new 2014 Eminem - Shady XV & then sum

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DJCommunist

Re: new Eminem - Survival & Berzerk

Post by DJCommunist »

step one wrote:
Why not listen to something good instead of obsessing over the rubbish the A-listers like Jay and Em continue to churn out, just because its by them and therefore "important". People like you are killing rap music dude.
SpecialAFFEX wrote:Disposable Heros Of Hiphoprisy made some of the most awful music on this planet.

That shit hurts my ears WAY more than this new Em single.

:cheers: or better yet :borksign:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

weedsmoker wrote:if stan hadn't killed himself i wonder what he would think of berzerk
HLB'ing has been done here :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

cover for the album

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

4 Miles out of 8
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

tracklist

1. Bad Guy
2. Parking Lot (Skit)
3. Rhyme Or Reason
4. So Much Better
5. Survival
6. Legacy
7. Asshole Ft. Skylar Grey
8. Berzerk
9. Rap God
10. Brainless
11. Stronger Than I Was
12. The Monster Ft. Rihanna
13. So Far…
14. Love Game Ft. Kendrick Lamar
15. Headlights Ft. Nate Ruess
16. Evil Twin

step one

Post by step one »

hellriser wrote:tracklist
12. The Monster Ft. Rihanna
Its hard to imagine just how terrible this song will be but I'm pretty sure it will be some attempt at a big, epic, meaningful song that will have the creators of those "inspirational" b&w photos that appear on facebook kept busy for a while.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

looks uninspiring and looks like it might not be a worthy successor to its origins

guest list looks depressing

Kendrick Lamar finna get kept in a conceptual box or its a love song metaphor so Eminem can't get ethered on his own shit :fail:

:naswtf: is a Nate Ruess and why is he more important to have around there than D-12, Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Obie Trice, Dr. Dre or 50 Cent? :bunk:

Skylar Grey is Hailie Jade's high school best friend or something, cause her career only consists of Eminem collabs like :wtf:

Eminem hopefully won't fuck up the statement about being godly with 'Rap God' like Kanye fucked his statement up...

it's not a good idea to have 'Survival' on this album. Eminem is fucking up. But the countdown is on, 3 weeks away before MMLP2 :killacam:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
:naswtf: is a Nate Ruess and why is he more important to have around there than D-12, Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Obie Trice, Dr. Dre or 50 Cent? :bunk:

It's 2013. None of the people you named are important anymore

PEACE

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

Jock Jams Vol. 6

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
you don't get it.

it's a sequel to the first album.

you don't make a fucking sequel to a movie without any of the people you had in the first one. and if you do, what usually happens?

THE MOVIE FUCKING SUCKS :thebest:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
you don't get it.

it's a sequel to the first album.

you don't make a fucking sequel to a movie without any of the people you had in the first one. and if you do, what usually happens?

THE MOVIE FUCKING SUCKS :thebest:
Almost none of the people you mentioned are on the first Marshall Mathers LP

PEACE

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yeah, pretend like what I said doesn't make sense.

pretend it makes more sense for Marshall Mathers to have SKYLAR GREY AND RIHANNA ON MMLP2 THAN SLAUGHTERHOUSE OR D-12 OR 50 CENT.

:roll: :bunk: :arrow:

fucking children. do you feel like you won something? yay, you won your own petty argument in your own petty mind.

i don't want this album to suck, but Eminem is trying to make us not like it very much. both the songs out for it now are SHITE.

'Berzerk' and 'Survival' are NOT even Top 50 Eminem songs, probably not even Top 100. I'm not a hater, and I'm not a Stan. I'm a sophisticated motherfucker who doesn't accept uninspired bullshit from anyone.

*goes to play Criminal*

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Yo MB, come on man. There's a big difference between early album freedoms and later album pressures. I don't think it's supposed to be a re-make of the original at all, it's supposed to be an update (10+ years later) from an older Em than who did the first one. Dude's been through serious stuff since and is in a completely different position in the game now with a legacy to address rather than just the controversies of being the new white hype he was at the time. This will be MARSHALL MATHERS-heavy for sure, he's obviously aware of what he's making a sequel to and it's still executive produced by Dr Dre and Rick Rubin... Maybe he doesn't feel the need to do posse cuts, Kim death fantasies or drug ballads this time around, but I'm sure whatever he chooses to do will be what he thinks is Marshall Mathers in 2013 and that's all you can ask. All I know is he wouldn't slap the name MMLP2 on garbage nonsense right now, not after Recovery in which he finally took responsibility for losing his way earlier and vowing to take rap seriously again. I personally haven't been this actively anticipating an Eminem album in yeeeears and that in itself takes me back to the MMLP days, it's fucking exciting. Hopefully it's not too sober this time around like Recovery, and the crazy/funny/angry energy he used to do so effortlessly comes back in a bigger way, but regardless it'll be what it is. MB, being the big fucking hip hop fan I know you are, don't rob yourself of the moment family!

Btw, I've been binging hard on Eminem lately and put a cd together the other day. Basically the story behind Recovery. Peep the tracklist:
01. Careful What You Wish For (2009)
02. Dr. West (interlude) (2009)
03. Despicable Freestyle (2010)
04. Talkin' 2 Myself (2010)
05. No Love (ft. Lil Wayne) (2010)
06. Our House (ft. Slaughterhouse) (2012)
07. Berzerk (2013)
08. The Warning (Mariah Carey diss) (2009)
09. Going Through Changes (2010)
10. Not Afraid (2010)
11. Fastlane (ft. Royce da 5'9) (2011)
12. Shady 2.0 BET Cypher 2011 (ft. Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse) (2011)
13. Survival
14. Airplanes pt. 2 (ft. Haley Williams) (2009)

I hated Berzerk at first AND didn't like Survival... Now I fucking love them both :ohsh:
Last edited by The Frankest on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Frankest wrote:Yo MB, come on man. There's a big difference between early album freedoms and later album pressures. I don't think it's supposed to be a re-make of the original at all, it's supposed to be an update (10+ years later) from an older Em than who did the first one. Dude's been through serious stuff since and is in a completely different position in the game now with a legacy to address rather than just the controversies of being the new white hype he was at the time. This will be MARSHALL MATHERS-heavy for sure, he's obviously aware of what he's making a sequel to and it's still executive produced by Dr Dre and Rick Rubin... Maybe he doesn't feel the need to do posse cuts, Kim death fantasies or drug ballads this time around, but I'm sure whatever he chooses to do will be what he thinks is Marshall Mathers in 2013 and that's all you can ask. All I know is he wouldn't slap the name MMLP2 on garbage nonsense right now, not after Recovery in which he finally took responsibility for losing his way earlier and vowing to take rap seriously again. I personally haven't been this actively anticipating an Eminem album in yeeeears and that in itself takes me back to the MMLP days, it's fucking exciting. Hopefully it's not too sober this time around like Recovery, and the crazy/funny/angry energy he used to do so effortlessly comes back in a bigger way, but regardless it'll be what it is. MB, being the big fucking hip hop fan I know you are, don't rob yourself of the moment family!

Btw, I've been binging hard on Eminem lately and put a cd together the other day. Basically the story behind Recovery. Peep the tracklist:
01. Careful What You Wish For (2009)
02. Dr. West (interlude) (2009)
03. Despicable Freestyle (2010)
04. Talkin' 2 Myself (2010)
05. No Love (ft. Lil Wayne) (2010)
06. Our House (ft. Slaughterhouse) (2012)
07. Berzerk (2013)
08. The Warning (Mariah Carey diss) (2009)
09. Going Through Changes (2010)
10. Not Afraid (2010)
11. Fastlane (ft. Royce da 5'9) (2011)
12. Shady 2.0 BET Cypher 2011 (ft. Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse) (2011)
13. Survival
14. Airplanes pt. 2 (ft. Haley Williams) (2009)

I hated Berzerk at first AND didn't like Survival... Now I fucking love them both :ohsh:
fair enough. you know I'll give it a good chance and a full listen as soon as it drops. I got high ass expectations though homie! I remember stealing a copy of the cassette of the first Marshall Mathers LP 2 days before it was officially released, illegally, which I almost got fired from my job from HMV for, but I sat in my bedroom all weekend before that Tuesday and listened to the Marshall Mathers album, so excited I flipped on my bed in manic joy. Dammit, 'Kill You' was the JOINT. 'Amityville' is soooo great. Sticky Fingaz murks it. The title track is SO fucking great, too: "he's just mad cause I wouldn't let him ejaculate in my ass :ohsh: :err: :lol: " That lawyer is famous! I hope he updates "I murder a rhyme one word at a time" and so forth... we shall see. Either way, we already know that Rolling Stone and White America GON' LOVE IT! LOL

I don't have the highest hopes for Eminem's rap album these days. A BET Cipher is one thing, but you make him write to a beat for Interscope, and... sigh.

things grow on me, but these Eminem songs haven't, and neither has Yeezus. I just listen to these guy's old shit lately.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i wanna at least hear a new updated "Stan" inspired theme song, hahahahahahahaa but from the perspective of someone that hates him so much

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Lyric783 wrote:Hate to admit it but this [Berserk] grew on me and the video definitely helped
Same.
Kony Montana wrote:For a dude as reliant on pop culture references as Em is, he comes across as having not turned on a computer or TV since the early 2000s. There's Ren and Stimpy and Kevin Federline references here.
:lol:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

mb, stinky fingaz was on remember me, not amityville, you are obviously mistaking bizarre and sticky

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

tehgiftofgab wrote:mb, stinky fingaz was on remember me, not amityville, you are obviously mistaking bizarre and sticky
I know that. I'm talking about all my favorite moments on the album. I also talk about 'Kill You', 'I'm Back' and 'Marshall Mathers', you obviously did not see that part, ha.

