Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

panty_inspector wrote:
but its cool because now ny got bekay, the brown bag allstars and folk&stress
And all of those are hardly decent..

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

panty_inspector wrote:vordul was one of the best during that whole time...super underrated spitter as well as wind who was super sick

but its cool because now ny got bekay, the brown bag allstars and folk&stress
wtf?

service

Post by service »

PopeyeJones wrote:
truthaddict wrote:When I first heard Cold Vein, Vast's voice stood out way more, but once they started putting out solo albums, Vordul's have way more replay value. The Revolution Of Yung Havoks has bangers front to back.
Dope handle, bro!

For survey purposes:

__ 16 years old

__ Euro

__ Canadian

__ fake Lloyd account

__ UGHH reject/Dozer cabana boy
:lol: :lol:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Blockhead wrote:
Vlad Analogue wrote:yah, vordul was the truth. I'm wondering if Kev Beecham has tape of the night Can Ox came through WNUR (I think Breeze Evahflowin' was making yet another appearance). I distinctly remember Vordul MURDERING his frees. He seriously blacked out. I will donate money to a Hatian charity for said audio.
i bet you he has it. go ask in the TROY forum. he drops jewels like that over there pretty regularly.
I got this one. I actually have upwards of 400 Time Travel tapes. :gyeah:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

PopeyeJones wrote:
truthaddict wrote:When I first heard Cold Vein, Vast's voice stood out way more, but once they started putting out solo albums, Vordul's have way more replay value. The Revolution Of Yung Havoks has bangers front to back.
Dope handle, bro!

For survey purposes:
__ 16 years old - older

__ Euro - no

__ Canadian - no

__ fake Lloyd account - no idea what this is.

__ UGHH reject/Dozer cabana boy < no idea what Dozer is.. As for UGHH, I have seen it but never posted there. I saw a whole Insane Clown Posse appreciation thread there once, and decided that shit's not for me.

Did I pass?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
Vlad Analogue wrote:yah, vordul was the truth. I'm wondering if Kev Beecham has tape of the night Can Ox came through WNUR (I think Breeze Evahflowin' was making yet another appearance). I distinctly remember Vordul MURDERING his frees. He seriously blacked out. I will donate money to a Hatian charity for said audio.
i bet you he has it. go ask in the TROY forum. he drops jewels like that over there pretty regularly.
well, then quit your :smugkid: ing and :upload:

:cheers:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Blockhead wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote: I got this one. I actually have upwards of 400 Time Travel tapes. :gyeah:
well, then quit your :smugkid: ing and :upload:

I'm sure that Kev will get around to doing it one of these days. For all I know, he already has it on his HD.

I was never much for Cannibal Ox. I hate to say it, but I only checked this thread because I thought there would be some comedy involved. I like Vordul, but I absolutely can not stand Vast Aire.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

LadyDeathStrizzy

Post by LadyDeathStrizzy »

yall making me want to listen to Cold Vein RIGHT NOW!
word to yo motha....

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Duke's voice is also the illy (nh).

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The verses are fucking sick. The beats are fucking not.

sneed

Post by sneed »

ALASKA wrote:i never understood it, his performance on vein dwarf's vast's. i think that vast made a bigger impact on first listen but that effect lessened with each new listen while vordul went the other way, you could miss it at first because vast's punchlines and shit but the more you listen the more you realize vordul did something really special.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

truthaddict wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Dope handle, bro!

For survey purposes:
__ 16 years old - older

__ Euro - no

__ Canadian - no

__ fake Lloyd account - no idea what this is.

__ UGHH reject/Dozer cabana boy < no idea what Dozer is.. As for UGHH, I have seen it but never posted there. I saw a whole Insane Clown Posse appreciation thread there once, and decided that shit's not for me.

Did I pass?
Lloyd had a principal and dated a pizza. I think it was a RZN pizza, but I don't remember. He also lied a lot.

Dozer is a fully sentient dids joke and will be throwing texas raised mikey down a flight of stairs in the next 20 minutes or so.

you're doing okay.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Haitian Jack wrote:wats the best ox song since cv? ak47? in tha mirror? life's ill pt2? cosmos? adamantium? they still sound good together i know that
"From The Planet of Eat"

Code: Select all

http://www.zshare.net/audio/724597130e99134b
When I first heard this, I got so damn excited thinking there was going to be another Cann Ox album, Vordul murders this.

Alaska or Blockhead, was there ever a full version of this track?

I Agree that Vordul is under rated and him and Vast were incredible together.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Employee wrote:Image

The verses are fucking sick. The beats are fucking not.
There are some hot beats on there though, some snoozers too. In The Hood is my shit though, one of V's best tracks.

Do cats generally prefer Revolution or Megagraphitti?
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

i gotta say tho that vast had the best of the solo albums..

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

AWAE wrote:i gotta say tho that vast had the best of the solo albums..

Half that album is unlistenable and represents everything that people who don't like CanOx assume all of their songs sound like. Even without hearing much of their solo output after their debuts, I have a hard time believe this album represents the best of anything.

The Sadat X and Doom songs are great though. The Madlib-produced title track would be too had it not been attached to two minutes of Vast ranting about how he doesn't like Esoteric. He also ruins one of the last great sample-era RJ beats with his anti-Eso tirade. The anti-El-P anti-producer MySpace rant was great insight as to why this album didn't work.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I'm going to set off a snowpocalypse but...
Jaz wrote: "From the Planet of Eat"

When I first heard this, I got so damn excited thinking there was going to be another Cann Ox album, Vordul murders this.

... was there ever a full version of this track?
Yes, there was. El-P played it as part of a 2/3 hour British Radio DJ-ing set in late-2005/early 2006 where he was debuting a lot of new material he was producing. It's the one where he debuted Mr. Lif's "Ultra Mega." No, I don't have a copy of this and only heard it streaming, but hopefully it warms hearts everywhere to know that it is indeed out there.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I'm going to set off a snowpocalypse but...
Jaz wrote: "From the Planet of Eat"

... was there ever a full version of this track?
Yes, there was. El-P played it as part of a 2/3 hour British Radio DJ-ing set in late-2005/early 2006 where he was debuting a lot of new material he was producing. It's the one where he debuted Mr. Lif's "Ultra Mega." No, I don't have a copy of this and only heard it streaming, but hopefully it warms hearts everywhere to know that it is indeed out there.
i remember that broadcast... he played an early version of tasmanian pain coaster but i don't recall the full can ox track..

self

Post by self »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
theres the freestyle with atoms and iskabibbles on the b-sides and blatant battle raps, i dont know if thats the same one, but i remember vordul "going in" as the kids say these days...

man i must say this thread takes me be back to a time in my life...

Vordul's verse on this is amazing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKvW7pM3APA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKvW7pM3APA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

For Vordul it hasn't really been a question to his spitting, it's more of his production and putting together a dope album. He can still spit..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZI2RPDQ3gQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZI2RPDQ3gQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Verge

Post by Verge »

Vordul's voice, presence, rugged flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vast's soft and
smug sounding, nerdy punchlines.
I never really got around to checking either one of their solos. One of my
boys rocked the solo Vast shit alot and he was into all that nerd stuff, so I
never even bothered.

I heard some of megagraffiti or whatever it's called and liked some of it. I'll
have to go back to that one. I'd love to hear vordul get down with a dope
producer and put together a bangin album.

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

Does anyone know why he dropped the mic?

Depression?

Is he still murdering things?
The Jizzer!!!

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

word to bird. i had the wool over my eyes when this first came out as far as loving vast more than vordul, but after a couple months of listening i caught myself paying WAY more attention to vordul. his shit is crazy dense.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Stepfather wrote:Does anyone know why he dropped the mic?

Depression?

I really have no interest in going into the details of Vordul's personal life but he has put out solo material and collaborations consistently since the Cold Vein. His last album was in 2008.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Verge wrote:Vordul's voice, presence, rugged flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vast's soft and
smug sounding, nerdy punchlines.
I never really got around to checking either one of their solos. One of my
boys rocked the solo Vast shit alot and he was into all that nerd stuff, so I
never even bothered.

I heard some of megagraffiti or whatever it's called and liked some of it. I'll
have to go back to that one. I'd love to hear vordul get down with a dope
producer and put together a bangin album.
I am very biased and the album is not flawless but I think Megagraphitti qualifies as a banger. And Revolution's BEST moments are perhaps even better. He also always sounded great with C-Rayz, "Street Reppin" was arguably the best song on YOTB. I really wish they had done an album together.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I named a whole project after something Vordul said cause it was so awesome.

"mind in another universe/ while my physical is stuck on the earth"

Vast has a voice that is more instantly impactful, but after a while, Vordul's meditative greatness is realized.

he is damn near always awesome and doing his own fucking thing like he doesn't give a fuck about the rest of hip hop. that is the most hip hop of all.

"inspire devil to leave... God's cipher alone"

his verse on 'Painkillers' is THAT REAL SHIT. Yung Havoks also is one of the most slept on albums of that year.

rap needs more Vordul
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

I would argue that Vordul's performance on Cold Vein is one of the all-time great rap performances over the course of an entire album. When I listen to that album almost every verse he spits still amazes me ten years later.

This takes nothing away from Vast, without whom the album would never have happened and who also was the superior live performer. Vast, at that time, really brought battle rap and the spoken word-style of delivery and wordplay together in a way that I had never heard before. He perfected how to use weighted pauses and wordplay-repetition in ways that Juelz Santana was a still a couple years from figuring out. And one of the key things was, back then, he made it seem effortless.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dear El-P aka Hopps on :phila:

Could you please provide the board with the full version of Cannibal Ox "From The Planet Of Eat"?...that would be greatly appreciated, love your work

Peace

P.S. Cold Vein was in the headphones as I typed this.

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
Stepfather wrote:Does anyone know why he dropped the mic?

Depression?

I really have no interest in going into the details of Vordul's personal life but he has put out solo material and collaborations consistently since the Cold Vein. His last album was in 2008.

Yeah I really shouldn't have brought it there...I have all his stuff I just wondered if anyone knew what was going on in 2010 for the man. I think his depression has been widely documented through Vast and DefJux interviews but yeah I shouldn't have brought it there.
The Jizzer!!!

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

if he took his time with the verses he would be much better. everything he spits is exactly the same. sometimes it's good, sometimes it's redundant excentric emorap.

pigeon smidgeon apocalyptic vision mission

mixed with stuff like

crazy hard being raised back in the days
waiting for the icecreamtruck, getting blazed

multis + regressive depression and weed-addiction
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB