Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow (2014 Album)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Neuro

Re: Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow (2014 Album)

Post by Neuro »

its a dope chillin album

hiphop heads are too hard on the wu

shits not that bad at all

its damn good for a bunch of old farts that hardly get along

binary

Post by binary »

This shit mostly sucks, but so does most of hip hop nowadays. I will say that "we will fight" and "necklace" gave me some chills though - some pretty interesting moments on this record..amongst tons of crap. The production is damn interesting, even if a lot of it sucks, and Raekwon sounds great over some of these beats. "crushed egos" is :ohsh: , Rae kills it.

Edit: I'm changing my opinion on this, it's better than 8 diagrams. "Miracle" SHOULD be corny as all fucking hell, but only Wu could execute it and make it into such a dope song....some really dope moments on here..."mistaken identity" holy shit.
Last edited by binary on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Fuck so this is shit

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

i like it for the most part. its not amazing, lots of mediocrity but some of the tracks are really good

ZiekeFons

Post by ZiekeFons »

awful

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

uh naw

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

It's shite. I listened to it twice and thought "yeah, I've heard worse", but that's the best thing I can say about it. The production is terrible. I dunno who this album was made for.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Sigma wrote:It's shite. I listened to it twice and thought "yeah, I've heard worse", but that's the best thing I can say about it. The production is terrible. I dunno who this album was made for.
haha oh shyt

I've never seen Sigma posting in M2C

Haven't listened to the album, and not planning on doing so anytime soon. I used to be a huge Wu-Tang fan, but I don't know what happened over the years. Their earlier work is inaccessible to me because I listened to it too much and the newer stuff is well, trash.

Caught in-between a rock and a hard place.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

This album is fucking great to me.
Fuck what anyone says, this music is wild, raw and beautiful.
It's so NOT hip hop in 2014, which makes it the MOST HIP HOP album of the year for me!
I listened all the way to Necklace, and loved most if not all of EVERY song except Keep Watch, which is still mediocre, but has good Meth on it. This is grown human music, the kids have enough fake fuckboy rap to listen to. I'm sooooo glad :wutang: didn't try anything "modern" at all. Never have, never will. This is a wonderful note for them to go out on for me, if they never make another family album again. Just like 36 Chambers, it's like nothing else in the year it was created.
It's like a slightly less grimey version of The W to me, and for that, I'm :bow:

And I'm not saying I love it just because I performed Method Man's verse on Protect Ya Neck with Ghostface and Cappadonna on stage last night :ignore: :ghostface: :rockout:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

album is growing on me

some of the chorus are ehh but the versus make up for it

the album really switches up a lot as it plays, even within the tracks

its growing on me more, ive liked it, but now its marinating

i will say i was expecting something much more grimey with what was done by raekwon, ghost, INS/w czarface, and the whole 20th anniversary thing going on, but this fits the theme of the album of "a better tomorrow" almost a Roots fusion to the album

i'll be bumpin it more fo sho

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

for me personally

METHOD MAN, shines the most on the album right now

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

OK ANOTHER RANT

for wu , they are pretty mainstream now even if not "popular"

us as music nerds are spoiled with so much music that we might overlook the quality of what they are doing within their realm

RESPECT that.
Last edited by Neuro on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

you motherfuckers hating on wu

piss me off

the end.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Is it as good as Resident Evil 6 though?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Neuro wrote:you motherfuckers hating on wu

piss me off

the end.
I fucks witcha :cheers:

Realest album in years. No ignorant trap bounce fuckboy ignorant dumbed down hot garbage. Just beats and rhymes and life and death to the wack MC. Which none of :wutang: is on A Better Tomorrow.

Best hip hop group of all time. Nobody made a religion like WuTang Clan.

Method Man, let em know who's New York's Finest!" - Rza :bow: indeed
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

So, who deleted my post ITT, and why? It's not even like I said anything terrible, just that this album blows.

If I had to guess, I'd say Ardy, though I haven't seen him in here too much. What gives, team?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

To quote Shaggy, "it wasn't me" and / or "zoinks". About when did you post it? We're gettin' the year end stuff ready so there's a bit to go through, but after a casual glance I didn't see anything in the log files for admins / moderators. Are ya sure your comment went through originally?

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

i deleted it with my penis. don't diss wu

Brayden

Post by Brayden »

This album is fire. A few of the hooks are weak, but they started to grow on me a bit after repeated listens.
The Essence of Rap and Hip-Hop - for the latest underground hip-hop album reviews.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Albums def a grower. Not their finest work but what act 20 years later is cranking out classics?

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

rappers aren't infallible. this album is boring. artists fall off all the time.

seagrams hotsauce

TheBigSleep wrote:To quote Shaggy, "it wasn't me" and / or "zoinks". About when did you post it? We're gettin' the year end stuff ready so there's a bit to go through, but after a casual glance I didn't see anything in the log files for admins / moderators. Are ya sure your comment went through originally?
Yup. I thought for a second it might not have, but before I posted above I clicked "View your posts," and lo and behold, this topic was in the list.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Wu-Tang Clan is my favorite group/artists of all-time, yet I have very little desire to hear this album. I don't download music, so the only way I'll hear it is if I buy it. And that isn't happening. Sad.

As I get older, my enthusiasm for new hip hop wanes. Particularly albums that get shitted on as hard as this.

Assuming the album is crap, it really is no surprise. As someone stated earlier, they are all in their early 40s and hardly see one another. Their energy and passion are gone - like 95% of hip hop artists from the early 90s.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/12/01/ ... ang-album/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:So, who deleted my post ITT, and why? It's not even like I said anything terrible, just that this album blows.

If I had to guess, I'd say Ardy, though I haven't seen him in here too much. What gives, team?
You're not that important and plus, you're right I haven't been on here much lately. Been busy.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Versive

Post by Versive »

I haven't listened to the album yet, but tomorrow on my way home from work I'm going to stop at Best Buy and purchase it, because when it comes to the :wutang: I exercise brand loyalty.

seagrams hotsauce

ardamus wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:So, who deleted my post ITT, and why? It's not even like I said anything terrible, just that this album blows.

You're not that important and plus, you're right I haven't been on here much lately. Been busy.
:lol: I love that Ardy chose to hate me for no discernable reason

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

New Ghostface is much better.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Nah, this :wutang: is actually good. In the grand scheme of what makes a good album, this has IT.

And history will be kind to this album, I bet. They made something special, once again.

It's not perfect, but that's what makes it even better. It's WAY better than anyone should have expected, Wu fan or not. It's very creative. And it honors Wu Tang tradition in every necessary way. It's probably their best album since "Forever", and only better than "The W" because it's longer. There's barely any weak music on this shit. Fuck what ya heard and read online: WU TANG CLAN STILL AIN'T NUTTIN TA FUCK WIT :rockout:

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Listened to it once straight through and it def has some good moments. The rhymes are overall pretty good, although some of the production may be a bit much for me- only time will tell if I can get into it.

Preacher's Daughter is horrific, though. God, I'm considering deleting that straight off my phone. Miracle is equally as cringe worthy.