Re: Nicki Minaj - Chiraq (ft. Lil herb)/ The Pink Print Albu

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

So, the album leaked. As we speak I'm going through a first listen. What are your first impressions?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Yohan wrote:What are your first impressions?
- Drake took YOLO from Furl but at least reached out to Mrs. Hicks & J-Diggs. Nicki & Beyonce doing the will.i.am on this
- Nicki/Drizzy/Wayne have a hip house song. I kinda fuck w/ it

Kace

Post by Kace »

:jerk: :jiz:
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

What sticks out to me is how bad Drake is at dressing. He can't even do all-black right. SMH

ADR

Post by ADR »

Kace wrote::jerk: :jiz:
Yes, but that is Cubana Lust.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

feelin myself is fire. also feelin 'want some more', '4 door aventador', 'shanghai'. & meek mill kills 'big daddy'.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

The beat to Feelin Myself is insane but the hook is awful IMO.

The good songs on the album are some of the best songs she has ever made. But the majority of the album, as expected, is cheap pop and lame ballads. So it's basically like every Nicki Minaj album but a bit better because the peaks are higher.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

can't blame bey if you're not feelin yourself.
world stop.

carry on.

what you're describing is the first album or the re-up EP. she makes pop songs and then goes hard on the verses. tryna please everybody. of course you & me are waiting for the rap songs.

the second album has a different format. it's split into two, with the rap songs all together right at the beginning. then tons of pop, then stupid hoe.

like i said above i was just hoping for 4 or 5 new rap songs off here. got a lil more than that so i'm happy.
get on your knees.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote: The good songs on the album are some of the best songs she has ever made. But the majority of the album, as expected, is cheap pop and lame ballads. So it's basically like every Nicki Minaj album but a bit better because the peaks are higher.
my expectations in a :jiz: shell :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

:jiz: :jiz: :jiz: :jiz: :jiz:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:can't blame bey if you're not feelin yourself.
world stop.

carry on.
:cheers:

hustler

Post by hustler »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
:jiz: :jiz: :jiz: :jiz: :jiz:
#EXTREMECREAMDREAMS
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

considering this album was one of the most hyped and anticipated albums of the year... this is FLOPTASTIC
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Things aren't 'flops' just because you don't like them bender.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

seagrams hotsauce wrote:Things aren't 'flops' just because you don't like them bender.
nah, I'll probably like this album more than the other two platinum flops she dropped.

Nicki seems to have grown a TINY bit more on this album, and she at least tried to make a semi-coherent concept this time (the fuck was Roman Zolansky :roll: about anyways? do you still care? i hope not :rofl: )

still: "The Pinkprint"? Girlfriend, that's not as catchy as you think it is. "The Blueprint" was a classic. Critically and commercially. Even though it came out on motherfucking September 11th, 2001. It still went on to change the game in a variety of ways, as well as introducing Just Blaze and Kanye West to hip hop.

What are going to be the future repercussions from "The Pinkprint"? Do you think this album will "change the game" for female rap, or rap in general? Did Nicki Minaj drop a classic LP just now? Be real with yourself. Is Cash Money Records going to be collecting a bunch of awards for this album come Grammy time? How many timeless songs are on this new album? You tell me. How many quotables will emerge from Nicki's 2014 LP? I know that Jay-Z's 2001 album still resonates now. "Takeover" and "Ether" are still mentioned by rappers today, a decade later! Nicki Minaj has ideas that came out this year that people forgot forever :lol:

oh, and things ARE flops, when they sold the LEAST amount of records ever in their whole career, and they will have the hardest time climbing to platinum they ever did, because Pink Friday did 375,000 first week, Roman Reloaded did 253,000 its first week, and the Pinkprint album is expected to do around 175,000 in the first week... so, for an album that has been getting promoted HEAVILY since 'Pillz n Potionz' dropped in like May and 'Anaconda' became the biggest video of the year on YouTube or whatever whatever... uhhhh, YEAH, bruh. Seeing as how this is one of the MOST anticipated rap albums of 2014, I do believe that Birdman is thinking that THE PINKPRINT IS A FLOP :omar:

step one

Post by step one »

thats an alarming amount of knowledge about the sales figures of an artist you dont seem to like.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

what's drake movin these days?
1. Nas
2. Drake

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I do like how Bender brings up record sales when discussing either a.) rappers it has crushes on b.) rappers it has vendettas against. If a rapper Bender likes doesn't sell, the subject doesn't get mentioned and Bender will go into "artistic integrity" mode.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

