Okwerdz

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Wrist

Post by The Wrist »

sneed wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
sneed wrote:
The Wrist wrote: you know there was no chance of this happening.........i can't believe i'm even going here, but you EASILY coulda had your jaw broken that night...and being that i was hosting the show and am a responsible adult, i put the flames out....
jaw broken by who? please enlighten me. Certainly not Okwerdz that's for sure.

one of my boys who was with me was dyin to knock you out for some reason......whatever tension was between you and awk at the time he picked up on and was like word lemme deck him....as you know i was hosting the event and basically told him to chill, which i've done with him 100's of times......but if i hadn't god knows what he woulda done....i always try to discourage knucklehead shit when i can is my point.....so i don't know why you're talkin like some tough guy when you, me , okwerdz, and everyone know damn well you weren't going to kick anyone's ass....please cut the shit
Seth, I've backed down from more fights than I've been in in my life. I only fight when there's reason to. That night I gave Okwerdz the benefit of the doubt and let him have a chance to speak his peace. Glad you stopped it that night, but don't act like just bc your boy wanted to fight doesn't mean I'm a push over. It's all good though

not for nuthin...you woulda had no shot against this guy....at all....thats just the facts....

and i could tell by looking at you you're not the run out and pick a fight type...neither am i.....which is why i had to call you out on the "i shoulda kicked his ass" crock off shit that you said

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

what do event and remsa think about this controversy? :killacam:

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

The Wrist wrote:
sneed wrote:
The Wrist wrote:
sneed wrote:[quote="The Wrist"
not for nuthin...you woulda had no shot against this guy....at all....thats just the facts....
he's right, Lefty can take ya

For the record I have no stake in this argument, Okwerdz is like family to me, and Sneed is a stand up guy in my book, we've done business and he came through with no issues, problems, or anything of the sort

machine

Post by machine »

:bow:
this thread is better enjoyed with a snack, and accompanying pictures of ok in ninja poses, no homonial.
and :lol: at TM. thinkin the saaame shit.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mansfield Status wrote:Okwerdz is like family to me

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

yeah cause it's uncool to have close friends and family mannnn.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Mansfield Status wrote:yeah cause it's uncool to have close friends and family mannnn.

can't let this thread die...mansfield describe how and why you feel like you and okweezy are fam? Did he give you one of his kidneys? Do you share long AIM conversations describing the best places in California for dining out and buying hats? Do you give each other tips on facial hair growth and grooming?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

vanderslice sells beats to him, but ask him what he thinks of the final product. :killacam:

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Philaflava wrote:vanderslice sells beats to him, but ask him what he thinks of the final product. :killacam:
:copy:

ouch.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i knew this shit was going somewhere......damn :phila:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

mike eagle wrote:
Philaflava wrote:vanderslice sells beats to him, but ask him what he thinks of the final product. :killacam:
:copy:

ouch.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

trademark is on fucking fire in this amazing gem of a thread.

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Trademark wrote:
Mansfield Status wrote:yeah cause it's uncool to have close friends and family mannnn.

can't let this thread die...mansfield describe how and why you feel like you and okweezy are fam? Did he give you one of his kidneys? Do you share long AIM conversations describing the best places in California for dining out and buying hats? Do you give each other tips on facial hair growth and grooming?
:lol: :hooray:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Julius Seizure wrote:what do event and remsa think about this controversy? :killacam:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
seriously i dont know why this is so funny
but it is
:killacam:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

thekeentwo wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:what do event and remsa think about this controversy? :killacam:

seriously i dont know why this is so funny
but it is
:killacam:
Yeah, I rarely yearn for their opinions, but I'm pretty sure it would exponentially increase the LOL-factor in this thread if they still posted here.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

DUKE CLEARLY HAS A BURGEONING CAREER TO TEND TO.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Employee wrote:
Employee wrote:Image
:lol: at the metamorphosis.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Employee wrote:
Employee wrote:Image
:lol: at the metamorphosis.
SHITZ REEL LYFE 'N DUH BEURBBBZ!!!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okwerdz Bio

We are living in an era where it seems like everybody that you come across is an aspiring rapper. Many of the most talented rap artists often the lack the motivation and connections that more lackluster rhymers posses that will enable them to shine. However, combining both jaw-dropping artistry and good old fashioned hard nosed hustle, Okwerdz is a ray of hope for those who yearn to experience a rapper with mind blowing skills, mass appeal, and a tremendous work ethic to match.

