General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Balzac wrote:on a side note it looks like the actual album has leaked

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:This group and their fans are the embodiment of all that is wrong with rap, white people, and America.

aren't you a white rapper? and last time I checked the owner of the label that you're on fucks with Ill Bill.

it's funny how elitist Phila Flava posters act, like the world of music doesn't exist outside of these forums.
now to seriously address this.

is that seriously your response. because im a white rapper and my boy knows bill i should just accept some two bit copy of music from 15 years ago as the fresh shit? you live in providence and you have a fishermans beard by that logic you should work at the gortons fish stick factory. if you like them you like them, bully for you. I personally think that whole style is tired as fuck.

they dont suck because they are white or because of their gimmick. they suck because they are still doing the same people were doing better 15 years ago. there is no evolution, there is nothing new or fresh. its like they are basically tracing. the reason hip hop is in a shitty place is because 95% of the artists are making music that was done 15 years ago, and not adding any new wrinkles, shit they are barely adding new lines. and it goes across all genres. for every clipse, there are 99 rappers badly copying illmatic or the infamous. for every doom there are 99 rappers making bad versions of natural elements. for every slug and el there are 1000 rappers making bad versions of overcast or funcrusher.

remember tapes? when you got like 4 or 5 generations away from the original source material the quality started to suck....well thats what we have here, a tape that is about 10 generations away from the original. so the quality sucks.

Here we go, back to the " your from Providence", I am from Providence, great, You're from New York City, what do you think your OPINION holds more weight or you're some kind of tough guy? Ive been to New York City numerous times, apparently you've never been here and probably don't give a fuck about coming here which I understand completely and even if you have been here it was probably to one of the college areas or whatever. My point being it doesn't matter where you're from. And I love my beard, you jelly?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Im not trying to defend LCN but you sound very salty.

I know alot of people who think Atmosphere suck, but they respect their hustle and I think the same should be said for LCN. Their about to drop their FIRST album and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were wack. And yo this rap shit is a hustle, LCN have created a strong hustle which is why they're on tour in Europe and on Rock The Bells and Alaska is sitting at a desk hating. Oh and as for the subject matter, Alot of it may not be anything new but it's new in the way it's done, especially in todays rap game, We need more hardcore in your fuckin face artists, Especially ones who can make alot of noise and open the doors up and I think having the co-sign of B Real, Bun B and Snoop Dogg is a good start.

How many rappers rap about the hood, selling drugs, fuckin bitches , money etc etc but don't recieve even close the hate that LCN is getting from Philaflava? Maybe some of yall should get on your grind and maybe you'll be on tour and have legions of fans. Your boys are doin it Alaska, why aren't you? I can't even believe you responded to this, you're suppose to be a professional rapper. I know if i was in your position I wouldn't give two fucks about a message board, Hoping to get there soon.

Everything Balzac has been saying is on point. And Random Sample is on point to, They get a ton of love from NYHC and hardcore cats because of their DMS affiliation.

I think people need to stop with all of the " wigger" bullshit and just listen to the music like you would a black rapper or anyone else. Gloss get over it bro, not every white kid is suburban bred american eagle softbatch. Aren't you from Philly? There's no specific way a white person or black person should act and if you think that you are one of the most ignorant people ive ever known. Is Tiger Woods an uncle tom because he isn't on some " yo nigga let's go fuck some ho's and drank a 40 afta da Mastaz" ?

It's so funny and ironic how uptight whites are so quick to call other whites " wiggers" .... ive never seen anything quite like it.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:This group and their fans are the embodiment of all that is wrong with rap, white people, and America.

aren't you a white rapper? and last time I checked the owner of the label that you're on fucks with Ill Bill.

it's funny how elitist Phila Flava posters act, like the world of music doesn't exist outside of these forums.

is that seriously your response. because im a white rapper and my boy knows bill i should just accept some two bit copy of music from 15 years ago as the fresh shit? you live in providence and you have a fishermans beard by that logic you should work at the gortons fish stick factory. if you like them you like them, bully for you. I personally think that whole style is tired as fuck.

they dont suck because they are white or because of their gimmick. they suck because they are still doing the same people were doing better 15 years ago. there is no evolution, there is nothing new or fresh. its like they are basically tracing. the reason hip hop is in a shitty place is because 95% of the artists are making music that was done 15 years ago, and not adding any new wrinkles, shit they are barely adding new lines. and it goes across all genres. for every clipse, there are 99 rappers badly copying illmatic or the infamous. for every doom there are 99 rappers making bad versions of natural elements. for every slug and el there are 1000 rappers making bad versions of overcast or funcrusher.

remember tapes? when you got like 4 or 5 generations away from the original source material the quality started to suck....well thats what we have here, a tape that is about 10 generations away from the original. so the quality sucks.

Here we go, back to the " your from Providence", I am from Providence, great, You're from New York City, what do you think your OPINION holds more weight or you're some kind of tough guy? Ive been to New York City numerous times, apparently you've never been here and probably don't give a fuck about coming here which I understand completely and even if you have been here it was probably to one of the college areas or whatever. My point being it doesn't matter where you're from. And I love my beard, you jelly?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Im not trying to defend LCN but you sound very salty.

