Kanye West - Dark Twisted Fantasy

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Jaz wrote:Hey Poppabitch, did I have an ear for music when you were asking and thanking me for some compilations a few years back?
lol @ you being this petty.

I don't ever remember asking or thanking you for compilations. It could've happened but I doubt it because I don't really care about compilations all that much. I do ask for artists' albums and movies sometimes.

I could easily tear you a new asshole with some personal shit but why?
:lol: why are you having a cry?...you were the one that said to me that I didn't have a mind of my own and an ear for music...I merely pointed out that in the past, that you asked and thanked me for some of my compilations and I was asking you if I had an ear for music then?

Personal shit? yawn blah blah blah...I thought you were a grown Man?...I am off all medications (except for meds for my bad back) and I am good thanks for your concern Gregg.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

2011!!

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

My Two Cents is back, yo!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Moolah wrote:My Two Cents is back, yo!
Happy New Year La Mooh, this is all :lol: to me, I am laughing my ass off, Poppabitch is a liar and having a cry because I asked him a question and Thun has crossed over to the darkside...lol what else did I miss?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

i'm sorry, i'm having a cry.

lol what a tool.

and it's pretty obvious that you are not on medications anymore.

lol @ me asking for a compilation from jaz. I never have PMed jaz except to respond to some medication questions he's had in the past and today. I also never asked Jaz for anything because he'd never have anything that I wanted.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i'm sorry, i'm having a cry.

lol what a tool.

lol @ me asking for a compilation from jaz. I never have PMed jaz except to respond to some medication questions he's had in the past and today. I also never asked Jaz for anything because he'd never have anything that I wanted.
Feel better liar?
I'm not even a fan of compilations other then a couple exceptions. and if by chance, I did......so what? All it means is you had something that I'd like to get my hands on
do you remember something called MP3X liar?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. just put me on ignore please.

Gregg Popabitch

Jaz wrote:

lol what a tool.

Feel better liar?
I'm not even a fan of compilations other then a couple exceptions. and if by chance, I did......so what? All it means is you had something that I'd like to get my hands on

lol, now i definitely know you're a liar because i've never been a member of mp3x!!!!!!

ask blastmaster or gloss!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE. NOTHING TO SEE HERE BUT FITS OF JAZ'S INSANITY!!!!

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

:teehee:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Combo7 wrote:

One of the best albums of all time.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Jaz wrote:

lol what a tool.

Feel better liar?

lol, now i definitely know you're a liar because i've never been a member of mp3x!!!!!!

yes you have liar and it can be proved.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Kanye having those pictures on his blog is an exposure.

Gregg Popabitch

Jaz wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Jaz wrote:

lol what a tool.

Feel better liar?

yes you have liar and it can be proved.
be my guest.

Doc_Holliday

Post by Doc_Holliday »

Over/under on someone taking this a step too far and Jaz "quitting" the :phila: in a fit of rage?

Gregg Popabitch

HipHoppin wrote:can we photoshop the words "having a cry" on the :bork: or :jaz: emoticons haha
STFU HipPOPPIN

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I'm so glad that Jaz is actively posting again. Awesome.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Doc_Holliday wrote:Over/under on someone taking this a step too far and Jaz "quitting" the :phila: in a fit of rage?
:killacam:

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Combo7 wrote:

One of the best albums of all time.
One of the best posts of all time.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Kanye didn't even feel this was good enough to be a Black Friday track, but this is really dope nonetheless.

Kanye West - "Eyes Closed"

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://cdn.hulkshare.com/p/player.swf" height=24 width=290><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hulkshare.com/p/player.swf"><param name="FlashVars" value="soundFile=http://hulkshare.com/ap-04zilmoqk8wn&ti ... p3"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="menu" value="false"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></object>

http://hulkshare.com/04zilmoqk8wn

step one

Post by step one »

Icesickle wrote:Kanye didn't even feel this was good enough to be a Black Friday track, but this is really dope nonetheless.
Please tell us more about what Kanye feels.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Jaz wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Figured this would be a more appropriate venue than starting a new thread...

The filmmaker who got jacked by Kanye is the older brother of one of my best friends. He also made the 30for30 documentary on ESPN about the rise of rotisserie baseball.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/201 ... e_west.php
Did Kanye West Rip Off Dr. Dog For His "Monster" Video?

