Mos Def better than Jay-Z

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

I've never listened to anything by Jay Electronica because I always assumed he was of the Charles Hamilton/Kid Cudi/Asher Roth/fruity blog rapper mold. Mistake, huh?

step one

Post by step one »

Tired & Broke wrote:why wouldnt Jay grab Weezy, son got lines for days....
that are written by other people and still not really that good.
Plus Wayne would get absoloutely slewed in the first round - people got way too much ammo on him what with him being a midget junkie faggot etc
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Req

Post by Req »

Combo7 wrote:I've never listened to anything by Jay Electronica because I always assumed he was of the Charles Hamilton/Kid Cudi/Asher Roth/fruity blog rapper mold. Mistake, huh?
monumental

Electronica got plenty skills
F.U. MOOLAH

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

jay electronica is the shit.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Thread is very strange because people are taking this seriously. I put my money on whoever Ted Dibease backs.

This thread made me google Survivor series, which led me to these awesome posters:

ImageImage

ImageImage

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Req wrote:
Combo7 wrote:I've never listened to anything by Jay Electronica because I always assumed he was of the Charles Hamilton/Kid Cudi/Asher Roth/fruity blog rapper mold. Mistake, huh?
monumental

Does he have whole bodies of work I can listen to (mixtapes, albums) or is his whole catalogue more or less scattered across YouTube?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Combo7 wrote:
Req wrote:
monumental

Does he have whole bodies of work I can listen to (mixtapes, albums) or is his whole catalogue more or less scattered across YouTube?
here's some YouTube shit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtkyVX7JYTE&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dtkyVX7JYTE&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

but he's had threads of his music in here if you look around
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Combo7 wrote:
Req wrote:
monumental

Style Wars EP

http://www.zshare.net/download/58978741a131de56/#

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Thank you gentlemen.

starks

Post by starks »

REQUIRED LISTENING

Exhibit A (Transformations) (Produced by Just Blaze)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/61548814751ec7c6/

Departure/Are You Watching Closely?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/615490571e919cc5/

not sure if this is any good
WHAT THE FUCK IS A JAY ELECTRONICA

fan compilation. put together by the gayest blog on the intrawebs.

http://www.zshare.net/download/1106613810442414/

01 Jay Electronica - Spark Em Up (Intro)
02 Jay Electronica - Renaissance Man
03 Jay Electronica - My World (Nas Salute)
04 Jay Electronica - Extra Extra
05 Jay Electronica - Abaracadabra
06 Jay Electronica - Uzi Weighs A Ton
07 Jay Electronica - A Prayer For Michael Vick and T.I. (We Love You Family)
08 Jay Electronica - Dimethyltriptamine
09 Jay Electronica - Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)
10 Jay Electronica - Bitches And Drugs
11 Jay Electronica - Trolley Stop
12 Jay Electronica x Mr. Porter - Hard To Get
13 Jay Electronica - Girlfriend
14 Jay Electronica - Be Easy
15 Jay Electronica - Dealing
16 Jay Electronica x Guilty Simpson x Mr. Porter - Get Em
17 Jay Electronica - Victory Is In My Clutches
18 Jay Electronica - Somethin To Hold On To
19 Jay Electronica - I Feel Good
20 Jay Electronica - So What You Sayin
21 Jay Electronica Ft. Lil Flip - Walk With It
22 Jay Electronica - Katrina The Levees Broke

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

Cant wait for Jay Electronica to release an LP. Got skills for days.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I wish Mos Def posted here
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

Yo Jay-Z's a fag, but I will say this. Jigga has nuthin to gain and everything to lose by agreeing to go with Mos' battle plan. Those with the knowledge know that jay-z ain't the greatest ever or even the greatest alive. However, the majority out there that just don't know any better think he's the greatest shit ever. And let's face it, he has been one of the ones to kinda own the game on a mass appeal for awhile now -- commercially, of course. That can be attributed to the man's undoubtedly savvy biz skills.

And if he agrees to doing this then he'll risk losing all of that. Look, Jay knows the majority of the world thinks he's the greatest and the only thing he has to gain by doing this is the respect and acknowledgment from the few that know better. And what makes any of us think he even gives a shit about gaining that? He's livin and has been livin comfortably on the top of the food chain.

