Gloss: Blu, seriously?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Do you like Blu?

Hell no. He looks and sounds like a fruit.
28%
Yes! Gloss is right the dude is dope.
72%

Total votes: 81

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

In revisiting this, Exile KILLED this production. Damn. Not to derail thread, but what else was Exile doing at this time? Now?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:In revisiting this, Exile KILLED this production. Damn. Not to derail thread, but what else was Exile doing at this time? Now?
Exile has been around for mad years with Aloe Blacc as Emanon and his 2006 album Dirty Science album was great, Blu is great, not all of the shit he does is dope, but isn't that the same with every artist?, Exile has beats on the next Blame One album Days Chasing Days.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Jaz wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:In revisiting this, Exile KILLED this production. Damn. Not to derail thread, but what else was Exile doing at this time? Now?
Exile has been around for mad years with Aloe Blacc as Emanon and his 2006 album Dirty Science album was great, Blu is great, not all of the shit he does is dope, but isn't that the same with every artist?, Exile has beats on the next Blame One album Days Chasing Days.
Blame One>>>>Blu , heads don't know

Dap

Post by Dap »

The first time I heard BTH, I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was anything special. After seeing blu get hyped up on net for the months following, I went back to the album and realized how great it really was. Blu may not have the best flow or delivery, but it's good enough for me considering his writing is great imo.

Not sure if this has been posted before but here's Blu's verse that got left of GZA's last album since the track turned into a 50 cent diss:

http://www.divshare.com/download/6804364-a55

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Seduce wrote:If I had to guess, most people that hate Blu either are or were rappers with aspiring careers, and are jealous at the success hes getting.
i thnk you may be offending the thread starter with this one. watch out now...... :megaman:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Post by Thun »

ardamus wrote:
Seduce wrote:If I had to guess, most people that hate Blu either are or were rappers with aspiring careers, and are jealous at the success hes getting.
i thnk you may be offending the thread starter with this one. watch out now...... :megaman:
Not at all. It's a stupid fucking assumption for certain and not applicable here, but it's not worth getting offended over.

marinville

Post by marinville »

blu sucks, budden sucks, and that kid cudi shit really sucks.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Seduce wrote:
Im not just dismissing it as jealousy, but I honestly cannot understand how people cant get into Blu unless they are just rejecting it out of bitterness, or are seeking weaknesses in him.
So the concept of people having an opinion on music that differs from yours just eludes you entirely?

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

straight up, that's why i dismissed/disliked him for so long. now i realize my haterish ways.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

intuition wrote:

straight up, that's why i dismissed/disliked him for so long. now i realize my haterish ways.
:lol:

i don't have the energy to care to dl his whole album after listening to the shit gloss posted. he's a snoozefest to me. most harmless rappers suck
Nets 2022

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Reason wrote:
intuition wrote:

i don't have the energy to care to dl his whole album after listening to the shit gloss posted. he's a snoozefest to me. most harmless rappers suck
:rofl: I'm convinced you're apart of Thun's goon squad. Remember "A Christmas Story?" You're like Scott Farakas's evil midget potna.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Philaflava wrote:
Reason wrote:
intuition wrote:

:rofl: I'm convinced you're apart of Thun's goon squad. Remember "A Christmas Story?" You're like Scott Farakas's evil midget potna.
:roll: because i agree with him on this matter? you know we just spent a thread disagreeing over jay-z right?

the funny thing is you would stfu and not post that if i just agreed with YOUR ass, so this is dumb. if you're going to perpetuate an ittthhhiikkkle diss, at least make it a hot song
Nets 2022

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

overall blu sounds like talib on nyquil to me, which isnt a good look.
still though, he managed to hold his own and impress me on a couple of songs.
overall i'd say he's wack but has very short, quick, bursts of greatness.

Dap

Post by Dap »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:overall blu sounds like talib on nyquil to me, which isnt a good look.
:rofl:

Talib is by far WAY MORE BORING than Blu. Not to mention his delivery is unbearable at times.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Reason wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Reason wrote:
intuition wrote:

:roll: because i agree with him on this matter? you know we just spent a thread disagreeing over jay-z right?

the funny thing is you would stfu and not post that if i just agreed with YOUR ass, so this is dumb. if you're going to perpetuate an ittthhhiikkkle diss, at least make it a hot song
honestly i don't care you agree with him, i'm just somehow trying to bait icesickle to joining this thread. fun times.

Lid

Post by Lid »

Dap wrote:
Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:overall blu sounds like talib on nyquil to me, which isnt a good look.
:rofl:

Talib is by far WAY MORE BORING than Blu. Not to mention his delivery is unbearable at times.

yeh, kwili is suprme boring mc
marinville wrote:budden sucks, and that kid cudi shit really sucks.
WINNAR! only reason anyone should like that one gay kudi song is because of the beat, and its a damn 'gay' euro house remix.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

i actually find blu to be much more boring than talib.
i'd be happy if blu sounded like talib on the black star album

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

This album is pretty cool in a spastic Jbeez Wit The Remedy ADD rap style. Don't know how much that has to do with Blu's involvement because he's otherwise been responsible for the most tepid and lifeless hip hop music ever put to tape.

Voss

Post by Voss »

Maaaan Blu is dope.
Those who don't care for him: y'all hear the Johnson & Jonson album with Mainframe on production? Different sound than BTH, and Blu raps differently, has more fun with it.

What exactly do y'all find so boring/wack about dude?
I think he's pretty undeniably nice, and it seems most the forum does too.
Dude is making the right moves and his productivity is great.

Is it his voice or the fact that dude's lyrics ain't about trappin', being lyrically lyrical or Five Percenters?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I don't think he's great, but he's not bad either.

Below The Heavens is an enjoyable album.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:i actually find blu to be much more boring than talib.
Basically.

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

Thun wrote:
Seduce wrote:
Im not just dismissing it as jealousy, but I honestly cannot understand how people cant get into Blu unless they are just rejecting it out of bitterness, or are seeking weaknesses in him.
So the concept of people having an opinion on music that differs from yours just eludes you entirely?
Do I need to gather all of your anti-Joe Budden posts and post them here as a response to this? Or is this where you say you understand how people like Joe Budden and Blu, but dont personally like them yourself.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Seduce wrote:
Thun wrote:
Seduce wrote:
Do I need to gather all of your anti-Joe Budden posts and post them here as a response to this? Or is this where you say you understand how people like Joe Budden and Blu, but dont personally like them yourself.

:ignore:

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

its funny the people hating on blu are all either herbs and or wack rappers.. I ain't sayin he's reinventing the wheel, but his voice and flow alone make em worth listening to on most tracks..

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

multsanta wrote:Image

This album is pretty cool in a spastic Jbeez Wit The Remedy ADD rap style.

backhanded compliment.

B'Tol

Post by B'Tol »

Thun wrote:
Seduce wrote:
:larry:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Thun wrote:He's headed the way of Craig Mack and good riddance.

uncalled for

leave Coffeecake Mack alone
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mansfield Status wrote:its funny the people hating on blu are all either herbs and or wack rappers.. I ain't sayin he's reinventing the wheel, but his voice and flow alone make em worth listening to on most tracks..
You're a fat douchebag.

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

blu's dope...
bunch of close-minded arrogant bastards around here

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

If you can't rock with Below The Heavens I don't really know what to say