Post by BARRY LURKIN »

IN A BAD PLACE RIGHT NOW.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

It's Me Bitches :copy:
UBM CD COMING SOON

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

That ain't right. They have to much power to just kill an entire site with no trial or anything. Just take down normal peoples links and their backups they had for personal files. This is an issue that really gets me upset. It's crazy.

step one

Post by step one »

A few thousand bloggers just lost their shit. Really hope this doesnt happen to mediafire.

Megaupload seemed to be drawing alot of attention to themselves recently and they obviously aggravated The Important Jews.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

One of the world's largest file-sharing sites was shut down Thursday, and its founder and several company executives were charged with violating piracy laws, federal prosecutors said.

An indictment accuses Megaupload.com of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed one day after websites including Wikipedia and Craigslist shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart online piracy.

The Justice Department said in a statement said that Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz, and three others were arrested Thursday in New Zealand at the request of U.S. officials. Two other defendants are at large.

Megaupload was unique not only because of its massive size and the volume of downloaded content, but also because it had high-profile support from celebrities, musicians and other content producers who are most often the victims of copyright infringement and piracy. Before the website was taken down, it contained endorsements from Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys and Kanye West, among others.

The Hong Kong-based company listed Swizz Beatz, a musician who married Keys in 2010, as its CEO.

Before the site was taken down, it posted a statement saying allegations that it facilitated massive breaches of copyright laws were "grotesquely overblown."

"The fact is that the vast majority of Mega's Internet traffic is legitimate, and we are here to stay. If the content industry would like to take advantage of our popularity, we are happy to enter into a dialogue. We have some good ideas. Please get in touch," the statement said.

A lawyer who represented the company in a lawsuit last year declined comment Thursday.

Megaupload is considered a "cyberlocker," in which users can upload and transfer files that are too large to send by email. Such sites can have perfectly legitimate uses. But the Motion Picture Association of America, which has campaigned for a crackdown on piracy, estimated that the vast majority of content being shared on Megaupload was in violation of copyright laws.

The website allowed users to download films, TV shows, games, music and other content for free, but made money by charging subscriptions to people who wanted access to faster download speeds or extra content. The website also sold advertising.

The indictment was returned in the Eastern District of Virginia, which claimed jurisdiction in part because some of the alleged pirated materials were hosted on leased servers in Ashburn, Va.

Dotcom, a resident of both Hong Kong and New Zealand, and a dual citizen of Finland and Germany, made more than $42 million from the conspiracy in 2010 alone, according to the indictment.

Dotcom is founder, former CEO and current chief innovation officer of Megaupload.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Fuck...LOL. People are freaking out.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

The site probably got more heat for their video/television bootlegs more so than the music. That always seems to be the kicker with these sites being shut down.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

^^ most definitely.

megaupload's specialty was files above 200mb, and it was generally considered teh fastest most reliable host for largescale tv bootlegging sites like rlslog
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

step one wrote:A few thousand bloggers just lost their shit. Really hope this doesnt happen to mediafire.
i think this was more about the bullshit with Universal than anything else. They have the money to make this takedown happen immediately.
If Mediafire had tons of money and threw Kanye West in a commercial, I'm sure they'd be the next to go, also.

They don't even need SOPA to pass, they've got this taken care of already.

step one

Post by step one »

Before the site was taken down, it posted a statement saying allegations that it facilitated massive breaches of copyright laws were "grotesquely overblown."
Dont know how they can say this and keep a straight face.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:
Dont know how they can say this and keep a straight face.

+

=

david111

Post by david111 »

ardamus wrote:
The Afronaut wrote:
ardamus wrote:pretty cool to know not only he bagged Alicia Keys but the fool had the internet game on lock and has made better beats over the years.
Much better actually. Thank God he eventually abandoned the Casio sound.
Agreed. I always thought Money, Cash, Hoes sounded like someone threw a Yahama keyboard down a flight of stars and recorded it.
wtf that's an incredible beat

swizz in the late 90s >>>>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

david111 wrote:swizz in the late 90s >>>>
Nine out of ten Eli Porters agree.

Req

Post by Req »

ardamus wrote: Agreed. I always thought Money, Cash, Hoes sounded like someone threw a Yahama keyboard down a flight of stars and recorded it.
probably one of the worst beats ever created.
F.U. MOOLAH

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Ruff Ryderz Anthem still is a slammin' beat.
UBM CD COMING SOON

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

what a way to go out. unreal. megaupload for the last few years was the go-to regarding my transferal of zip folders containing photos i took of people around the city. ain't no thing though, mediafire will suffice just as well unless there happens to be some huge celebrity ringleader involved there too.

between his production, his nyu professor cred, and this, respect for swizz beats just increased tenfold.
Last edited by SYM on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

don't forget the work he did with Metallica.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:rofl:

Thread gets better.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

alleged founder of megaupload

Req

Post by Req »

drizzle wrote:Image

Dids with funds
F.U. MOOLAH

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

aside from mediafire, what are some other good sites to use? i've seen sugarsync and dropbox mentioned here and there. it's more or less a factor of the "getting on another pirate ship after the last one sunk" method being avoided amid the recent crackdown.

Oh, also. this.

http://gizmodo.com/5877679/anonymous-ki ... nge-strike

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Req wrote:
drizzle wrote:Image

Dids with funds
Dids-Jen C.-Jay Seagraves hybrid with funds.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

dropbox is dope but from what i've seen its better for directly transfering files person>person, not so much for hosting public links.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

In a week these guys will have an alternative site up or copycats will do the same now there is a vacuum.

EVERYONE CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

pertty bummed about this
moved by duck muscles

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Employee wrote:EVERYONE CHILL THE FUCK OUT.
Reminded me of:
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPgCHsoU2wU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPgCHsoU2wU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

LMFAO so some hackers shutdown US Department of Justice and Universal Records websites. Niggas always gotta go overboard.
Last edited by Magneto on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Magneto wrote:LMFAO so some hackers shutdown US Depart of Justice and Universal Records websites. Niggas always gotta go overboard.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

The Afronaut wrote:
Magneto wrote:LMFAO so some hackers shutdown US Depart of Justice and Universal Records websites. Niggas always gotta go overboard.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

ayo.. now tehparadox seems to offline. WTF. I hope they didn't fuck with them too. :(