I'm glad MC Hammer played out that corn MC Serch

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

any revisionist "hammer was great" asshole should be forced to listen to his discography every day for a week.

"what, he made moar monee than you evar will" fuck off.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
the brow wrote:
Philaflava wrote:At one point, Hammer was the most connected man in the rap game.
What do you mean by this exactly? I'm not debating it, just curious.
Pretty much what Thun said. He had the greatest cover-up because he was a darling pop sensation and yet he had the coldest killers on his payroll. Nobody talked shit about Hammer, especially about his "mama."

Not sure if the search function would work but I know I've posted about the stories Davey D and I shared regarding Hammer. The amount of money he made after the U Can't Touch This shit was in-fucking-sane.
He wasn't J. Prince or Master P, but yeah, he had connections.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

In the 80's, early 90's Hammer was the one. Prince was the man in Texas, but Hammer had shit in several states.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:In the 80's, early 90's Hammer was the one. Prince was the man in Texas, but Hammer had shit in several states.
LOL oh no, J.Prince is far more connected than anyone in rap. By far. J.Prince makes Suge Knight in his prime look like Paul Barman. Prince is on a different level. Master P is probably only one somewhat comparable.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Davey D: Let me go back to some of the more recent things that people have found you to be in the headlines for. One of the most prominent things was your decision to go on to Death Row. Tell us about your experience there, what has happened with Death Row.. And are you still with Death Row?

MC Hammer: Well, #1 my decision to be a part of the Death Row family came about because Suge Knight and I have a relationship that goes back all the way back to about 1987-88....Suge called me asked me would I like to join the family...
You don't think they met up for tea and krimpets do you?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
Davey D: Let me go back to some of the more recent things that people have found you to be in the headlines for. One of the most prominent things was your decision to go on to Death Row. Tell us about your experience there, what has happened with Death Row.. And are you still with Death Row?

MC Hammer: Well, #1 my decision to be a part of the Death Row family came about because Suge Knight and I have a relationship that goes back all the way back to about 1987-88....Suge called me asked me would I like to join the family...
You don't think they met up for tea and krimpets do you?
I understand that, and Suge Knight is nobody in comparison to J. Prince. I don't think you're comprehending what I'm saying. It's J. Prince, and nobody else is close. That nigga damn near had Master P banned from 3 states after that Pimp C incident.

"Only thing I'm afraid of is God and J. Prince" - Scarface

J. Prince had Al Gore step in to stop a DEA investigation against him. AL GORE.
For the past two days I have attended Congressional hearings on the Drug Enforcement Agency's (DEA) Investigation of Rap-A-Lot Records. While the hearings were called by Republican members of the House Committee on Government in an effort to provide evidence or to imply through innuendo that Rep. Maxine Waters and even Vice-President Al Gore intervened to slow or end a DEA investigation of James Prince, the head of Rap-A-Lot records, some of the most striking information revealed in the hearings was the extent to which the federal government had placed federal informants in not just Rap-A-Lot Records but throughout Houston's 5th Ward section.

The federal government, with the help of the Houston Police Department, infiltrated Houston's Fifth ward in a manner that can only be classified as military in nature. For at least 8 years, the DEA and Houston Police Department worked aggressively to form an intelligence network that would result in the conviction of James Prince and the shutting down of Rap-A-Lot records. It was also revealed in the hearings that the DEA has over 300 DEA agents in Houston alone and when combined with the Houston Police Department task force currently has over 400 people working the city in the "War on Drugs" effort.

Depending upon whose testimony you rely upon the DEA investigation of Rap-A Lot records began in early 1992 and possibly 1988 when two large cocaine busts were made. The DEA claims that since that time 20 arrests were made in connection with the investigation, with convictions ranging from drug use and sales to murder.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

J Prince got shooters everywhere

Hammer had some bloods in LA on the payroll
UBM CD COMING SOON

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:J Prince got shooters everywhere

Hammer had some bloods in LA on the payroll
Niggas don't understand, J. Prince is damn near Made Man status.

Suge Knight, Baby, Jimmy Henchmen etc...are all little kids in comparison. J. Prince runs the whole damn south, nearly, and other places too.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Look, whoever has the biggest pimp hand doesn't matter to me. Can we at least admit Hammer was nobody to be fucked with? I think Chump Change got some Prince stories.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:Look, whoever has the biggest pimp hand doesn't matter to me. Can we at least admit Hammer was nobody to be fucked with? I think Chump Change got some Prince stories.
I know, it's not a big deal, just making making a point about J. Prince. Cause Suge always had the name recognition, but is a nobody in comparison, just to give people an understanding the level Prince is at.

Hammer, had so much paper, he definitely isn't someone to war with if your paper isn't right, that's for sure. And we can all agree, we wish Hammer gave the OK on MC Serch.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Yeah I knew Suge wasn't anything close to J Prince. But I don't know if i can co-sign this.
Magneto wrote: And we can all agree, we wish Hammer gave the OK on MC Serch.
Illmatic, bro!

And guys like Hustle Crowe would be pissed as hell cause that would mean no Non Phixion either.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:Yeah I knew Suge wasn't anything close to J Prince. But I don't know if i can co-sign this.
Illmatic, bro!

And guys like Hustle Crowe would be pissed as hell cause that would mean no Non Phixion either.
Illmatic was happening with or without MC Serch. That kinda talent was gonna shine through. Plus, Large Professor did a lot of the leg work.

step one

Post by step one »

That nigga damn near had Master P banned from 3 states after that Pimp C incident.
what happened?

I want Magento to start a blog breaking down all these stories/events/urban myths etc
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

step one wrote:
That nigga damn near had Master P banned from 3 states after that Pimp C incident.
what happened?

I want Magento to start a blog breaking down all these stories/events/urban myths etc
co-signed. isn't it about time for another "magneto tells hella insider stories about rap/crime shit" threads? i'm pretty sure it is.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Grandslam Magazine: so from having that outlook on things, did you ever come face to face with either hammer or vanilla ice?

Serch: the closest i came to hammer was when he put the hit out on us.

GS: that really did happen then?

Serch: oh yeah, that really happened. ג€œreally happenedג€ is like the biggest understatement, it was beyond really happened. that **** is like as real as breathing air! ok, hereג€™s the whole thingג€¦so we diss hammer, and hammer wasnג€™t really pissed about ג€œgas face,ג€ he was really pissed about ג€œcactus,ג€ when pete said ג€œthe cactus turned hammerג€™s mother out.ג€ he took it as a straight diss to his mom, and we werenג€™t dissing his mom. we were putting a play on words with ג€œturn this mother outג€ and the cactus turned this mother out--we turned him out, weג€™re just hotter. ok, he took it as a diss to his mom. so we get on a plane at that time, and weג€™re on our way to LA, and iג€™m with my then girl, now wife, chantelle, and peteג€™s with his girl roxanne, and daddy rich is with his girl, and weג€™re just like ג€œoh my god, weג€™re going to cali, this is amazing.ג€ so weג€™re on the plane, and i got this whole story obviously from later in life, but this is how it went downג€¦louis burrell--hammerג€™s brother--calls rush and talks to carmen ashhurst watson, who was the president of def jam at the time. and he says to her ג€œis 3rd bass really coming to LA?ג€ and carmen says ג€œyeahג€ and louis says ג€œgood THEYג€™RE DEAD!ג€ and hung up the phone.so they basically had to figure out who was involved in what, and where, and how.

GS: and youג€™re on the plane oblivious to all of this?

Serch: yep. so they basically got five hours to clear this up before we land. they put a $60,000 hit out with one of the biggest gangs in LA, for any member who got to us, and could prove it--a huge amount of money. they contact mike conception, who at the time was doing that record ג€œweג€™re all in the same gangג€, and hammer had gotten mikeג€™s help. so russell simmons manages to get a hold of mike and says ג€œlisten, this canג€™t go down, how do we stop this?ג€ and he says ג€œitג€™s too late now, we canג€™t stop itג€ and russell is like ג€œno, no, iג€™ll do anything.ג€ so, mike finally says ג€œlisten, i want to go to the american music awards, and i want to sit next to michael jackson, and then we wonג€™t kill them, weג€™ll just break their legs, but youג€™ll still be able to film them on tv from the waist up.ג€ this was his reasoning! russell says ג€œno, you canג€™t shoot them at all,ג€ and finally thatג€™s the deal that they made. so russell calls donnie inner and tommy motola and he explains the situation, and if you check the seating plan for the american music awards from 1990ג€¦.michael jackson next to mike conception. we get off the plane and weג€™re like ג€œthis is cali!ג€ weג€™re amped, and the second we get off the plane, the guy that wound up being our security for four years--uncle mel--grabs us and is like ג€œget in the van!!!!ג€ and is pushing us together with about 5 other bodyguards. now weג€™re thinking that weג€™re the beatles, weג€™re like ג€œyo, they must be stopping fans from ripping our clothes off, weג€™re out of control!ג€ when we get in the van, weג€™re noticing strange things, like the windows are plexi glass, thereג€™s no way to open the doors, thereג€™s no handles. weג€™re thinking that weג€™re HUGE! we get in the van and weג€™re told that we have a whole floor booked at the hyatt and that we canג€™t have any guests, and weג€™re like ג€œwhoa!ג€ג€¦we still donג€™t get it.

we get to the hotel, and as we get to the hotelג€¦at the hotel iג€™m confronted by rakim, and im like ג€œoh my god, rakim word upג€ and heג€™s like ג€œyo dogs, whyג€™d you diss me?ג€ and im like ג€œWHAT?ג€ and he says ג€œyou dissed me in your record ג€œsteppin to the a.m.ג€ and im like ג€œwhat are you talking about?ג€ and he said ג€œyou knew that we were suing MCA and you said the line ג€œyou just a sucker seeking a settlementג€¦ג€ and i said ג€œno dog, the line is ג€œyouג€™re just a stuntג€¦seeking a settlementג€ i was talking about hoes. dog, i would never diss you, youג€™re my favorite emcee of all time!ג€ all of a sudden, this car comes by, and these bangers start coming out of it, throwing up gang signs, and uncle mel grabs me and im like ג€œdonג€™t drag me away from my fansג€ and heג€™s like ג€œwhat, are you stupid?ג€ and then for the first time he explained the hit out on us. you know what? the whole LA thingג€¦i didnג€™t get it. i didnג€™t realize how deep it was, and i didnג€™t get it. im like ג€œthis is nonsense.ג€ then, all of a sudden, this skinny dude comes in there, jheri curl dripping, and skinny as a rail, scarred up, just pure tats and scars, and uncle mel goes ג€œare you pookie?ג€ and asks for i.d. and believe me, at this point, guns are drawn on this kid. he shows i.d. that heג€™s pookie, and itג€™s cool. me and pete are like ג€œyo, whatג€™s the deal?ג€ mel tells me that this kid is going to be our liaison and heג€™s going to stay with us. pookie was a high lieutenant in one of these gangs, like second in command, and he had to roll with us the WHOLE time we were in LA.

im now thinking that this is b.s., and just say that i want to go to the mall to take my girl shopping. mel says no, but pookie is cool as long as heג€™s with us. i go in the van for my first time to the beverly center, and im walking around like im the king of LA. im still saying that the whole thing is just some b.s. and pookie is like ג€œoh, itג€™s b.s.? ok, do me a favor, and go stand over there and take that elevator, you go and meet some fans thenג€ iג€™m like **** it, alright. so i go, and thereג€™s a couple of girls like ג€œoh my god, itג€™s mc serch.ג€ but then, all of a sudden, im looking left and right, and im seeing all these dudes, and im like ג€œoh ok, dudes are coming over too, itג€™s all goodג€ next thing i know, they all got bandanas pulled over their faces, and then they start to pull out right there in the mall. then i hear this whistle, loud as hell, and i see pookie, and heג€™s throwing up crazy signs and shouting ג€œITג€™S ALL GOOD, ITג€™S OVERג€ then the bandanas come off and the guns put down, and these same guys start talking like ג€œyo, we really like your records homes. word upג€ but meג€¦im literally shook white, and only then did it hit me that it was real. it was really REALLY real. so this definitely put a dampener on our trip to cali!
:rofl:

http://board.rapmusic.com/7317420-post13.html

machine

Post by machine »

step one wrote:
what happened?

Yeah please elaborate on this one. He got tied up in Master P's hotel room?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

J. Prince even did a "friendly cease and desist" with 3-6 Mafia and Prophet Posse back in 98' when they were dissing Tela and after that record nothing else was said. J.Prince had bootleggers of any Rap-A-Lot album whacked immediately, shut down guns in the face......all of that. So yeah pretty much what you hear about J Prince is very true.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

ehhh.....nevermind..

pen

Post by pen »

oh and j. prince loves drake.

take that.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

step one wrote:
what happened?

Pimp C said in a song about Master P not paying him.

Master P didn't take kindly to this, so he had Pimp C kidnapped, and tied up in a Hotel Room.

Of course, J Prince found out, Master P got scared shitless, and there was a "known" ban on Master P from certain areas for a while after that incident.

There are plenty of stories, though. Like how Big Mike burned down the Rap-A-Lot offices lol.
MVRemix: What really happened that night Master P had Pimp C beat up in that hotel room?

Bun B: It's kind of hard to say because I wasn't really there. Yeah, you'd probably have to ask Pimp C or Master P about that.

MVRemix: Do you know what it was over?

Bun B: [Nonchalantly] People don't get along all the time. That's the way the world works sometimes, everybody's not meant to get along. You know? Sometimes these things get bigger than... These things happen.
http://www.mvremix.com/urban/interviews/bunb-ugk.shtml

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

J. Prince runs this rap shit and niggas don't recognize that.....
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

J-Serious

Post by J-Serious »

who cares! Get a real job.

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

now i wana hear about how big mike burned down the offices haha
big mike is something serious

step one

Post by step one »

remember that thread a while back about ways to end Charles Hamilton's career?
maybe we just start a rumour that he dissed J Prince (and Hammer).

why did Big Mike burn the place up and was there any come back?
was he tryin to 'Smoke em and choke em' ? (sorry)
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

senorhaha wrote:now i wana hear about how big mike burned down the offices haha
He wasn't getting paid from RAPALOT, so he Molotov cocktailed one of the Rap A Lot studios lol. Big Mike started doing sherm and was out of it for a minute. But that nigga is a real G. He was what he rapped about.

boogie shoes

Post by boogie shoes »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Yeah I knew Suge wasn't anything close to J Prince. But I don't know if i can co-sign this.
Illmatic, bro!

Illmatic was happening with or without MC Serch. That kinda talent was gonna shine through. Plus, Large Professor did a lot of the leg work.
No kidding Search was lucky to apart of what Nas was doing not the other way around.

While we are talking about Rappers who live it like they talk it.How about Just Ice sticking up people on the London tube and showing up on Americas Most Wanted.

Verge

Post by Verge »

step one wrote:remember that thread a while back about ways to end Charles Hamilton's career?
The latest I heard about that fag is that he hasn't been on Twitter in 3 weeks,
his album never dropped, and he may possibly have been dropped from Interscope.
:cheers:
I don't wish bad shit on anybody, but that kid didn't deserve the attention he was getting.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Magneto wrote:
senorhaha wrote:now i wana hear about how big mike burned down the offices haha
He wasn't getting paid from RAPALOT, so he Molotov cocktailed one of the Rap A Lot studios lol. Big Mike started doing sherm and was out of it for a minute. But that nigga is a real G. He was what he rapped about.
and he's a third degree black belt also.....no joke.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

odium-LSC wrote:
step one wrote:
what happened?

co-signed. isn't it about time for another "magneto tells hella insider stories about rap/crime shit" threads? i'm pretty sure it is.
co-sizzler. BTW that MC Serch story about the hit Hammer had out is still awesome.

Verge

Post by Verge »

odium-LSC wrote:
step one wrote:
what happened?

You know what, on some real live shit - Magneto, you really should do
that. I mean, I'm an older head and I don't know nearly half the stories
you do on real rap beefs. You can make it an angle on Steadybloggin' or
something like that. Like once a week, break down a crazy rap related
beef story. That would be really ill and appreciated.
:cheers: cause I's drunk..