LOL @ the thought of me mixing up Sticky Fingaz and Bizarre. I was a fan of Onyx in 1991.

I don't expect much from this Eminem album. I hate that I'm like this, but I'm being real.

Eminem thinks WAAAY too much and has way too much corporate pressure and too many suits to satisfy to rhyme how he wants anymore.

until he pulls a power move and gets his ass from under Jimmy Iovine, I don't expect Eminem to do anything but faux-shock jock rap and whatever odd stuff suits his fancy lately

he doesn't seem like he cares about being the best MC on the planet like he used to

if he did, he would not have put out a song like 'Berzerk' :rofl:

it's kinda fun i guess, compared to most of the atrocious trap molly club banger rap out now... but really in the grand scheme of things, it's not that great of a song, and Eminem has done much better music in the past

if he drops 6 songs that I am still playing at the end of December, I'll be happily surprised, and content with MMLP2.

None

Post by None »

Who is buying this with the new Call of Duty game, come on bros!

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

after Recovery in which he finally took responsibility for losing his way earlier and vowing to take rap seriously again
recovery is by far the worst album eminem has put out. the dude who got famous off of slim shady should not take rap seriously; all his best albums are him doing just the opposite. the "serious voice" mechanical flow he's been doing ever since recovery ranges from ait to unlistenable. eminem is old and terrible now :lock:
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:
:hooray:

the high pitched tone of the beat is kinda shitty, but oh well.

most of the rhymes are really really fucking awesome and worthy of the title 'Rap God'. :copy:

in the second verse with the 'lookin boy' part is my least favorite part but meh.

the third verse is probably the most intense thing major label hip hop will create this year.

Eminem needed to do this. If HALF the album is this intense and focused, then it's all fucking good again.

:rofl: "the Dale Earnhardt of the trailer park, the white trash god/ kneel before General Zod, this planet's Krypton, no, Asgard, Asgard/ you be Thor and I'll be Odin you rodent/ I'm omnipotent, let off the nalm reloading immediately with these bombs I'm toting/ but I should not be woken/ I'm the walking dead but I'm just a talking head just a zombie floating/ but I got your mom deepthroating/ I'm out my ramen noodle, we have nothing in common, poodle/ I'm a doberman pincher self in the arm :bow: and pay homage, pupil... IT'S ME" :copy:

pay attention Kendrick... THIS IS WHAT 'CONTROL' SHOULD HAVE BEEN :cas:

RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

mb i was joking because of the way you worded it

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

no bullshit tho, he ripped it on that Rap God beat
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Mentioning Lakim Shabazz on Rap God is the best thing Eminem's done in a decade.

Lakim Shabazz - Your Arms Too Short To Box With God

^^^^ Top 5 b side of all time, imho :gyeah: :gyeah:

step one

Post by step one »

Let Jaz Down wrote:Mentioning Lakim Shabazz on Rap God is the best thing Eminem's done in a decade
I enjoyed him rapping 'Yoke The Joker' and 'Reckless' when Ice T was interviewing him for The Art Of Rap. It reminded me that deep down he's still one of us
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
after Recovery in which he finally took responsibility for losing his way earlier and vowing to take rap seriously again
recovery is by far the worst album eminem has put out. the dude who got famous off of slim shady should not take rap seriously; all his best albums are him doing just the opposite. the "serious voice" mechanical flow he's been doing ever since recovery ranges from ait to unlistenable. eminem is old and terrible now :lock:
Somebody actually fuck with Relapse? :ohhh:

I meant seriously as opposed to sarcastically wack stuff like "My 1st single", "Ass Like That", "Puke", ALL OF FUCKING RELAPSE, etc.... Dude's been putting on bored spiteful non-funny voices ever since parts of Encore and didn't really seem to enjoy music anymore. Then the depressions, addictions and Proof dying had Em taking himself waaay too seriously for a minute which staled up his flow a little bit for Recovery, I agree. "Talkin' 2 Myself" basically explained the whole thing though, and ever since he's been going back in that rap zone, loosening up, surrounding himself with Slaughterhouse etc and been about reclaiming his legacy again. The Bad Meets Evil EP had some inspired Eminem on it. And now here comes the first real album with a clean slate after Recovery. LISTEN TO FUCKING "RAP GOD". That's a happy marriage of the looser funny Eminem of old, the technical "rap-bot" Eminem of Recovery and the fired up hungry Eminem of "Survival" all in one :ohsh: :ohsh: FUCKING ILL.

Guun

Post by Guun »

This sounds so contrived and dated. Are we hearing the same song?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yeah, the beat sounds like it could have been on some anonymous Compton gangsta rap compilation from Priority Records in 2001

but the rhymes are mostly fucking fire. even when they aren't great lines, he delivers them with force and style.

every version of Eminem that has existed appears on this song, and it's pretty interesting.

I done been trying to tell y'all what Eminem said, ha.

"why be a king when you can be a god" :cas: