Black Hippy thread (Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, etc.)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

GrimeyHippy

Re: Black Hippy thread (Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, etc.)

Post by GrimeyHippy »

I'm glad this forum is smart enough to keep this garbage in one thread

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

username/post??

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

BARRY LURKIN wrote:
Harry Hater wrote:Probably not getting any points saying this but I was a little underwhelmed. I like it, but maybe I over hyped it. Or maybe I need to give it a few more listens.
EYE FELT SIMILE.

TO BE FAIR, EYE'D HIGH EXPECTATIONS AND HAVE ONLY LISTENED TWICE AND A BIT. SOME O THE PRODUCTION ON Q AND AB SOUL'S ALBUMS WERE MORE IMMEDIATELY APPEALING. SHALL LET IT MARINATE. STANDOUTS AT THIS STAGE ARE 'BITCH' AND THE TRACKS WI JAY ROCK AND EIHT.

'COPASTETIC' ON THE PHARRELL JOINT WERE DISTRACTING. TA, PARRISH.
about to sit with this album after i finish the rza jawn... excited about it

sidenote, barry, can you like start a daily inbox service where i can just count on reading ur shit? guaranteed lols each time.
bless you baby jesus.

Nav

Post by Nav »

All bonus tracks:
http://www.filedropper.com/kdotbonus

The Recipe (featuring Dr. Dre)
Black Boy Fly
Now or Never (featuring Mary J. Blige)
Collect Calls (featuring Kent Jamz)
Swimming Pools (Drank) (Single version)
County Building Blues
Swimming Pools (Black Hippy Remix) (featuring Black Hippy)
The Recipe (Black Hippy Remix) (featuring Black Hippy)

Click "Download this file". It's about 60 MB. Various bitrate since I downloaded them from all over.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

step one

Post by step one »

ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

drizzle wrote:well, the album itself fittingly ends at compton

everything else is just random shit, and you're not even getting the same random shit in every version. and some of those loosies are straight up pointless and just not good, like the Mary J song that was clearly recorded in an attempt to secure a single that just didn't work. some of them are pretty good but after the full blast (:pause:) you get with the album proper, they're generally perfunctory

the point being is that you can safely click stop after compton and call it a day and not miss out on much
:leon:

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Album sucks, trash beats.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Piff Tannen wrote:
drizzle wrote:well, the album itself fittingly ends at compton

everything else is just random shit, and you're not even getting the same random shit in every version. and some of those loosies are straight up pointless and just not good, like the Mary J song that was clearly recorded in an attempt to secure a single that just didn't work. some of them are pretty good but after the full blast (:pause:) you get with the album proper, they're generally perfunctory

the point being is that you can safely click stop after compton and call it a day and not miss out on much
:leon:
Isn't Compton a bonus track too? I really feel like the narrative is done with "Real," and I'd probably prefer it stopped with the track before that. I feel like Compton and The Recipe were both just there to appease those who wanted it to have more of a Dre vibe/sound to it. Either way, can't really understand people not enjoying this album. I guess if you just sifted through the tracks on bad speakers in some random way it probably wouldn't have as much impact, but I find it hard to believe people expected something better than what was delivered.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think people expected The Chronic 2012 or a soundtrack to a Singleton movie. Bu KL hit em with the shenanigans.

PEACE

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Album is a fucking classic.

Also not a fan of having one giant thread for EVERYTHING T.D.E. related. This album is going to go down on every single top 5 list of 2012 at the end of the year, and it doesn't even get its own thread?

I understand cutting down on clutter, but I honestly miss out on a lot of topics. Also if Schoolboy Q and Kendrick drop shit the same day, it's going t... you know what? I don't care. Never mind.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

peanut butter wrote:I think people expected The Chronic 2012 or a soundtrack to a Singleton movie. Bu KL hit em with the shenanigans.
I feel like that's the case as well, but I'm not sure how people could have expected that after Section 80.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Isn't Compton a bonus track too? I really feel like the narrative is done with Real and I'd probably prefer it stopped with the track before that.
Compton is the end of both the regular version and the technically the narrative as well (being that it ends with Kendrick saying that he’s gonna borrow his mom’s van and will be back in fifteen minutes, thus bringing everything full circle). But yeah, as far as actual story songs go, it's really just the first ten tracks, not so much with the last two.

