap music. Its all bragadocio and posturing for your enjoyment. If you invest that much emotion into something like the personal employment history of a rapper you probably dont even like, you need to improve your life.

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

^^^BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
Put em on Blast!

Rapper's pasts giving them credibility it retarded. As an artist if I painted a pic of dead bodies, but never seen dead bodies than I'm a fake ass artist?
Buy my mixtape.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

rapgame wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:it's not idiotic to want a modicum of reality with the musical fantasy that is rap
Then explain to me what's the difference between exagerrated gangsta posturing... and let's say... "space rap" or rappers talking about Egyptian scrolls and wielding staffs of magical power? Isn't there a place for all kinds of entertainment within the rap palette?

Why can fans have fun when rappers talk about casting spells and rap like the Cella Dwellas but then as soon as someone mentions they shoot a big machine gun, the rap detectives rush to the scene?

It's just corny man... it's music. Stop getting wrapped up in everything else about it. Enjoy the sound that comes out of your speakers and relax.
i'm not even arguing with you. i won't smash my computer because i hear a song from a fake gangsta like the Game or Rick Ross. I just learn how much their songs are false, and then laugh. I bought NWA on cassette, I been knowing Dr. Dre is exaggerating his non-gangsta past. Thing is, he's a true HIP HOP ARTIST, and isn't out there fronting like he's running coke thru half of Bompton.

motherfuckers lost the plot a long time ago, and forgot where to draw the line.

if anyone thinks Canibus will ACTUALLY "hit you in the chest so hard your shoulders will touch"... then you DESERVE to have it happen to you! :rofl:

p.s. blastmaster... stop embarrassing yourself so childishly. If you want to defend Rick Ross and pretend he's NOT the most fabricated gangsta rapper out now, do you. The Smoking Gun exposed that fraud, not me.

Various rappers in history have various levels of truth to their music. The best ones are not entirely proud of their past crimes, and don't need to keep referring to it to remain relevant in rap. But good music always works wonders no matter who makes it, right? ...I hope so.

I believe Cam'ron ACTUALLY sold (still sells? :killacam: :lol: ) the amount of crack he talks about. But do I respect that? No. I still enjoy much of his music. As opposed to Rick Ross, who I highly doubt sold as much as he claims... I still do enjoy some of his music, too. And DEFINITELY don't respect him.

that's it.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

blastmaster wrote:
ardamus wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
Conscious wrote:Why did he make this?
Ross pretty much beat him up.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... n=8,0,18,0" width="325" height="28" id="divmp3"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6392104-9a1" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6392104-9a1" width="325" height="28" name="divmp3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

50's diss is decent, but Ross is rapping his fat ass off right now. The guy is legit.
That new shit he got with John Legend is dope.
True indeed. Ross is quietly one of the best doing it.
BELIIEEEE DATTT!
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Thun

Post by Thun »

step one

Post by step one »

rapgame wrote:Days when cats would be blackballed? What are you talking about?

This "fakeness" you describe of has been going on for more than 15 years in rap music.

Onyx?
Mobb Deep?
Dr. Dre?

Nobody blackballed them.

Somebody tell me who has been "blackballed" in the game for being fake besides Vanilla Ice?

And why can nobody just accept rap music as entertainment? Why is everyone OBSESSED with a rapper's real life matching their entertainment of gangsta tales?

I'd say that the rappers themselves make more of an issue of it than the fans do. The amount that feel the need to get caught with guns/weed in the run up to album release is pitiful.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Thun wrote:Image
:hooray:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

rapgame wrote: And why can nobody just accept rap music as entertainment? Why is everyone OBSESSED with a rapper's real life matching their entertainment of gangsta tales?

because there used to be a time when rappers didn't rape their artistic license and actually had a relatively reasonable facsimile of the street life and neighborhood they come from.

50 Cent ushered in the era of the "non-vulnerable super-invincible gangster... that barely ever admits his weaknessess or the fact that nobody wins 'em all" (as evidenced off record with 50's multiple, recent business failures)

it's not idiotic to want a modicum of reality with the musical fantasy that is rap

and how long you been in hip hop? back in the days, none of us complained about checking out a fool to see if he was legit.

You must not be too familiar with 50's music, he admits losses in the streets that he took. 50 never been an overly fronting type rapper. He never really rapped about selling 100 of kilos, or say that he killed 50 niggas or none of that.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Magneto wrote:

You must not be too familiar with 50's music, he admits losses in the streets that he took. 50 never been an overly fronting type rapper. He never really rapped about selling 100 of kilos, or say that he killed 50 niggas or none of that.
I am quite familiar with Fiddy's ish (remember when fools here tripped cause I had a song on one of my mixtapes called "50 Cent Is My Hero" :grin: )... and I do remember those days. They just seem SO long ago.

"Power of the Dollar" era 50 is the most realistic version he revealed of himself. Since he got signed to the house of Iovine, he basically became a supermasculine superthug and isn't very balanced showing diverse emotions on record. It's basically: "I rule with an iron fist, and if you ain't with me, you're against me" on some GW Bush shit.

literally, the most vulnerable line I can think of 50 spitting on a popular song is "woke up the next morning, niggas done stole my bike" :rofl:

Eminem made it an artform of making vulnerabilities public on some Hailie/Kim/Debbie shit. 50 barely talks about Marquis or his baby mama drama, and certainly not on record. He's gonna fall off even harder if he keeps pretending that even the biggest cats take an L sometimes.

and i dont hate the dude at all... i'm just sayin

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

blastmaster wrote:DAZ DILLINGER? NO RELATION!
Hhahhahahahhaaaaa

Ross rapes this thread

PEACE

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I hope 50 applies pressure on Rick Ross worse than he did to Ja Rule. I believe Jeffrey Atkins is more gangsta than Officer William Roberts :rofl:

this video is kinda jokes

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x87hhu" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x87hhu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
<b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x87hhu">Curtis threatens officer Ross</a></b>
<i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/yardie4lifev ... ></i></div>

BONUS JOKES:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t2G-OAv5x3s&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t2G-OAv5x3s&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

cool

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

This is not a good look for any of them. Ross is risking his career while 50 is risking his life if he fucks with Ross' home and personal life.

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Who cares, they're both boring

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Drastik Da God wrote:This is not a good look for any of them. Ross is risking his career while 50 is risking his life if he fucks with Ross' home and personal life.
SO as I understand niggas in the hood all knew about Ross' prison cop status but he was still good?

I knew some female COs that were tolerable but teh big niggas always were the worst, anyway 50 says he got paperwork that embarasses ross too another level(prolly befriending prisoners and ratting on them)

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Drastik Da God wrote:This is not a good look for any of them. Ross is risking his career while 50 is risking his life if he fucks with Ross' home and personal life.
SO as I understand niggas in the hood all knew about Ross' prison cop status but he was still good?

I knew some female COs that were tolerable but teh big niggas always were the worst, anyway 50 says he got paperwork that embarasses ross too another level(prolly befriending prisoners and ratting on them)
I knew about Ross being a CO back when he was at Suave House. It was known and really did not matter. Florida has one of the most corrupt state governments in the U.S. ESPECIALLY the prison system.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:

You're a fag.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Drastik Da God wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:

I knew about Ross being a CO back when he was at Suave House. It was known and really did not matter. Florida has one of the most corrupt state governments in the U.S. ESPECIALLY the prison system.
Word. That 10-20-Life shit is beastly.
My ex's brother got sentenced to life in prison a few years back. The judge who sentenced him was retiring. Somebody overheard him sayin "before I retire I'm going to sentence as many niggers to life in prison as I can". So dude ends up getting released on some type of technicality. But he's a dumb ass so he ended up getting locked up again. All of the charges were drug related.

My little cousin got sentenced to 10 years on a plea deal. They wanted to give him 15. He was just an accessory to the crime.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Did that all happen in FLA? The state GOES IN on defendants from out of state.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Drastik Da God wrote:Did that all happen in FLA? The state GOES IN on defendants from out of state.
Yeah. Both are Florida residents. Born and raised.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/210075-thisis50-a ... -episode-1

pretty funny cartoon from 50 on Ross

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... Uu"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... MebSu5Z0Uu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

50's interviews in the past 4 years > his music.

This one and the one where he starts going off about how he's going to rewrite the 48 Laws of Power are pretty much classic status. LOL at throwing it a sideways diss to Lil Wayne at the beginning.

service

Post by service »

Hustleuffagus wrote:http://www.kyte.tv/ch/210075-thisis50-a ... -episode-1

pretty funny cartoon from 50 on Ross

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... Uu"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... MebSu5Z0Uu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>
WHAT?! :lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drastik Da God wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:

yeah... too bad Rick Ross doesn't rap ONE FUCKING LINE about being "the biggest corrupt C.O. that you heard thus far".

getting on wax and lying = wackness. period. case closed, corrupt judge or not.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Drastik Da God wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:

yeah... too bad Rick Ross doesn't rap ONE FUCKING LINE about being "the biggest corrupt C.O. that you heard thus far".

getting on wax and lying = wackness. period. case closed, corrupt judge or not.
You do understand you're a faggot, right?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

That song blastmaster posted was ridiculous, especially the beat. I guess I need to check out some recent Rick Ross, because dude is light years better than when he came out.