Killer Mike Commits Career/Industry Suicide

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Killer Mike Commits Career/Industry Suicide

Post by Employee »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nxAF6h60eI&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nxAF6h60eI&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rooski

Post by rooski »

If you really bout intelligence you really know he's right.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

No media player on the blackberry :fail: wtf did he do?

rooski

Post by rooski »

He gave Obama a "C".

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

chump change wrote:No media player on the blackberry :fail: wtf did he do?
he said that obama deserves a c grade as president so far. that he needs to support the interests of the black community, that he should lower income taxes for the poor and that legalizing marijuana would be a step in the right direction

sajr

Post by sajr »

ackbar wrote:
chump change wrote:No media player on the blackberry :fail: wtf did he do?
he said that obama deserves a c grade as president so far. that he needs to support the interests of the black community, that he should lower income taxes for the poor and that legalizing marijuana would be a step in the right direction
I'd agree with him to be honest

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

i got some new found respect for the man.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Anybody who is disappointed in Obama should get a C grade for paying attention to what he was saying during the primaries.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

the marijuana issue is a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

lowering income taxes for the impoverished is a noble idea but no way will sales taxes alone solve that problem. if education & societal improvement are the ultimate goal.. the scrutiny should be focused on how those existing tax dollars are being spent. education & social programs are things the government needs to improve upon. giving the most desperate and least educated an extra $5-10K per year is not going to significantly improve the quality of life for the children in need. more likely that money will trickle down to liquor stores, flat screen tvs, crack dealers, rim companies & the doritos corporation.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Our government has too many checks and balances to push through all the legistlation any President wants.

The stimulus was a retarded idea by both parties.

The appointments have been good for the most part.

The rhetoric has been nice.

People of all colors feel good about themselves.

But there have been no really significant results on health care, Iraq, or the economy. He's getting some funding for education, which is good.

I give Obama a B so far.

Change that to an A or C depending on how those aforementioned issues pan out.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

lol @ thread title
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Obama also lifted the ban on stem cell research. That's major.

I'm all for criticizing our leaders, but it's somewhat disheartening that Mike's main reason for giving him a C was that "he didn't do what he promised to do" and when asked "Such as..." he complains that marijuana is still illegal, an issue that I don't recall Obama EVER saying he was going to make a priority.

I can agree somewhat with Mike by the end of the video, but really, what did he expect? It's been about nine months and Obama has lived up to some of his bigger promises.
Last edited by battlecatmeowstab212 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

vokal612

Post by vokal612 »

ackbar wrote:the marijuana issue is a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.
more likely that money will trickle down to liquor stores, flat screen tvs, crack dealers, rim companies & the doritos corporation.
real talk

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Money Gripp wrote:Our government has too many checks and balances to push through all the legistlation any President wants.

The stimulus was a retarded idea by both parties.

The appointments have been good for the most part.

The rhetoric has been nice.

People of all colors feel good about themselves.

But there have been no really significant results on health care, Iraq, or the economy. He's getting some funding for education, which is good.

I give Obama a B so far.

Change that to an A or C depending on how those aforementioned issues pan out.
very true, the banks pretty much run the country right now, not the president

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

god damn you employee.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

vokal612 wrote:
more likely that money will trickle down to liquor stores, flat screen tvs, crack dealers, rim companies & the doritos corporation.
real talk
:omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist:

TANF Benefits, aka In-king funds for those in poverty have been proven time and time again to be the most effective safety net measure in lifting families, and keeping them, out of poverty.

This whole idea of a "welfare queen" was played out in the 1960's.

sneed

Post by sneed »

he's got other things to worry about besides legalizing weed.

In due time.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
vokal612 wrote:
real talk

TANF Benefits, aka In-king funds for those in poverty have been proven time and time again to be the most effective safety net measure in lifting families, and keeping them, out of poverty.

great.. but no one was talking about social assitance

the question was whether or not giving working class parents an extra $5-10K in cash would realistically improve education & increase opprotunities for the children

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

ackbar wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
vokal612 wrote:
real talk

the question was whether or not giving working class parents an extra $5-10K in cash would realistically improve education & increase opprotunities for the children
TANF Benefits IS giving people below the poverty line cash.