I know alot of people who think Atmosphere suck, but they respect their hustle and I think the same should be said for LCN. Their about to drop their FIRST album and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were wack. And yo this rap shit is a hustle, LCN have created a strong hustle which is why they're on tour in Europe and on Rock The Bells and Alaska is sitting at a desk hating. Oh and as for the subject matter, Alot of it may not be anything new but it's new in the way it's done, especially in todays rap game, We need more hardcore in your fuckin face artists, Especially ones who can make alot of noise and open the doors up and I think having the co-sign of B Real, Bun B and Snoop Dogg is a good start.

How many rappers rap about the hood, selling drugs, fuckin bitches , money etc etc but don't recieve even close the hate that LCN is getting from Philaflava? Maybe some of yall should get on your grind and maybe you'll be on tour and have legions of fans. Your boys are doin it Alaska, why aren't you? I can't even believe you responded to this, you're suppose to be a professional rapper. I know if i was in your position I wouldn't give two fucks about a message board, Hoping to get there soon.

Everything Balzac has been saying is on point. And Random Sample is on point to, They get a ton of love from NYHC and hardcore cats because of their DMS affiliation.

I think people need to stop with all of the " wigger" bullshit and just listen to the music like you would a black rapper or anyone else. Gloss get over it bro, not every white kid is suburban bred american eagle softbatch. Aren't you from Philly? There's no specific way a white person or black person should act and if you think that you are one of the most ignorant people ive ever known. Is Tiger Woods an uncle tom because he isn't on some " yo nigga let's go fuck some ho's and drank a 40 afta da Mastaz" ?

It's so funny and ironic how uptight whites are so quick to call other whites " wiggers" .... ive never seen anything quite like it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You kind of missed the fuckin' point there buddy.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

my point wasnt that you are from providence, so you are this or that my point was that your point about me being white and being friends with people who are friends with bill so i should say i dont like it is like me saying that. i could give a fuck where someone if from. It wasnt some tough guy shit. Im from originally from westchester county, and moved to nyc. so i am the last person that would say you are from here so you have to be this. again that wasnt my point.

also i dont care that they are white. Im not a fan of anyone making that style of music. its been explored and mined for all its worth, and its tired. I was joking when i said they were the embodiment of all thats wrong with white people. as any white person knows jews are the embodiment of all thats wrong with white people. However i do think it is the embodiment of the problem with rap music. The shit is tired. there are too many people following the same shit thats been done for years. that topic is decimated. find some new shit to talk about. find some new sounding beats. thats my point.

people are free to like it, im not saying they cant, shit people are free to like the jonas brothers too, but that freedom doesnt give you the freedom from being judged and called out for bad taste. we do it everyday here and everywhere else. i know there is shit that i like that others dont, and i dont get worked up over it i accept it and go on my way. i think people get worked up over shit like this because deeep down inside they know its weak, and they have to defend it. just like born again christians have to defend god, because they know they dont really believe like they think they should.

ps. I think your beard is magical and yes i am jealous. i also think you are a good rapper that gets shit on unfairly because of exactly what you were saying. Im just saying thats not what im saying, i dont like them because they are tired, not cause they are white.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

LCN already has a built in fanbase, you EL-P dingleberry.

That post is both an example of why you are a gigantic faggazoid and will forever fail at rap and most anything you do in life.

Your life = Image

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were wack. And yo this rap shit is a hustle, LCN have created a strong hustle which is why they're on tour in Europe and on Rock The Bells and Alaska is sitting at a desk hating.
I missed this on my first read through, well i stopped reading before i got there.

as for the rap is a hustle. way to be cliche.

as for them being on tour in europe and rock the bells etc. Ive already done that and Im not questioning their work ethic, im questioning their art.

I think you should save any barbs about anyones career until you get beyond opening for people in your home town.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:and already theres gangs of kids with LCN tatts who would punch you in the face if you said they were wack. And yo this rap shit is a hustle, LCN have created a strong hustle which is why they're on tour in Europe and on Rock The Bells and Alaska is sitting at a desk hating.
I missed this on my first read through, well i stopped reading before i got there.

as for the rap is a hustle. way to be cliche.

as for them being on tour in europe and rock the bells etc. Ive already done that and Im not questioning their work ethic, im questioning their art.

I think you should save any barbs about anyones career until you get beyond opening for people in your home town.
LOL @ HustleCrowe lecturing anyone alive about anything. The kids who compete in the Special Olympics have more hustle than this Rhode Island wig sauce manufacturer.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

HC kinda missed the point and missed the jokes. Alaska is right, it has nothing to do with your residency. This is all a matter of personal taste and on this board more people feel like this isn't for them. Also, HC is a dope rapper with the fundamentals down. I've said this before and have defended him in the past. That video he made last year was bananas but he gets too caught up in nonsense, opinions and cliches.

