the dirtbag dan mixtape

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

KITFUNK wrote:Fuck outta here faggot. You have no argument.
Brilliant retort, bro!

DLG

Post by DLG »

Icesickle wrote:Fuck it. I'll make the claim that Waka is more than just entertaining and indeed has some "soul":

Prime example is this song.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J86GAN2zx10?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J86GAN2zx10?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"I'm in front of the jury like I'm guilty
Shorty tried me so I'll killed him off GP
Mom I'm sorry, I can't let you bury
Don't worry, Just commissary
And some letters and some phone time Momma
What's the Golden Rule?
Don't turn on my partners"

Much like John Singlenton did in the opening of "Baby Boy," dude correlates 'hood mentality and a state of arrested adolescence. He's talking to, and consoling, his mom about getting sent to prison on murder charges like a kid who just got sent home from school for fighting. The Golden Rule, one of the first ethical laws that children are often taught, is rewritten as a code of the streets.
are you parodying something or being serious?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I was being serious. I know that Waka hasn't been deemed to be "deep" by the cognoscenti, so any attempt to look at his work in a critical fashion should be scoffed at though. Chortle away.

Thun

Post by Thun »

KITFUNK wrote:Waka was simply an example. I can name other terrible rappers that ya'll will disagree with me on though if you prefer.

Also, if you think Waka is entertaining...kill yourself.
So this is a personal thing with you?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Icesickle wrote:I was being serious. I know that Waka hasn't been deemed to be "deep" by the cognoscenti, so any attempt to look at his work in a critical fashion should be scoffed at though. Chortle away.
there's was a decent amount of critical writing on his album going around though, mostly positive.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Thun wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:Waka was simply an example. I can name other terrible rappers that ya'll will disagree with me on though if you prefer.

Also, if you think Waka is entertaining...kill yourself.
So this is a personal thing with you?
Not at all.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Icesickle wrote:Fuck it. I'll make the claim that Waka is more than just entertaining and indeed has some "soul":

Prime example is this song.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J86GAN2zx10?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J86GAN2zx10?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"I'm in front of the jury like I'm guilty
Shorty tried me so I'll killed him off GP
Mom I'm sorry, I can't let you bury
Don't worry, Just commissary
And some letters and some phone time Momma
What's the Golden Rule?
Don't turn on my partners"

Much like John Singlenton did in the opening of "Baby Boy," dude correlates 'hood mentality and a state of arrested adolescence. He's talking to, and consoling, his mom about getting sent to prison on murder charges like a kid who just got sent home from school for fighting. The Golden Rule, one of the first ethical laws that children are often taught, is rewritten as a code of the streets.

LOL. Ithe....this might be your "Mona Lisa", bro. Haven't laughed like this on a Monday in a minute.
Life wrote:Occasionally I will give you a surprise boner.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

drizzle wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I was being serious. I know that Waka hasn't been deemed to be "deep" by the cognoscenti, so any attempt to look at his work in a critical fashion should be scoffed at though. Chortle away.
there's was a decent amount of critical writing on his album going around though, mostly positive.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can't be serious.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

i am, although most of it focused on the album as pure ignorant entertainment.

Thun

Post by Thun »

How is thinkig that Waka is acceptably entertaining differ from being a can of MOP, Celph Titled, Blaq Poet, or Big Shug. I keep asking this but I never get a coherent/unenraged answer.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:How is thinkig that Waka is acceptably entertaining differ from being a can of MOP, Celph Titled, Blaq Poet, or Big Shug. I keep asking this but I never get a coherent/unenraged answer.
Maybe it's the fact that G.O.B.B.'s (Guardians of the Boom Bap) like yourself have FOR YEARS rallied against and lampooned rap aimed at the hessbz12/naturallybornretarded365 demographic. That might have something to do with it.

I know, I know, you wrote a fucking editorial. Sweet.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

cause he wears house shoes instead of timbs yo

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Thun wrote:How is thinkig that Waka is acceptably entertaining differ from being a can of MOP, Celph Titled, Blaq Poet, or Big Shug. I keep asking this but I never get a coherent/unenraged answer.
MOP, Poet, Shug = Premo on beats

That's how.

I don't fuck with Celph, duke's corny. Can't justify anyone liking him.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Maybe it's the fact that G.O.B.B.'s (Guardians of the Boom Bap) like yourself have FOR YEARS rallied against and lampooned rap aimed at the hessbz12/naturallybornretarded365 demographic. That might have something to do with it.

I was looking for unenraged responses though. Take a stress tab.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:

No. You were looking for a string of intellectual blow jobs disguised as posts giving you accolades for embracing the Flockaveli Philosophy for seemingly no other reason than to be paid attention to by tweens.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Why don't you repost that deconstruction of a Gucci Mane song courtesy of Ianneed that you were splooging over for a good quarter of the year.

It's old, but you know where to find it, blood.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:

No. You were looking for a string of intellectual blow jobs disguised as posts giving you accolades for embracing the Flockaveli Philosophy for seemingly no other reason than to be paid attention to by tweens.
It's true. Tweens stay roaming rap blogs and I couldn't resist.

I'm concerned about your anger levels though. Relax, relate, release.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:

Go put on your Flockaveli Footisies and curl up next to the fire.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:Why don't you repost that deconstruction of a Gucci Mane song courtesy of Ianneed that you were splooging over for a good quarter of the year.

Oh true that would completely discredit me for claiming that Waka Flocka Flame is entertaining an you would be so right and not angry.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote: Maybe it's the fact that G.O.B.B.'s (Guardians of the Boom Bap) like yourself have FOR YEARS rallied against and lampooned rap aimed at the hessbz12/naturallybornretarded365 demographic. That might have something to do with it.

Go put on your Flockaveli Footisies and curl up next to the fire.
I would but I have too many adoring tween fans to entertain right now.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:Why don't you repost that deconstruction of a Gucci Mane song courtesy of Ianneed that you were splooging over for a good quarter of the year.

Oh true that would completely discredit me for claiming that Waka Flocka Flame is entertaining an you would be so right and not angry.
Yes, it thoroughly discredits your horse shit opinions on Wocka Flacka Flames and whoever else's dick is in your mouth that year. Do you still sleep with Doseone's Hemispheres and a retainer under your pillow?

Thunny Bono, are you projecting with your repeated mentions of "anger"? Too early to refill your prescription?
Thun's Life Anthem wrote:<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OC1psGZXZlw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OC1psGZXZlw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

I tried...but then my grammar wagon fell apart

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:

Yes, it thoroughly discredits your horse shit opinions on Wocka Flacka Flames and whoever else's dick is in your mouth that year. Do you still sleep with Doseone's Hemispheres and a retainer under your pillow?

Thunny Bono, are you projecting with your repeated mentions of "anger"? Too early to refill your prescription?
Oh shit you're right! I just checked and it totally does discredit my horse shit opinions! True! I was so full of undiagnosed projecting anger I couldn't see that but you've shown me the light.

There's one problem, though. You're still umad. Visibly. Why? Is it because you're walking on eggshells trying not to get banned again? That could send anyone over the edge.

Thun

Post by Thun »

mike eagle wrote:
Also you hadn't actually listened to the guy's music and your explanation was more a convoluted attempt to describe decades long trends than a response based on individual taste.

Do you really listen to Big Shug? Seriously?

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:

Oh shit you're right! I just checked and it totally does discredit my horse shit opinions! True! I was so full of undiagnosed projecting anger I couldn't see that but you've shown me the light.

There's one problem, though. You're still umad. Visibly. Why? Is it because you're walking on eggshells trying not to get banned again? That could send anyone over the edge.
LOL. You mean as opposed to running roughshod because I'm bipolar and never have to concern myself with being banned? Thunny Bono, potential used to be your friend. What happened? Are you now incapable of defending your own ideological cannon fodder because even you don't understand it?

How the mighty have plummeted......into a pit of penises autographed by the pure hands of Flockaveli.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:

LOL. You mean as opposed to running roughshod because I'm bipolar and never have to concern myself with being banned? Thunny Bono, potential used to be your friend. What happened? Are you now incapable of defending your own ideological cannon fodder because even you don't understand it?

How the mighty have plummeted......into a pit of penises autographed by the pure hands of Flockaveli.
LOL UMAD BRAH

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote: Oh true that would completely discredit me for claiming that Waka Flocka Flame is entertaining an you would be so right and not angry.

LOL UMAD BRAH
LOL UBIPOLAR BRAH

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Thun wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
Also you hadn't actually listened to the guy's music and your explanation was more a convoluted attempt to describe decades long trends than a response based on individual taste.

Do you really listen to Big Shug? Seriously?
Big Shug? i've heard like one or two of his songs...bout the same as the number of Waka's i've heard...so yeah...small sample size...i think it was black moon in our specific debate though...i still think there's a difference..what I learned that day is that I dont know how to say it right yet

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote: Yes, it thoroughly discredits your horse shit opinions on Wocka Flacka Flames and whoever else's dick is in your mouth that year. Do you still sleep with Doseone's Hemispheres and a retainer under your pillow?

LOL UMAD BRAH
LOL UBIPOLAR BRAH
That's actually true. I am a bipolar tween magnet. But what can we do about your impending nervous breakdown? I'm concerned, for real.

Employfree
Hammer

Post by Employfree »

Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employfree wrote:
Thun wrote: Oh shit you're right! I just checked and it totally does discredit my horse shit opinions! True! I was so full of undiagnosed projecting anger I couldn't see that but you've shown me the light.

LOL UMAD BRAH
LOL UBIPOLAR BRAH
That's actually true. I am a bipolar tween magnet. But what can we do about your impending nervous breakdown? I'm concerned, for real.
You should write an editorial on TROY. Breathtaking. I know it will be.