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

obamas the antichrist

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
ackbar wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
vokal612 wrote:
real talk

I am wondering if any of you are parents. As a parent If I knew that I could save even $5000, that would pay for sooo many things that my kid could use to live a better lifestyle.

That pays for new shoes, swimming classes, a new towel and bathing suit, a backpack, milk and cereal for healthier breakfasts, a nice toy for his B-Day, a couple of tickets at a local fair, some cotton candy, some markers and paper to draw, etc.

It's terrible that you gotta downgrade poor people and expect crack and liquor to be a part of the equation. Look, in every hood, there are good families that just happen to be there, but given the opportunity, maybe a 5 to 10 k opportunity, could live better, and better the community.

ok, off my soapbox and back into my tinfoil suit.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

snackbar wrote: more likely that money will trickle down to start up street wear companies, purveyors of ironic neon sunglasses, & the doritos corporation.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

LOL, Ice. The Stimackbar package.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

SonnyCookout

Post by SonnyCookout »

The democrats dropped the ball a bit on the health insurance reform attempt, but Obama has done some great things indeed. I give hime a "B"

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

obama should legalize weed.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

cenzi wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
ackbar wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
vokal612 wrote: real talk

I am wondering if any of you are parents. As a parent If I knew that I could save even $5000, that would pay for sooo many things that my kid could use to live a better lifestyle.

That pays for new shoes, swimming classes, a new towel and bathing suit, a backpack, milk and cereal for healthier breakfasts, a nice toy for his B-Day, a couple of tickets at a local fair, some cotton candy, some markers and paper to draw, etc.

It's terrible that you gotta downgrade poor people and expect crack and liquor to be a part of the equation. Look, in every hood, there are good families that just happen to be there, but given the opportunity, maybe a 5 to 10 k opportunity, could live better, and better the community.

you're probably a good parent tho..

it kind of goes without saying that free money is a good thing.. but income tax isn't exactly "free money" is it? my point is those funds should be used by the government to develop solutions to education issues.. not distributed amongst parents to spend as they see fit. leave the education up to the people & a lot of them aren't going to do the right thing. i'm not going out on a limb by suggesting that

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

ackbar wrote:
cenzi wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
ackbar wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote: :omgracist: :omgracist: :omgracist:

you're probably a good parent tho..

it kind of goes without saying that free money is a good thing.. but income tax isn't exactly "free money" is it? my point is those funds should be used by the government to develop solutions to education issues.. not distributed amongst parents to spend as they see fit. leave the education up to the people & a lot of them aren't going to do the right thing. i'm not going out on a limb by suggesting that
nono, you got it wrong.
fuck education AND those teachers. They will probably spend whatever excess funds they get on liquor stores, flat screen tvs, crack dealers, rim companies & the doritos corporation.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

cenzi wrote:That pays for new shoes, swimming classes, a new towel and bathing suit, a backpack, milk and cereal for healthier breakfasts, a nice toy for his B-Day, a couple of tickets at a local fair, some cotton candy, some markers and paper to draw, etc.

Are you seriously trying to defend spending other people's money to pay for this kind of shit? You've got to be kidding me.

ackbar is right. You might as well just set the shit on fire.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Combo7 wrote: spending other people's money
what? IF the gov't gives me a tax return, thats my OWN money... or are we arguing two different things?

Tan

Post by Tan »

a C is perfectly fine considering how he and his administration has handled health care, afghanistan, guantanamo. can't comment on the effects of the stimulus, but cash for clunkers did help the auto industry. never thought he would be great like some of the koolaid drinkers, but that he would be competent. he's been thoroughly mediocre so far, maybe he's this century's william mckinley or william howard taft?