Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Pizon

Re: new Eminem - Survival & Berzerk

Post by Pizon »

Hypeman is Mr. Porter/Kon Artis of D12

Versive

Post by Versive »

I'm listening to the leak. The first couple songs are pretty much vintage Em awesomeness. Plus, he flipped "Time of the Season," so kudos for that even though Necro did it first. I don't expect this to keep up, just saying though.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yup, third song is horrible.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

peanut butter wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:lol at eminems hypeman

Thats Rick Rubin! Show some respect for the architects, huh?
rick rubin's black now? woah
Last edited by seagrams hotsauce on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... n-t-front-
Buckshot said that he was given less than a day’s notice last month that Eminem would be remaking Black Moon’s “I Got Cha Opin” and that he would be flying to Detroit from New York in order to attend the recording session. The subsequent song, “Don’t Front,” is featured as a special bonus track that comes when fans purchase both Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP 2 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, both of which are scheduled to be released tomorrow (November 5).
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

^^^ best thing I heard Eminem do. It's not without its flaws, but it's cool to bring this '92 NYC boom bap sonic aesthetic back to the world in 2013.

"every sixty seconds... so you know I MINUTE" :bunk:

still, it's not like most of the album, which I'm avoiding like chlamydia with cooties.

it's pretty obnoxious and disheartening to see things like Joell Ortiz throw himself under the bus and publicly state on record "yeah, the MMLP2 is a good album!" and see Eminem grasp at relevance by saying "yeah, Kendrick Lamar's verse on 'Control' was great!" when NOBODY gives a fuck about that verse right now, not even Kendrick, who smashed his face into the backboard when trying to slam dunk his dis verse to Drake in the BET Cipher, and is now backpedalling and saying "Drake's cool, his album is cool, I was jes playin, you know how rap is" like he's trying to be the Game. Respect: dwindling.

Even the ONE redeeming moment I was looking forward to, which was SIA on an Eminem song, ('Beautiful Pain') was saddingly rote and formulaic when compared to the rest of Sia's astounding catalogue. Eminem has OFFICIALLY jumped the motherfucking shark.

rap is out of control
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/videos/id ... rformance-

The live performance of 'Rap God' is actually pretty damn :ohsh: , and they add some live instrumentation that makes the beat actually tolerable. Still, this is one of two songs on the album like this. :fail:

rap
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

The I Got Cha Opin thing is fucking awful. If it was anyone else people would be complaining that he's shitting on a classic.
Mindbender Futurama wrote: it's pretty obnoxious and disheartening to see things like Joell Ortiz throw himself under the bus and publicly state on record "yeah, the MMLP2 is a good album!" and see Eminem grasp at relevance by saying "yeah, Kendrick Lamar's verse on 'Control' was great!" when NOBODY gives a fuck about that verse right now, not even Kendrick, who smashed his face into the backboard when trying to slam dunk his dis verse to Drake in the BET Cipher, and is now backpedalling and saying "Drake's cool, his album is cool, I was jes playin, you know how rap is" like he's trying to be the Game. Respect: dwindling.
This might just be the worst post anyone has made on a rap messageboard ever. Even by Future Benderama standards its pretty fucking cringeworthy.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

this is the worst cd ever but ass like that is top ten post 2003 eminem song.. lol ok

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i must not know shit about rap because after a few listens i think the cd isnt half bad, a couple songs id lose of course, but as a whole its pretty refreshing from a 2013 eminem, im pretty sure im the only one that feels that way on here but fuck it also heres the full song and i think he kills this as well lol :owens:

[/quote]

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Dusty Fingers wrote:Refuse to believe people actually checked for this
ikr

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

tehgiftofgab wrote:i must not know shit about rap because after a few listens i think the cd isnt half bad, a couple songs id lose of course, but as a whole its pretty refreshing from a 2013 eminem, im pretty sure im the only one that feels that way on here but fuck it
I'm listening twice a day and fucking love it :bork:

All the things I stated earlier turned out to be true about the album, it's fucking wild. If Recovery had him back at 50% then this is Eminem back to at least 80-90% which is incredible in 2013, and then ON TOP OF THAT this road-to-redemption story he actually delivered on is what does it for me.

Dude had the guts to explicitly state his humbled intention to get back up. That's putting everything on the line, especially in the face of jaded cynical motherfuckers like the :phila: that's bound to condescend and misconstrue anything earnest/positive (like someone fighting themselves back from a crisis). And yet he steps everything up exactly like he said and those who are open to appreciate the strength of that rightfully do, and those who are unable to hear it, that's on you. The way I'm hearing this album it'll be a fucking classic to me in the future.

Arrow this post if you want, I couldn't care any less. Bottom line: LIFE IS GOOD. FUCK Y'ALL :cheers:

MB, you're letting this place get to you man, I hate to see it. Your tone is getting ugly lately and you're way off-point as far as what both Eminem and Kendrick did/said.

step one

Post by step one »

You're seriously overthinking this album. An album dropping in early November with a lead single featuring Rihanna is strictly a cash cow for Interscope and nothing more. Trying to suggest it represents some sort of artistic growth or return to form (a form that was last noteworthy about 10 years ago) is ridiculous.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

The Frankest wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:i must not know shit about rap because after a few listens i think the cd isnt half bad, a couple songs id lose of course, but as a whole its pretty refreshing from a 2013 eminem, im pretty sure im the only one that feels that way on here but fuck it

All the things I stated earlier turned out to be true about the album, it's fucking wild. If Recovery had him back at 50% then this is Eminem back to at least 80-90% which is incredible in 2013, and then ON TOP OF THAT this road-to-redemption story he actually delivered on is what does it for me.