Born and raised in Californiaג€™s central valley in ג€™murder capitalג€™ Stockton, CA- Okwerdz (known to his fans as Okweezy and friends as Brian Peeples)- utilizes a distinctly west coast swagger and an off-the-wall style unique to himself. He is able to simultaneously remain catchy and straight-forward with understandable and creative hooks and song concepts while delivering them in a dizzying array of complex patterns and rhymeschemes. He is able to sound comfortable over any type of track, and draws influence from all regions and styles of music giving his music a diverse and well structured feel. Okwerdz has worked on music with an impressively diverse roster of artists such as Kool G. Rap, E-40, Tech N9ne, Rahzel, DJ Green Lantern, Cappadonna, Casual and many more.

His style has proven to be quite influential to rhyme slingers worldwide, and Ok has always prided himself on being ground breaking. A genuine freestyle phenomenon, he is considered one of the most prolific and dominant battle emcees in the history of the west coast. He was one of the first Cali emcees to compete in Scribble Jam, was a runner-up in the legendary Rocksteady battle in NYC, and has shared the stage freestyling with icons such as Supernatural and Juice. He is such a respected member of the freestyle and battle communities that he often asked to judge major events, and speaks with an authoritative voice.

When he incorporates these impromptu rhymes into his action packed live sets, the crowd is enough amazed and won over for life. This stage show of Okג€™s is quite professional and he is able to keep the crowd engaged even without the use of a hypeman. This is perhaps due to his years of intense touring both domestically and internationally. Okג€™s international presence is so ubiquitous, that he even received a certified Gold Record for his contribution to Australian supergroup The Hilltop Hoods "Hard Road: Restrung" album. Okג€™s first project that he co-released himself with indie label Back Route Records "Random Acts of Music" in 2005 has moved over 4,000 units to date despite creative differences with the distribution company. His extremely creative/revolutionary Jackie Chan-themed concept EP ג€™Rush Hourג€™ has received over 40,000 downloads since its release in December 2007, including 30,500 in the first month. With a thriving myspace community, messageboard presence, and youtube channel full of exclusive footage, Okwerdz is inescapable on the internet.

Despite of all his accomplishments, Okwerdz remains down to earth, humble, and as hungry as ever. He is a man of his word, and completely dependable. He also has the charisma, sense of humor, and genuine star power required to captivate people from all walks of life. Okwerdz is as persistent as he is ambitious, so donג€™t expect him to slow down any time soon. When you juxtapose such a constant and deliberate hustle with such unadulterated passion, the result will be nothing less then total worldwide domination.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

This topic is 10/10.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Bump.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

I have no recollection of ever reading this thread and for that I am thankful.

FEELS LIKE THE FIRST TIME.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Moolah wrote:
Trademark wrote:this thread is the most entertaining thread in the last 6 months....the okwerdz sneed back and forth was awesome.... I can't believe Sneed thought at 18/19 he could start a record label with no knowledge of the business...... Can't believe Okwerdz seems to be the more levelheaded normal person in the situation.....Can't believe pressing up anything of Okwerdz is profitable.....Can't believe anyone would pay 4,000 for a Tech9 verse...... Can't believe American Express would give a kid a no limit business card... Can't believe Okwerdz has fans, can't believe the size of his head, can't believe I thought downloading that last album of his was a good idea so I deleted it the next day..... Can't believe Sneed uses his Native American roots when he obviously might be 1/16th indian.... Cant believe Okwerdz wears that hat in real life.... Cant believe okwerdz has fans....
:lol:
:cheers:

Normally not a huge fan of trademark's posting outside of curb. But holy shit he just fucking killed it right there :lol: :lol: :lol: