General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

DLG wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NccqIRZMbuw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NccqIRZMbuw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
HAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH, yikes!

Good for you "tui" :lol:

the brow

Post by the brow »

Remove that review, homo.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Digging the song and vid. Good shit, Lee.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

haha...that review is fucking amazing. that kid will eventually go viral.

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

Employee wrote:
intuition wrote:
Moolah wrote:Is anyone else :owens: that Tui has abandoned us for an infinite supply of vagina?

nah mooh, i still lurk like a motherfucker.

thanks for kind words folks, and thanks to employee and MBF as well.
Continuing in his tradition of embarrassing Los Angeles (don't forget the entire west coast), Intuition unfurls another visual scroll from the Museum of Natural Metrosexuality. His tired, perpetually recycled I'm a working man...and a rapper shtick permeates what is undoubtedly the costliest "Real World" audition tape known to mankind. Then there's the rapping itself; who am I listening to? Yet another Slug knockoff? A southern California-based Drake clone? A Macklemore-Baby Bash hybrid? It's impossible to decipher. Much like soy milk there's a high probability you will grow some form of tits if you are a male and you watch this. Clear some room for YouTube's demo reel graveyard.

Peace,
Employee
c/s lewis.

I dunno, I'd just pop in an Atmos album if I wanted to hear shit like this. Pass.

I will say I like how dude's rapping improves with each release, though. Sounded clean as hell.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

also...rereading that employee post: that was really shitty of you. you are quite the piece of shit sometimes.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

intuition wrote:also...rereading that employee post: that was really shitty of you. you are quite the piece of shit sometimes.
Being a really shitty rapper you should expect it to come with the territory. I wouldn't say you're quite the piece of shit rapper "sometimes", but I would say you're quite the piece of shit rapper "the majority of the time."

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Intuition- Old Enough Video

Post by Employee »

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

intuition stay with the quality joints.

really dug the song too

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

nice!
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

woah. people listen to this?

Dids

Post by Dids »

darkwingduck wrote:woah. people listen to this?
Mock surprise is the weakest move the idiot's playbook.

This is really good. The production value on these videos always blows me away. I really don't understand why Tui isn't getting like Macklemore level shine.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Probably my most anticipated album this year... every track has been stellar so far.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Ain't The Blues is a cool song. Would procure an MP3 of it.

Outfit in teh video is also Bacon Bra approved. I 'unno if some of his fans are ready for teh rugged workwear 'Tui, though.

Guun

Post by Guun »

Any word on when the album will be dropping?

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Same sample source as "Not Told"? I'm on laptop speakers at work so I could be hearing things.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

^^^ think it's a different sample, but not sure. i'm sure mark hasn't heard that song either way though.

thanks for the kind words guys. glad IDAL approves of the 'fit. dids is part of #TuiTaskForce #ProtectTeamTui.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

Dids wrote:
darkwingduck wrote:woah. people listen to this?
Mock surprise is the weakest move the idiot's playbook.

This is really good. The production value on these videos always blows me away. I really don't understand why Tui isn't getting like Macklemore level shine.

a lack of payola?
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

let's be realistic...my songs are not that catchy. they certainly aren't hits.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Alternating between Ain't The Blues and a Patsy Cline best of like a moping sad sack faygit this morning. Shit is really tugging on my heartstrings as I feel like Ja in the Put It On Me remix video.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

intuition wrote:let's be realistic...my songs are not that catchy. they certainly aren't hits.
disagree +1

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

mike eagle wrote:
intuition wrote:let's be realistic...my songs are not that catchy. they certainly aren't hits.
disagree +1
yeah. My friends know most of Tui's songs just by me playing them. Also, the videos are consistently top notch and have a familiarity (without becoming repetitious) where you KNOW it's an Intuition video even if he's not in it.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

mike eagle wrote:
disagree +1
Disagree +2

IIRC Emp started tantrum trolling you because you "crossed" him by making songs that were too catchy and that weren't exclusively Anticon approved music to slit your wrists to. IIRC his review that he first lashed out at you on was basically a furious elegy from a scorned imagined lover who was hoping you'd be his great white hope to carry the long since faded HHI torch into the new millennium.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Tui Doesn't have anything as catchy as Thrift Shop (but that's just a super catchy song) but his more emotional songs are essentially the same thing Macklemore is trying to do but much much better.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ Shit like thrift shop (or even the success of Mac's pancake silliness) are basically black swans. Compared to 90% of OF both Tui and OME make music that is pretty catchy, IMO. It's what's gotta be so depressing about making music, in that you have to just keep on doing it and doing and hoping that an incredibly rare random event hits that will allow to make a livable income off it for a little while.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

tui, sorry u have shitty shit going on but you are making good music because of it
come smoke weed at the beach
also, im having a hard time hearing your words on this cause of the mix. ur sultry voice is blending with the bass. would appreciate a better version for when i wanna be emo with the words :owens:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

PopeyeJones wrote:
mike eagle wrote:
disagree +1
Disagree +2

IIRC Emp started tantrum trolling you because you "crossed" him by making songs that were too catchy and that weren't exclusively Anticon approved music to slit your wrists to. IIRC his review that he first lashed out at you on was basically a furious elegy from a scorned imagined lover who was hoping you'd be his great white hope to carry the long since faded HHI torch into the new millennium.
That review is several years old; is there a reason it still has such a negative impact on your life? Girls Like Me is not a good rap album by my estimation. It has the occasionally dope flourish and then it returns to Metrosexualcha. Perhaps a retrospective of his debut ensconced in your wounded, dyed pubes will give it new eyes and ears.

Before that review Intuition rode my dick the way you ride Segways: harder than a motherfucker; after that review he tucked his penis and spread his angry wings. I don't care who you are or what your "status" is: if I am am asked (or in the case of Intuition: begged) to review a record I am going to do so honestly. He cried about how I released it two weeks in advance of the release date and that it hurt sales and how could I do that to him and what could he have done that was better. No other rapper I've ever dealt with was as petty, thin-skinned, and sycophantic as Intuition. And, lucky for him, the review is apparently deleted.

The record sucks a dick.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

shots