Just hours before New Year's Eve, an unfinished but largely coherent cut of the video for Kanye West's "Monster" leaked. It was...unsettling. West's use of the severed heads of dead women as props--and their lifeless bodies as vaguely sexual marionettes--in the clip was the apotheoses of a year's worth of model corpse photos (before now published as art for West's various G.O.O.D. Friday singles), and will do nothing to blunt the growing chorus of critics pointing out what an asshole misogynist West was in 2010. It's a charge to which we're sympathetic. But never in a million years did we imagine the "Monster" video as being anything but the original product of West and director Jake Nava's sick imagination. As it turns out, however, Kanye might not just be an extremely public model killer; he may well be a plagiarist, too. Of Philadelphia indie-rock band Dr. Dog, no less.

Witness the similarities between the "Monster" video and Dr. Dog's 2008 clip for "The Ark." Disembodied heads:

Stray body parts:

And a weird fixation on bodyless hands:

Conclusive proof? Absolutely not. But suspicious similarities? Sure--down to the muted color palette, even. And oh yeah--though it's since been deleted, Kanye definitely noticed the Dr. Dog video the first time around, posting stills from the clip on his blog:

West even highlighted the parts most similar to what ended up in the "Monster" video. Curious, we spoke with director Adam Kurland, the director of the original Dr. Dog video. Does he think West had ripped him off? "It could have been any number of things," he told us, noting the clip's "eerie similarity."

"It's at least a very odd coincidence," Kurland said. "It's great that Kanye looks to independent music and artists. His blog has had some amazing content over the years and if in fact Kanye did use this video as some form of inspiration, I'm flattered. But next time he should just reach out. I would love to work with him on something."

What do you think? Compare and contrast, right here:
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WL-J0uo7_Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3WL-J0uo7_Y&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

http://vimeo.com/1707379 (this is the Kurland/Dr. Dog video, sorry Vimeo wasn't embedding)

PEACE
ahhh there isn't an original bone in Kanye's body, he steals ideas, beats and samples so why is it a suprise that he ripped off a video?
talent borrows, genius STEALS OUTRIGHT :rofl:

nah but seriously, that's kinda wack sauce to get caught so out there jackin for ideas. that's blatant and it's too close to home. at least add a bit to the idea, hold two severed heads or dunk it like a basketball or something, don't just do the exact same shit the first guy did :bunk:

but its far from the first stolen idea homie has had. and people steal ideas from Kanye West often too, so... circle of life
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Moolah wrote:
Doc_Holliday wrote:Over/under on someone taking this a step too far and Jaz "quitting" the :phila: in a fit of rage?
:killacam:
Personal shit? yawn blah blah blah...I thought you were a grown Man?...I am off all medications (except for meds for my bad back) and I am good thanks for your concern Gregg.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Stop gaying up the thread, faggot.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Stop gaying up the thread, faggot.
who the fuck are you FAGGOT?, stop sucking Pop-Rap and Kanye's dick FAGGOT!!!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I'd tell you to eat a dick, but it looks like you are doing a good job of that already faggot! whoever you are...Kid That's Trifeless?...Kid That's Wifeless? haha you stupid faggot.

Kid That's Lifeless

Jaz wrote:I'd tell you to eat a dick, but it looks like you are doing a good job of that already faggot! whoever you are...Kid That's Trifeless?...Kid That's Wifeless? haha you stupid faggot.
Your creativity knows no bounds. Truly epic rhymes you got.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Jaz wrote:I'd tell you to eat a dick, but it looks like you are doing a good job of that already faggot! whoever you are...Kid That's Trifeless?...Kid That's Wifeless? haha you stupid faggot.
:lol: let's not forget who the mighty original one was that called me a faggot first?...who are you by the way?, I have been on PF since 2004 on and off and have never heard of you.

Kid That's Lifeless

Jaz wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
:lol: let's not forget who the mighty original one was that called me a faggot first?...who are you by the way?, I have been on PF since 2004 on and off and have never heard of you.
You haven't heard of me because I'm not a member of the borked out ghetto revivalist clan fighting the evils of commercial rapz.

Doc_Holliday

Post by Doc_Holliday »

I feel like I'm reading comments on a YouTube video coming from a 17 year old. No offense Jaz, but do you have to do this in every thread? I haven't heard Kanye's album, nor do I care to. I do, however, like perusing the forum without having to scroll through page after page of useless hating and ridiculous name-calling. You Gots To Chill

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Doc_Holliday wrote:I feel like I'm reading comments on a YouTube video coming from a 17 year old. No offense Jaz, but do you have to do this in every thread? I haven't heard Kanye's album, nor do I care to. I do, however, like perusing the forum without having to scroll through page after page of useless hating and ridiculous name-calling. You Gots To Chill
:lol: have you seen Gregg and Thun's comments or are you just putting the blame on me?