Great idea by Mos but shit just ain't gonna happen. One can always wish though, i guess. But if in fact Jay's team will include KRS1, Saigon, BDK, and Andre 3000 whereas Mos' team inlcudes Nas, Electronica, Doom, and Black Thought, I think Jay and his team will win. Electronica and Doom are poor choices for this imo. They're more of an acquired taste and not really battle mc's. Neither is Nas. Give him a pen and pad and put him in the studio then Nas will come up w/ some heat, but he can't battle. So what Mos essentially has is black thought and himself against Jay who's done his fair share of battles during his come up years, KRS1 who we all know can battle, Saigon who's a beast w/ an intimidating stage presence, BDK who's another battler not to mention is considered one of the best to ever do it, and Andre 3000 who although I think is the weakest link in their squad, could be a usable role player.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

See what happened. You guys pretended to take this serious and now all these terrible new posters pop up talking about battle plans, food chains, and intimidating stage presence.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i love the new posters who approach it like they are schooling everyone here on rap.

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

Brougham33 wrote:Thread is very strange because people are taking this seriously. I put my money on whoever Ted Dibease backs.

This thread made me google Survivor series, which led me to these awesome posters:

ImageImage

ImageImage
el-p should be undertaker next halloween

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Brougham33 wrote:See what happened. You guys pretended to take this serious and now all these terrible new posters pop up talking about battle plans, food chains, and intimidating stage presence.
:rofl:

i'd wanna hear DOOM battle. he'd have some good punchlines for whomever.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

haha the one with luger tatanka and the stiners is the best
hahaha luger killed ms elizabeth with drugs, i forgot about that haha

wheels

Post by wheels »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:Yo Jay-Z's a fag, but I will say this. Jigga has nuthin to gain and everything to lose by agreeing to go with Mos' battle plan. Those with the knowledge know that jay-z ain't the greatest ever or even the greatest alive. However, the majority out there that just don't know any better think he's the greatest shit ever. And let's face it, he has been one of the ones to kinda own the game on a mass appeal for awhile now -- commercially, of course. That can be attributed to the man's undoubtedly savvy biz skills.

And if he agrees to doing this then he'll risk losing all of that. Look, Jay knows the majority of the world thinks he's the greatest and the only thing he has to gain by doing this is the respect and acknowledgment from the few that know better. And what makes any of us think he even gives a shit about gaining that? He's livin and has been livin comfortably on the top of the food chain.

Great idea by Mos but shit just ain't gonna happen. One can always wish though, i guess. But if in fact Jay's team will include KRS1, Saigon, BDK, and Andre 3000 whereas Mos' team inlcudes Nas, Electronica, Doom, and Black Thought, I think Jay and his team will win. Electronica and Doom are poor choices for this imo. They're more of an acquired taste and not really battle mc's. Neither is Nas. Give him a pen and pad and put him in the studio then Nas will come up w/ some heat, but he can't battle. So what Mos essentially has is black thought and himself against Jay who's done his fair share of battles during his come up years, KRS1 who we all know can battle, Saigon who's a beast w/ an intimidating stage presence, BDK who's another battler not to mention is considered one of the best to ever do it, and Andre 3000 who although I think is the weakest link in their squad, could be a usable role player.
Your thoughts and opinions are relevant to my interests. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

wheels wrote:
Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:Yo Jay-Z's a fag, but I will say this. Jigga has nuthin to gain and everything to lose by agreeing to go with Mos' battle plan. Those with the knowledge know that jay-z ain't the greatest ever or even the greatest alive. However, the majority out there that just don't know any better think he's the greatest shit ever. And let's face it, he has been one of the ones to kinda own the game on a mass appeal for awhile now -- commercially, of course. That can be attributed to the man's undoubtedly savvy biz skills.

Your thoughts and opinions are relevant to my interests. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
:rofl:

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

senorhaha wrote:hahaha luger killed ms elizabeth with drugs, i forgot about that haha
not funny @ all. fuck faggot ass luger.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Not funny at all. TOO SOON to any Miss Elizabeth jokes....pretty much forever.

Summerslam 88. We'll never forget the bonerz.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

wheels wrote:

don't have a blog of my own yet though i thought about it. Not enough time at the moment to do it. I'll let you know if i do though

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

ALASKA wrote:i love the new posters who approach it like they are schooling everyone here on rap.
:rofl: at dude pretending to own this joint cause he has 7000 posts and who pretends to know someone else's intentions through reading words on a message board. OP posted a topic, i watched the video, spoke my piece on it. Wasn't trying to "school" anyone, but if you took it that way then I'm sorry for you man. Life must be hard coming across people who just happen to speak their opinion on something and you think they're tryin to school you. :rofl:

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

That's all good dat triflin ass dude but don't act like your opinion is gospel. That's sort of what you're doing here.

Peace and BLESSINGs

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:
wheels wrote:Your thoughts and opinions are relevant to my interests. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
don't have a blog of my own yet though i thought about it. Not enough time at the moment to do it. I'll let you know if i do though
Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote: pretends to know someone else's intentions through reading words on a message board.
:spidey:

Dap

Post by Dap »

starks wrote:REQUIRED LISTENING

Exhibit A (Transformations) (Produced by Just Blaze)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/61548814751ec7c6/

Departure/Are You Watching Closely?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/615490571e919cc5/

not sure if this is any good
WHAT THE FUCK IS A JAY ELECTRONICA

fan compilation. put together by the gayest blog on the intrawebs.

http://www.zshare.net/download/1106613810442414/

01 Jay Electronica - Spark Em Up (Intro)
02 Jay Electronica - Renaissance Man
03 Jay Electronica - My World (Nas Salute)
04 Jay Electronica - Extra Extra
05 Jay Electronica - Abaracadabra
06 Jay Electronica - Uzi Weighs A Ton
07 Jay Electronica - A Prayer For Michael Vick and T.I. (We Love You Family)
08 Jay Electronica - Dimethyltriptamine
09 Jay Electronica - Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)
10 Jay Electronica - Bitches And Drugs
11 Jay Electronica - Trolley Stop
12 Jay Electronica x Mr. Porter - Hard To Get
13 Jay Electronica - Girlfriend
14 Jay Electronica - Be Easy
15 Jay Electronica - Dealing
16 Jay Electronica x Guilty Simpson x Mr. Porter - Get Em
17 Jay Electronica - Victory Is In My Clutches
18 Jay Electronica - Somethin To Hold On To
19 Jay Electronica - I Feel Good
20 Jay Electronica - So What You Sayin
21 Jay Electronica Ft. Lil Flip - Walk With It
22 Jay Electronica - Katrina The Levees Broke
that compilation is very good, it pretty much puts his best work together

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

ALASKA wrote:i love the new posters who approach it like they are schooling everyone here on rap.
:rofl: at dude pretending to own this joint cause he has 7000 posts and who pretends to know someone else's intentions through reading words on a message board. OP posted a topic, i watched the video, spoke my piece on it. Wasn't trying to "school" anyone, but if you took it that way then I'm sorry for you man. Life must be hard coming across people who just happen to speak their opinion on something and you think they're tryin to school you. :rofl:
Mostly you came across like a blowhard. Maybe when you get up around 7000 posts you will understand that pretty much everyone here comes here because people are educated on hip hop been around it for 15-20 years and post here because people talk about it with a sense of humor and the understanding that its just music. That blowhard shit is played and we come here to escape it.

Employer

Post by Employer »

hold up... miss elizabeth died???

oh mannn... wikipedia just made it official for me. 2003, even. how the fuck did i miss this.

fuck me. terrible news. i was having fun laughing at the trifling guys post and then this.

well r.i.p. miss elizabeth. when i was 12 you were the jackie-O of my white trash universe.
Last edited by Employer on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

ALASKA wrote:
Mostly you came across like a blowhard. Maybe when you get up around 7000 posts you will understand that pretty much everyone here comes here because people are educated on hip hop been around it for 15-20 years and post here because people talk about it with a sense of humor and the understanding that its just music. That blowhard shit is played and we come here to escape it.
aight i feel u. But like i said that wasn't my intention. And I understand that on a message board it's hard to get the tone of a poster's words or take it a different way then was intended. I said my piece on the topic to get a discussion on it, maybe like some other poster replying that i'm wrong b/c mos' team will win b/c such and such blah blah, but if peepz don't wanna discuss too heavily about it, then it is what it is. It's all good