Lastly I think we need to jack this for our own emoticon

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

my point wasnt that you are from providence, so you are this or that my point was that your point about me being white and being friends with people who are friends with bill so i should say i dont like it is like me saying that. i could give a fuck where someone if from. It wasnt some tough guy shit. Im from originally from westchester county, and moved to nyc. so i am the last person that would say you are from here so you have to be this. again that wasnt my point.

also i dont care that they are white. Im not a fan of anyone making that style of music. its been explored and mined for all its worth, and its tired. I was joking when i said they were the embodiment of all thats wrong with white people. as any white person knows jews are the embodiment of all thats wrong with white people. However i do think it is the embodiment of the problem with rap music. The shit is tired. there are too many people following the same shit thats been done for years. that topic is decimated. find some new shit to talk about. find some new sounding beats. thats my point.

people are free to like it, im not saying they cant, shit people are free to like the jonas brothers too, but that freedom doesnt give you the freedom from being judged and called out for bad taste. we do it everyday here and everywhere else. i know there is shit that i like that others dont, and i dont get worked up over it i accept it and go on my way. i think people get worked up over shit like this because deeep down inside they know its weak, and they have to defend it. just like born again christians have to defend god, because they know they dont really believe like they think they should.

ps. I think your beard is magical and yes i am jealous. i also think you are a good rapper that gets shit on unfairly because of exactly what you were saying. Im just saying thats not what im saying, i dont like them because they are tired, not cause they are white.

i respect what you said here, you should have just phrased it like that from jump street.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Philaflava wrote:HC kinda missed the point and missed the jokes. Alaska is right, it has nothing to do with your residency. This is all a matter of personal taste and on this board more people feel like this isn't for them. Also, HC is a dope rapper with the fundamentals down. I've said this before and have defended him in the past. That video he made last year was bananas but he gets too caught up in nonsense, opinions and cliches.

Lastly I think we need to jack this for our own emoticon

fair enough

i guess every now & than I get wrapped up into message board hype.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

HustleCrowe wrote: i respect what you said here, you should have just phrased it like that from jump street.
No one on earth talks like this. I just had to point that out.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the brow

Post by the brow »

Self-conscious burb whites talk like that.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

i respect what you said here, you should have just phrased it like that from jump street.
How is what i said here different from what i said here:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

because i put the caveat of this being my opinion over this being law? do i really need to say that?

admiral

Post by admiral »

"Your honor, my client was not guilty from jump street"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It's equivalent to Serch saying "hip hop 2 da death" on Benneton.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Getting into a fist fight because you disparaged La Coka Nostra is the gayest thing I've ever heard

Thun

Post by Thun »

Mods?

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

fyi gorton's factory is in gloucester, ma. get your fuckin facts straight bro before you go shooting off at the mouth.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Julius Seizure wrote:fyi gorton's factory is in gloucester, ma. get your fuckin facts straight bro before you go shooting off at the mouth.
SHAME

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

LOL @ some no career having dork saying it's corny to make rap music under the 15 year old blueprint. I think it's even cornier to try and "push the boundaries" of rap with bad, tinny production, out of breath overweight white men trying to be extra artsy. Get the fuck outta here. In your mind you seem cooler than everyone else, but everyone else is just looking at you like a nerd that acts like a 'too-cool-for-school' snob as if you were putting down other "Halo 3" players for their "n00b" rank. Hilarity.

the brow

Post by the brow »

Anything overweight white people do is corny, regardless of whether it's pushing boundaries or pushing coke rap to juggalos in Oklahoma.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

thread is in desperate need of a juggalo funeral

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

rapgame wrote:you were putting down other "Halo 3" players for their "n00b" rank. Hilarity.
so you heard my last record then. :owens:

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

I don't even really know who you are, thus the 'no career having dork' jab. I just know you're associated with Jux, whether it's on this board or from music, not clear. Just making a statement in general about that whole movement. If you make music and it falls in that category, so be it, I was talking to you too.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Seems like somebody should mentioned that everything Alaska said about how trite and cliche LCN's music basically applies to everything I've heard from Hustle himself. The last mixtape he put out here was just filled with competent, but boring as all fuck drug raps (none of which referenced his mom jacking his stash).

FuhqUrDayUp

Post by FuhqUrDayUp »

Dids wrote:Seems like somebody should mentioned that everything Alaska said about how trite and cliche LCN's music basically applies to everything I've heard from Hustle himself. The last mixtape he put out here was just filled with competent, but boring as all fuck drug raps (none of which referenced his mom jacking his stash).
nothing you could ever say about rap will ever be relevant you fat faggot.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

FuhqUrDayUp wrote:
Dids wrote:Seems like somebody should mentioned that everything Alaska said about how trite and cliche LCN's music basically applies to everything I've heard from Hustle himself. The last mixtape he put out here was just filled with competent, but boring as all fuck drug raps (none of which referenced his mom jacking his stash).
dids being the house wigga

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

rapgame wrote:I don't even really know who you are, thus the 'no career having dork' jab. I just know you're associated with Jux, whether it's on this board or from music, not clear. Just making a statement in general about that whole movement. If you make music and it falls in that category, so be it, I was talking to you too.
Oh indeed. Know what's really gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are under 15. Know what's totally gay? Naming yourself rapgame if you are over 15.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

FuhqUrDayUp wrote:
dids isn't fat