Kno Goes Buck On Spotify (Gives Away Back Catalogue)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Kno Goes Buck On Spotify (Gives Away Back Catalogue)

Post by Employee »

http://sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=22659
Kno wrote:"It was recently revealed that the CEO of Spotify is worth $307 million dollars -- more money than every artist they feature except 1. In honor of the .005 cents per play we get from Spotify as they trick you out of your weed money under the guise of "supporting artists", it's "Fuck Spotify" week at CunninLynguists.com! Take this week off from streaming CL on Spotify and download any album from http://www.cunninlynguists.com/ at whatever price you choose -- even free! - Kno"
http://cunninlynguists.bandcamp.com/

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

saw this earlier....THAT'll TEACH DANIEL EK! :roll:
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:cheers:

young god

Post by young god »

the dead poet wrote:saw this earlier....THAT'll TEACH DANIEL EK! :roll:
Way to be cynical. I think if it spreads any more awareness of the fact that Spotify is bullshit and doesn't support artists at all, then it's commendable. Not to be corny, but change has to start somewhere. Of course CL taking their catalog out isn't going to effect Daniel Ek, but I'm sure it has led to other artists and musicians pulling out too. I definitely want to take away BSBD's music off of Spotify now.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Has anyone ever paid for one of his albums in the first place. Rabble rousing for rabble rousing's sake is gay. The chance that this dudes website exposes a couple of people to your music is worth letting successful people be successful without letting the wind of envy blow your skirt up.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

blastmaster wrote:Has anyone ever paid for one of his albums in the first place. Rabble rousing for rabble rousing's sake is gay. The chance that this dudes website exposes a couple of people to your music is worth letting successful people be successful without letting the wind of envy blow your skirt up.

zombie

Post by zombie »

wow

the whole catalog?

that's...a pretty ballsy move.

wuk

Post by wuk »

okay are there any good CL albums? i haven't heard anything by them.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Some good beats but they exist mainly to bolster the "South" iTunes folders of community college open mic hosts.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

blastmaster wrote:Has anyone ever paid for one of his albums in the first place. Rabble rousing for rabble rousing's sake is gay. The chance that this dudes website exposes a couple of people to your music is worth letting successful people be successful without letting the wind of envy blow your skirt up.
for whatever it's worth, i bought three of their CDs...the first, second, and third...when i was more into them.

i like what young god said.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

blastmaster wrote:Some good beats but they exist mainly to bolster the "South" iTunes folders of community college open mic hosts.
Must be a little too different from the southern hip hop you're used to, bruh.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

ardamus wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Some good beats but they exist mainly to bolster the "South" iTunes folders of community college open mic hosts.
AKA hip-hop that sounds southern.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

There are a few albums on there that I've never heard. Was going to snatch them up but when the window popped up asking me to name my price I felt like too much of a dick typing in "0" and wound up not downloading anything.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Larry2times wrote:
ardamus wrote:
AKA hip-hop that sounds southern.
Well, southern rap/hip-hop that has that "boom bap sound", yeah, sure. Don't think blasty was really a fan of that except for that one dude from SC he was raving about.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

piece of strange and dirty acres are both pretty dope.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Larry2times wrote:
ardamus wrote:
AKA hip-hop that sounds good.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Combo7 wrote:There are a few albums on there that I've never heard. Was going to snatch them up but when the window popped up asking me to name my price I felt like too much of a dick typing in "0" and wound up not downloading anything.
this mentality is hilarious to me.

backpackers taking things a little too serious these days.

GrimeyHippy

Post by GrimeyHippy »

well, they're no Louis CK

Dids

Post by Dids »

So a guy makes a bunch of music available for free and the default response is knee jerk hate?

Dap

Post by Dap »

the dead poet wrote:piece of strange and dirty acres are both pretty dope.
this. both albums are full of incredible beats imo. the rapping will not blow you away but it's solid.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Dap wrote:
the dead poet wrote:piece of strange and dirty acres are both pretty dope.
this. both albums are full of incredible beats imo. the rapping will not blow you away but it's solid.
sums up how i feel about their stuff, too. never got the crazy hate they've gotten on here. they've transitioned well from when they first came out, IMO.
Dids wrote:So a guy makes a bunch of music available for free and the default response is knee jerk hate?
if it was another group, i don't think the reaction would be as bad.

young god

Post by young god »

Dids wrote:So a guy makes a bunch of music available for free and the default response is knee jerk hate?
Seriously.

Blast, you're way off the mark here too. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant. CL do pretty well for themselves, and contrary to 90% of the rappers you post about, these guys can do successful full U.S. and European tours. They have a very loyal cult like following.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

young god wrote:
Seriously.

Blast, you're way off the mark here too. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant. CL do pretty well for themselves, and contrary to 90% of the rappers you post about, these guys can do successful full U.S. and European tours. They have a very loyal cult like following.
:rofl:

:copy:

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

If Kno would have never picked up a microphone(or a computer keyboard) I think dude would've been one of the most respected "underground" producers in recent memory.

These albums are worth a couple bucks off production alone.

Has he ever released instrumental versions?

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

THX to CUN

Dirty Acres is a must listen and has more southern style in rhymes and beats compared to the earlier releases.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

zombie wrote:
Combo7 wrote:There are a few albums on there that I've never heard. Was going to snatch them up but when the window popped up asking me to name my price I felt like too much of a dick typing in "0" and wound up not downloading anything.
this mentality is hilarious to me.

backpackers taking things a little too serious these days.

Even though it's being given away it still feels like stealing to me. Maybe it's just the way I was raised.

What's a "backpacker?"

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

young god wrote:
Seriously.

Oh who cares. This still reeks of silly attention grab.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

If this means there's a lot of music that's about to leave Spotify, I'm gonna be pissed.

young god

Post by young god »

blastmaster wrote:
young god wrote:
Seriously.

Oh who cares. This still reeks of silly attention grab.

All he did was tell people he was taking their music off Spotify and his reasons for doing so on Twitter. He didn't email a PR mailer out to blogs or anything. You're reaching.

zombie

Post by zombie »

blastmaster sounds hella envious/jealous/umad right now.