DLG

Post by DLG »

can I get a PM for this yo?

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

DLG wrote:can I get a PM for this yo?
por favor

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

really enjoying this album. well crafted top to bottom.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

QWALMS wrote:
peanut butter wrote:I think people expected The Chronic 2012 or a soundtrack to a Singleton movie. Bu KL hit em with the shenanigans.
I feel like that's the case as well, but I'm not sure how people could have expected that after Section 80.
Because most folks are idiots?

PEACE

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

The only real misstep is the Mary J Blige track, otherwise, this is is easily one of the hip-hop releases of 2012 imho. I still got a hear some of those bonus tracks, but it's crazy that Black Boy Fly is not on the standard release.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

I think this album is absolutely incredible.

BUT--I also feel like people throw around the "Classic" label way too fast. Part of "classic" is seeing how it ages. And that can only come with... age.

Honestly, I didn't really get Kendrick until I heard Swimming Pools (awhile ago), and then everything clicked. Love the album.
I <3 Employee.

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

Copped at Best Buy and listened before realizing Target had more bonus tracks.

Anyone want to buy/trade for a Target bonus track version if I try some exchange shenanigans at Target? (an opened Best Buy version can easily be turned into a 2nd Target version)

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

EYE HAVE BEEN A WAKE FO A LONG AND AM STARTING TO SEE SHAPES BUT NOT IN A TAZ ARNOLD IN TOUCH WI MOI PROGRESSIVE ONENESS WAY MORE IN A PRICKLY NECK NAPE ANTICIPATING PARTIAL PARALYSIS WAY AND LISTENED TO THE KENDRICK WHILST SAT AT A SPECIAL ANGLE ON THE TOILET AND IT IS ALL HAPPENING.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

BARRY LURKIN wrote:EYE HAVE BEEN A WAKE FO A LONG AND AM STARTING TO SEE SHAPES BUT NOT IN A TAZ ARNOLD IN TOUCH WI MOI PROGRESSIVE ONENESS WAY MORE IN A PRICKLY NECK NAPE ANTICIPATING PARTIAL PARALYSIS WAY AND LISTENED TO THE KENDRICK WHILST SAT AT A SPECIAL ANGLE ON THE TOILET AND IT IS ALL HAPPENING.
:omar:
I <3 Employee.

BARRY LURKIN

Post by BARRY LURKIN »

NONGSHIM NOODLES HAVE BEEN INVOLVED.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I listened to the album this weekend to see what all the hype was about... :shittylikesometp:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Jaz wrote:I listened to the album this weekend to see what all the hype was about... :shittylikesometp:
:larry:

wizeguy

Post by wizeguy »

Can't stop listening to this album. Great stuff. Skip all the bonus tracks, album is perfect as it is.

step one

Post by step one »

Gave in to the hype and checked it out last night. He might have lyrics but his voice is too annoying to make a whole album listenable. He sounds like a fucking pussy. The beats suck dick. I chucked the CDR out of the car window while I was stopped at the lights.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:Gave in to the hype and checked it out last night. He might have lyrics but his voice is too annoying to make a whole album listenable. He sounds like a fucking pussy. The beats suck dick. I chucked the CDR out of the car window while I was stopped at the lights.

No one believes your arms are long enough to steer a car.

"WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE WING SPAN"

step one

Post by step one »

Employee wrote:
step one wrote:Gave in to the hype and checked it out last night. He might have lyrics but his voice is too annoying to make a whole album listenable. He sounds like a fucking pussy. The beats suck dick. I chucked the CDR out of the car window while I was stopped at the lights.

No one believes that your claims to like Gunplay and Kendrick Lamar are anything more than pathetic and desperate attempts to fit in with an online community that serves as your only outlet for communication with the outside world though.

Tell us what that Anticon like, faggot.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:winter: :winter: :winter: :winter: :winter: / :winter: :winter: :winter: :winter: :winter:

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

step one wrote:
Employee wrote:

No one believes that your claims to like Gunplay and Kendrick Lamar are anything more than pathetic and desperate attempts to fit in with an online community that serves as your only outlet for communication with the outside world though.

Tell us what that Anticon like, faggot.
I bet you have a small dick.
I <3 Employee.