Kreayshawn sells 3,900 first week.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

maclethal

Kreayshawn sells 3,900 first week.

Post by maclethal »

A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

Larry2times

Re: Kreayshawn sells 3,900 first week.

Post by Larry2times »

Gosh how will she ever cake off her hit tumblr song, if only record sales weren't the primary way for artists to make money now and she had had the presence of mind to align herself with numerous fashion labels/promote her other side hustles. She should be more like that pancake flipping Internet sensation and write an amazing novel based on her epithet dropping buddy and make that real fetti. She does have the one advantage over that superstar of not worrying bout losing dignity though since she's a 20 yr old girl

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Is that the new gold?

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Larry2times wrote:Gosh how will she ever cake off her hit tumblr song, if only record sales weren't the primary way for artists to make money now and she had had the presence of mind to align herself with numerous fashion labels/promote her other side hustles. She should be more like that pancake flipping Internet sensation and write an amazing novel based on her epithet dropping buddy and make that real fetti. She does have the one advantage over that superstar of not worrying bout losing dignity though since she's a 20 yr old girl
You mad bruh?
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

cats mad cause they dick dusty. get cheddar, get garments kreay kray
moved by duck muscles

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

well, i guess that internet buzz thing really does only work but so much then........

i do agree with the blog that her hustle is probably better suited in making videos than music.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ape9

Post by ape9 »

She's pretty horrible at rapping but sold more Cds in her first week then i'll sell in my lifetime.. the world needs to be hit by an astroid already..

I need help!!! I'm all alone, sometimes i wonder if I died would the baby blue take heed? prolly not. Please help.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kreayshawn > Rakim.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

maclethal wrote:
Larry2times wrote:Gosh how will she ever cake off her hit tumblr song, if only record sales weren't the primary way for artists to make money now and she had had the presence of mind to align herself with numerous fashion labels/promote her other side hustles. She should be more like that pancake flipping Internet sensation and write an amazing novel based on her epithet dropping buddy and make that real fetti. She does have the one advantage over that superstar of not worrying bout losing dignity though since she's a 20 yr old girl
You mad bruh?
I just find it hilarious Mac Lethal, of all people, is loling at Kreayshawn's first week sales like that means anything in 2012.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

sales would be better if the musical content was listenable.

the label has all that money invested in her, why didn't they buy a few hundred thousand and give the false perception that it is selling? I'm pretty certain Eminem and Dre do that.

They could have thrown her on an MTV reality show or something.

I mean, I can't stand her music, but there's been much worse stuff released that was marketed better, which in turn made it sell better.

maclethal wrote: $3 million later.
where'd you pull that figure from? I heard her deal was just $1 million.
Last edited by sleazy_j on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Because this couldnt' just go in the V-Nasy thread... There need to be separate threads for Kreayshawn and V-Nasty. That's totally a great idea, completely. As a matter of fact, let's start a separate forum dedicated entirely to White Girl Mob. Mac Lethal can moderate it. Yeah, that's what we'll do.

:lock:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

LOL @ the manufactured rage directed at Mac Lethal.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Believing the "leaked" 1 mil number is stupid.

Caring about kreayshawn either way is equally corny.

That someone whose claim to fame is making up a white cousin who drops the n bomb four times a sentence is going after some uninteresting kid who has been lambasted for being friends with some chick who does the same is rich in ironing.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

PopeyeJones wrote: That someone whose claim to fame is making up a white cousin who drops the n bomb four times a sentence is going after some uninteresting kid who has been lambasted for being friends with some chick who does the same is rich in ironing.
but ironically not so rich in royalties of a fruitful rap career m i rite?

look at me all quippin like sylissez over here
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

For the record, while a fair amount of news sites are reporting Kreayshawn's first week sales as the lowest for a major label release ever, that's not the case. It's most likely this guy - http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsoun ... e_camp.php
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Plus aside from the fact its 2012 and its a Kreayshawn album, its only available to purchase from itunes and im not kidding, Hot Topic. 3900 isnt bad considering.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

faith in humanity restored
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

the dead poet wrote:faith in humanity restored
haha

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:For the record, while a fair amount of news sites are reporting Kreayshawn's first week sales as the lowest for a major label release ever, that's not the case. It's most likely this guy - http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsoun ... e_camp.php
he even had Rev Run in his music video.

Thun

Post by Thun »

I just don't understand why you flash in the pan millenial faggots can't rally behind something that actually winds up being successful.

Thun

Post by Thun »

PopeyeJones wrote:Believing the "leaked" 1 mil number is stupid.

Caring about kreayshawn either way is equally corny.

That someone whose claim to fame is making up a white cousin who drops the n bomb four times a sentence is going after some uninteresting kid who has been lambasted for being friends with some chick who does the same is rich in ironing.
Not really.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

people just need to understand that the music industry doesn't work the same way it used to. If you wanna be a successful artist and make money - make insanely dope viral videos, consistently do tracks with whoever the flavor of the month is, put out all your recorded material for free online, tour the world and sell merch and get paid. The reason Drake has done so well is because he hasn't let too much time pass between hit songs on the radio. After weez put out that abortion of an album and went to jail, I don't think people cared about him as much anymore, Drake filled the void. Kreay put out that gucci shit and lagged wayyyyyyyy too long to put anything else out. I think a lot of peoples mentality were just like, "oh yah...that bitch..." when this album dropped. But truth be told she's still touring all over the world and making cake so i don't think she really gives a fuck about her album sales. And she def has the best n00dz of any rapper out there.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Why do you guys even care? The music that Kreayshawn makes is straight up TRA$H!! And sorry, but that shit ain't even Hiphop. She is cute though...

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Why do you guys even care? The music that Kreayshawn makes is straight up TRA$H!! And sorry, but that shit ain't even Hiphop. She is cute though...

Who let this autistic cunt back in?

myself

Post by myself »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:For the record, while a fair amount of news sites are reporting Kreayshawn's first week sales as the lowest for a major label release ever, that's not the case. It's most likely this guy - http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsoun ... e_camp.php
Major labels have been around forever, long before MTV VJ contests and shitty youtube rap videos. In the "old days" plenty of major label albums failed to sell more than a couple thousand total, let alone in one week. It was how things worked and part of the investment portfolio, if you will. Granted, most of these releases were not the ones with the 7 figure budgets, though.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

I've heard of this person. Have no interest in them?
I <3 Employee.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

drizzle wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote: That someone whose claim to fame is making up a white cousin who drops the n bomb four times a sentence is going after some uninteresting kid who has been lambasted for being friends with some chick who does the same is rich in ironing.
but ironically not so rich in royalties of a fruitful rap career m i rite?

look at me all quippin like sylissez over here
:lol:

Req

Post by Req »

WiCkEd22 wrote:Why do you guys even care? The music that Kreayshawn makes is straight up TRA$H!! And sorry, but that shit ain't even Hiphop. She is cute though...

smh
F.U. MOOLAH

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

If there was any album I could compare this to, it would be Amanda Blank's first debut. Just a very lowgrade version of it.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

ardamus wrote:If there was any album I could compare this to, it would be Amanda Blank's fist debut. Just a very lowgrade version of it.
:rofl: