Copywrite goes to jail and puts out a new album.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Piff Tannen

Re: Copywrite goes to jail and puts out a new album.

Post by Piff Tannen »

Philaflava wrote:All the people talking aren't saying anything positive and I doubt any run out any support the project. It just adds gas to that black cloud that constantly looms.
^this, i hope he got a coupla videos in the can to have released or something to push the album while hes in, cuz even if its awesome, a 90 second video of copywrite going into jail/work release/summer camp won't keep it on our minds too much.

also, hes doing less than 5 months, why wouldnt he just wait to release it til closer to when hes out, so he could put an energetic push into it?

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

copys highest point in the raps was getting asher roths attention and that aint even saying much,

Dids

Post by Dids »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:High Exhaulted still one of the better punchline albums to ever be put out.
I wouldn't go that far, but I'm always surprised by how much I tend to enjoy songs from it when they pop up. It's just so hard to separate that from :copy: and other public humiliations when the album is so full of ego.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:copys highest point in the raps was getting asher roths attention and that aint even saying much,
Was there ever even really confirmed? Didn't Copy just take generic wack MCs dissing from a Roth track that predated Copy's original Roth dis and then promoted it as Roth firing shots? Or did Roth really come at him and I'm completely misinformed?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

He's 35 years old, and making YouTube videos bragging about doing time for drink driving. I'm embarrassed for the guy.

myself

Post by myself »

I came across a story in The Columbus Dispatch that said he had at least 5 OVI/DUIs, accompanied by several pics of him posing shirtless with his bronytail. I know that he had a video that supposedly used police footage of one of his arrests (apparently his 3rd or 4th) along with him rapping in a local parking garage a couple years back.

I had a (Ohio) OVI stop a few years back. Unless something has changed a first conviction is mandatory 3 days in jail or a paid treatment thing in a hotel (around 500 bucks for a shared room), plus the fines and suspensions. At least a couple grand out of pocket plus no license for 6 mos (I think). I couldn't imagine having 5. Dude seems pretty lost.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

I had always thought DUI penalties were way more loose than what's being said in this thread. Mandatory jail time for first offenses? Jesus. Might just be that I'm from a town of alchies though.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

myself

Post by myself »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:I had always thought DUI penalties were way more loose than what's being said in this thread. Mandatory jail time for first offenses? Jesus. Might just be that I'm from a town of alchies though.
Varies by state law and income.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
#KREE
:lol:

Forgot about that.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:copys highest point in the raps was getting asher roths attention and that aint even saying much,
Was there ever even really confirmed? Didn't Copy just take generic wack MCs dissing from a Roth track that predated Copy's original Roth dis and then promoted it as Roth firing shots? Or did Roth really come at him and I'm completely misinformed?
i always thought that joint silly boy was a copy reply i may be wrong tho..

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

I thought Copywrite was Christian rapper now. Did that phase already come and go?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
i always thought that joint silly boy was a copy reply i may be wrong tho..
It wasn't, I believe that song pre-dates Copy's diss and Copy just promoted it as a response to him.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

https://powerbarernie.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Copy had been releasing new music as Powerbar Ernie and I didn't find this out until today?
The newest album "I am Not Groceries" has a release date of 2018, and there's even a DJ Khaled jet ski sample in "Smoking Rock Parts 1 & 2" (which also shares a famous Lucy Ford era Atmosphere sample source for the beat).

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

https://powerbarernie.bandcamp.com/album/t-i-t-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new album

Versive

Post by Versive »

Multiple n bombs in 2018, possibly one with a hard "er" and a "spic" for good measure.
I wanted to like this. Clearly, he didn't want me to.

:copy:

Post by 907 »

Jesus Christ, this is fucking awful. Like, I'm shocked that he actually put this out at all. I don't understand what he's even going for at all, is it supposed to be funny?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.