Dude had the guts to explicitly state his humbled intention to get back up. That's putting everything on the line, especially in the face of jaded cynical motherfuckers like the :phila: that's bound to condescend and misconstrue anything earnest/positive (like someone fighting themselves back from a crisis). And yet he steps everything up exactly like he said and those who are open to appreciate the strength of that rightfully do, and those who are unable to hear it, that's on you. The way I'm hearing this album it'll be a fucking classic to me in the future.

Arrow this post if you want, I couldn't care any less. Bottom line: LIFE IS GOOD. FUCK Y'ALL :cheers:

MB, you're letting this place get to you man, I hate to see it. Your tone is getting ugly lately and you're way off-point as far as what both Eminem and Kendrick did/said.

:leon:

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Em has become too super-duper lyrical for his own good. While technically proficient and often times incredible, all the things he does with internal rhyme, changing cadence mid-line, and bending words to make them rhyme is not a fun listening experience.

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

I fucking HATE his new...'stop-start flow'

shit is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

The album is..whatever...

I hate zero expectations for it, meh.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this track is alright

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

The Frankest wrote:

:ohsh: this place has NO effect on my life, homie. I don't, and CAN'T, talk about my life on here without people rambling shit. I have to thank you for talking about "my tone", because I know it seems like I'm becoming "bitter". But I'm NOT. I just WON'T tolerate what I think is bullshit anymore. I used to let things slide. Now, I say what I think, and move on. I represent Love, Truth, Justice and Fearlessness. If I see something that opposes Love, etc. I will talk some shit on it, if I feel like. And I won't think twice about it. MOST OF HIP HOP CULTURE IS UNHEALTHY TO ME. I feel no ways in calling out fuckory. But:

I'm sooooo good. I live my dreams daily. Last night, I saw DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Scratch Bastid, DJ Four Color Zack ( :ohsh: DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS LEGEND) and a free performance by Skillz at the Redbull World DJ Championship. I perform at and host the Pete Rock and CL Smooth/Camp Lo show Monday. Kanye's on Tuesday. I'm OKAY, man. I LOVE my life, and Philaflava has NO effect on me or my perception of hip hop culture.

That being said: ALL my criticism of 'MMLP2' is primarily based on me comparing it to 1) past Eminem classics, and 2) how good OR BAD this new Eminem music can merge with the hip hop culture of 2013. I don't think it does so very well. The beats on this new album are mostly very bad and do not really show the future of production in any way. Drake's album? Yup. Lots of people have, and will, steal the production style of 40 and 'Nothing Was the Same', because it's cutting edge and fresh. I don't find any of Eminem's beats on this album to be really innovative. There's no Dr. Dre funk on it? :naswtf: Does he remember that 'Kill You' is one of Dr. Dre's best beats ever, and 'Kill You' was on MMLP? Eminem musta forgot.

And the rhymes? Well... he's not as confused and neurotic as he was last album, but he's still wrapped in his bubble, his gargantuan ego, and his Detroit mansion, and he doesn't invite ANYONE into his world to rap with him, except Kendrick Lamar, and that song is fucking HORRIBLE to me. Just atrocious. Eminem's clever and chaotic confusion in expressing yet concealing his latent homosexuality is going to be an amazing course one day at Harvard, mark my words. But his rapping? It's good. He can still turn a phrase on its head and his vocal range is stronger than ever. He can even technically sing better than Drake. Too bad he doesn't have any love in his life to sing about. It's REALLY good Eminem apologized to his mother. He needs to apologize to HIMSELF though. Because he doesn't rhyme for hip hop anymore. He rhymes only for his ego, and/or whatever he thinks he needs to do to keep Interscope money flowing in forever.

This is not a good Eminem album at all, even if he hasn't technically lost his skill to rhyme. Marshall Mathers needs professional help, as a human being. That's all I hear on MMLP2.

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
'Kill You' is one of Dr. Dre's best beats ever,
You have the worst taste in music
He can even technically sing better than Drake. Too bad he doesn't have any love in his life to sing about.

It's REALLY good Eminem apologized to his mother.

He needs to apologize to HIMSELF though. Because he doesn't rhyme for hip hop anymore.

and that's All Worst Everything 2013 in the bag before the voting even started. Congrats.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Holy shit mindbender do you really think anyones going to read all of that

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Kony Montana wrote:Holy fuck, this album is terrible. Can we start a forum pool to buy the house on the cover and burn it down?
http://www.freep.com/article/20131107/E ... hers-lp-II

Fire damages Eminem's boyhood home pictured on 'Marshall Mathers LP 2'

oddly enough, it didn't burn down and the fire department actually showed up to extinguish it.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

tehgiftofgab wrote:Holy shit mindbender do you really think anyones going to read all of that
:rofl: people whose attention spans haven't been obliterated by lazyness will not mind reading some really smart shit.

I read all of what The Frankest wrote. NBD. Geniuses can absorb a lot of information in a short period of time.

I have faith in you! Also, I'm doing detailed analysis on the MMLP2 album, not talking about other :phila: eople. c'mon, son

I'm not the "Bad Guy". But I DO have an "Evil Twin" :ff: :lol:

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

Neuro wrote:this track is alright

The bonus tracks are better than most of the album tracks. They're a bit less 'radio-friendly'.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Groundhog day is fucking crazy

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

MMLP2 sold 792,000 copies in its first week - making it the second highest selling album of 2013 behind JT

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

so that officially makes him better than jay-z , right?!

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

TheTed wrote:MMLP2 sold 792,000 copies in its first week - making it the second highest selling album of 2013 behind JT
Not suprised. I've even seen commercials for it on TV. In 2013! Insane.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Enjoyed that. Time for BTNH reunion.