Typical Cats "The Crown' - B-boy video

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Galapagos4

Typical Cats "The Crown' - B-boy video

Post by Galapagos4 »

Video for the 1st single off the new Typical Cats album '3'. Featuring b-boys from Chicago & worldwide repping Brickheadz, Sour Apples, Windy City Hustlaz, 20th Century B-Boys/Phaze II & Ground Syndrome Krew.

Album release tour kicks off tonight in Chicago @ Bottom Lounge also featuring Chance The Rapper, Maxilla Blue, Lady Daisey & Batsauce.

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: Typical Cats "The Crown' - B-boy video

Post by Jaz »

Galapagos4 wrote:Video for the 1st single off the new Typical Cats album '3'. Featuring b-boys from Chicago & worldwide repping Brickheadz, Sour Apples, Windy City Hustlaz, 20th Century B-Boys/Phaze II & Ground Syndrome Krew.

Album release tour kicks off tonight in Chicago @ Bottom Lounge also featuring Chance The Rapper, Maxilla Blue, Lady Daisey & Batsauce.
Hell yeah and I wonder how Wicked22 feels about this? :lol:

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Wow I haven't heard these guys since their first album. The first guy (drawing a blank on his name).. his voice and flow are ridiculous!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Sherlock wrote:Wow I haven't heard these guys since their first album. The first guy (drawing a blank on his name).. his voice and flow are ridiculous!
Qwazaar

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

as much as I love Qwel and Qwazaar, Denizen Kane is and always has been quite painful to listen to. and judging by the snippets and this video, he hasn't upped his game in the least.

still looking forward to this, got the pre-order in

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Album is great, so good to hear all 3 T Cats on an album again.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2012/10/int ... new-album/
Qwel: Oh, it’s real. It needs to be put in a solemn light, not on a shiny limelight pedestal. The crazy thing about it is that the cats glorifying it in most part have never experienced real gang banging. I grew up in the Wild Hundreds, man. I can tell how those Fakeshore Drive-type cats cover it that they are on some freckle-faced glorify it from a safe distance shit. My little brother got shot in his stomach with a .38. I wonder if those pussy ass journalist dudes know that when a 12-year-old gets shot in the stomach, that the blood comes out black. Don’t get me started on that shit.

The whole internet world has put a reality disconnect and lack of responsibility on an all-time high. It’s just Al Pacino in Scarface to them suburban blog mongers. It’s no different than the fat kid standing in between two shorties about to scrap with that “whoever’s hardest hit my hand first” instigation shit, because the reality of what these youngins are rapping about is true and ugly. I don’t fault them for being young and trying to eat. It’s the human condition. But for these cats out here gravitating to the sensationalism of it, I spit on those fucks. To their faces, I spit on those fucks. I got kids. I piss in their graves for putting an acceptable pretty bow on top of it.
Qwel wrote:It’s these fly-by-night freckle-faced blog bastards that think this shit is the Mayberry sandlot that they grew up in that sees it as a notable trend to post. I hope they never have to smell a salty burnt gunshot wound. It smells like burnt lamb and firecrackers. Or see a child in such shock from it that he starts talking about shovelling snow in the summer or laughing. They keep making the gangbanging problem a hip-hop problem when in reality, the unfortunate truth is that hip-hop has the best chance of steering these youngsters to a new life outside of gangbanging.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Chicago Jaz-style b-boy revivalist corn balls have kind of ruined Qwel's music for me
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Fascinating insight.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee