Nas & Pete Rock together again (just news)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Nas & Pete Rock together again (just news)

Post by Shup Diddy »

source= http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archi ... 50748.aspx
allhiphop.com wrote:By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur
Hip-Hop lovers can rejoice: Nas and producer Pete Rock are working on music again.

Together Nas and Pete Rock orchestrated some of the most meaningful, prolific music to in the 90's when they collaborated on Nas' seminal album Illmatic, which was released 15 years ago this year.

"The World Is Yours" was an inspirational beacon to Hip-Hop fans during the period. Pete explained how things came to fruition. "I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it," Pete Rock told AllHipHop.com. "I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him."

The pair havenג€™t work together since Illmatic, even though they had great success as a team.

To this day, Pete Rock says he doesn't know why he and Nas didn't continue to collaborate in any fashion since the popularity of Illmatic.

He's not necessarily looking for answers either.

"I think it was a lot of situations [that caused the break off], but you know, but right now, I don't give a damn. That was the past. You know, I always wanted to get down to the bottom of it, to see what the problem was," Pete said. "Whatever it was, I know it was a lie. I always asked that question like ג€˜Why isn't he working with me,ג€™ג€ Pete said. "Other than that, I'm just happy that he reached out. Watch out. The beats are coming crazy."

Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo" and his own solo material.

The New York-based producer has also relaunched his label Soul Brother Recordings and will be releasing new artists in the future.

Small Pro

Post by Small Pro »

*remembers nas/primo lp

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

if it's half as good as 'The World Is Yours', I will be a happy camper.

if they make another song that good, I will disappear for a while. i'll be listening to it a million times :cookiecookie:

it seems Nas worked with everyone but Pete Rock since Illmatic. Guess they got over the Chocolate Boy Wonder making :jayz: superugly time with Gnozzear's daughter's dimepiece mama... or so they say

peace to Carmen Bryan, still.

up with the classic hip hop, eff the malarkey
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

good to hear they reconciled.....

step one

Post by step one »

Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo"
thats a PR beat?!
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

illmas

Post by illmas »

Pete Rock and Nas is a sick combination. better than Nas and Primo

step one

Post by step one »

illmas wrote:Pete Rock and Nas is a sick combination. better than Nas and Primo
based on PR's one track for him vs the several Primo's done you cant really make that comparison can you.

anyway, even if Pete comes up with a beat for Nas thats better than TROY and Shut Em Down rmx combined it'll prob end up on a mixtape while Nas goes with some DJ Toomp for his album.

mud

Post by mud »

Exactly, the beat to "N.I.G.G.E.R" was fucking great.
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

HipHoppin wrote:
step one wrote:
illmas wrote:Pete Rock and Nas is a sick combination. better than Nas and Primo
based on PR's one track for him vs the several Primo's done you cant really make that comparison can you.

anyway, even if Pete comes up with a beat for Nas thats better than TROY and Shut Em Down rmx combined it'll prob end up on a mixtape while Nas goes with some DJ Toomp for his album.
aint nothin wrong w/ a dj toomp beat
troof. Trap Musik was my shit because Toomp kept lacing T.I.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

You guys are rampant with homosexuality.

Let me get this straight. You don't mind Nas rhyming over Toomp beats, when he could be getting beats from Pete Rock. This doesn't compute in my brain.

:naswtf: :thebest:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Pete Rock is for faggots.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Thun wrote:Pete Rock is for faggots.
Thun you don't like Pete Rock?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Random Sample wrote:
In 2009?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Thun wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
In 2009?
any year

21Grams

Post by 21Grams »

Random Sample wrote:You guys are rampant with homosexuality.

Let me get this straight. You don't mind Nas rhyming over Toomp beats, when he could be getting beats from Pete Rock. This doesn't compute in my brain.

I'd like to think I can speak for everyone. I see Step's point about Nas's better shit not making the albums but Toomp was a bad examle. If he said Salam Remi who is way mediocre and hit or miss at best, his statement would be all true. Toomp is dope and Pete is dope. maybe not equals but in they're different styles, they both put it down.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Random Sample wrote:
Thun wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
In 2009?
any year
Sure. Definitely don't give a fuck about him in 2009.

step one

Post by step one »

21Grams wrote:

I'd like to think I can speak for everyone. I see Step's point about Nas's better shit not making the albums but Toomp was a bad examle. If he said Salam Remi who is way mediocre and hit or miss at best, his statement would be all true. Toomp is dope and Pete is dope. maybe not equals but in they're different styles, they both put it down.
I wasnt dissing Toomp. The point i was making is that Nas doesnt pick beats that suit him or producers that his core fan base want him to work with.

Salaam Remi isnt the best prodcuer out but 'Made You Look' and 'Thiefs Theme' were both by him and they're two of Nas' better tracks from this decade.

21Grams

Post by 21Grams »

step one wrote:
21Grams wrote:

I wasnt dissing Toomp. The point i was making is that Nas doesnt pick beats that suit him or producers that his core fan base want him to work with.

Salaam Remi isnt the best prodcuer out but 'Made You Look' and 'Thiefs Theme' were both by him and they're two of Nas' better tracks from this decade.
guess I misunderstood but I think the points could be made that the beats that make his album are garbage. and Remi doing the best Nas songs in a while isn't saying much.

btw, a nas-large pro collab would be better than a premo one. he needs to handle that.

illmas

Post by illmas »

Random Sample wrote:
BLASPHEMY

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Thun wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
Thun wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
In 2009?
any year
Sure. Definitely don't give a fuck about him in 2009.
Thun smokes crack

ELBC

Post by ELBC »

Pete Rock, Premo whatever. We never gonna hear another Illmatic, kind of sad if you think about it. Where is the new Nas???? I don

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

step one wrote:
Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo"
thats a PR beat?!
I thought the same exact thing. I almost vomited a little in my mouth because I was so disappointed to find that out. I don't even like that beat very much. WTF Pete Rock?!? Get back on your game!!!!!
indeed