IMO if she wants to talk about being the best rapper in the game shes going to have to put out a rapalbum. This "little bit of this, little bit of that"-albumformula is rightly being criticized by a lot of reviewers. And almost no one, as far as I can tell, likes her cheesy singing, so who is it even for?? It's not the wack ballads or corny lovesongs that is being used to market the album either, so I doubt she would be selling less if she stopped her awful singing as long as she keeps doing appearences for Tiesto and the like.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

seagrams hotsauce

Citing the sales dropping album to album isn't really indicative of this being a flop either, considering how that's generally how music sales have been affected over time anyway. It's likely still gonna be in the top 3 and it's being pretty well received critically. Unless anything that isn't a huge hit is a flop, this isn't a flop. You can't always validate your opinion as fact, bender.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^ya no one's doing the same numbers anymore. I think, i duno the stats.

I'm with you CQ in that i wanna hear her do a rap album. In fact i'm secretly hoping sales slow down so as to prompt her to change direction. But her claim to be number 1 is about as solid as drake's. He's putting out equally soft .albums. ñot bad im saying czuse i ride or die for OVO -- but lotta love songs on there.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Gyangsta 4 Life

You might be conflating 'soft' with 'pop', though. Drake's never put out a song as desperate for the radio as 'Super Bass'. Even when he does go pop, the shit still sounds like Drake. Like he wrote the song. With Nicki, you get the impression she just bought a pre-fabricated techno track w/ chorus and stuck three verses on it.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Nicki's best single IMO was "High School". Radio-friendly but it still bangs. She should stay in that lane.

Gyangsta 4 Life

seagrams hotsauce wrote:Citing the sales dropping album to album isn't really indicative of this being a flop either, considering how that's generally how music sales have been affected over time anyway.
This isn't really true. Didn't Taylor Swift just do like 1.3 mill last month? Biggest first week ever, numbers that would've been unheard of in the 90s. J Cole just had a huge week too. The audience is more discerning than it used to be.

Nicki's sales are pretty much proof that she's lost credibility as an album artist and now only exists as fodder for rubbernecking.

seagrams hotsauce

I said generally - The Swift album outperformed sales in any genre of the entire year, and Cole did better than average for rap's usual first week sales. My point was ~200k first week is not 'flop' level by any means.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I do like how Bender brings up record sales when discussing either a.) rappers it has crushes on b.) rappers it has vendettas against. If a rapper Bender likes doesn't sell, the subject doesn't get mentioned and Bender will go into "artistic integrity" mode.
it matters when talking about NICKI MINAJ.

Birdman puts a LOT of money into that illusion! You guys think her ass and her tits didn't cost MILLIONS? :larry:

I don't give a fuck about record sales, especially when albums as HORRIBLE as Nicki's first two albums are platinum.

But you can't pretend artists on THIS level are not seen as INVESTMENTS. And the return-on-investment for Floppy Minaj has just run red instead of black. Artists on major labels are gambles. And one Drake or one Taylor Swift covers allll the next ten flops that a record label signs. And Cash Money? Are you fucking joking? All those artists want to leave the label now because the only people who get release dates or any respect are the people WHO EARN THEM SOME MONEY OR FAME ala Drake, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj. Where is Cory Gunz record? Shelved, sadly. Where is Shad Moss/Bow Wow's record? Shelved, happily. Where is Tyga's record? About to get leaked. Where is Limp Bizkit's record? Shelved, logically. Where is Paris Hilton's record? In the garbage, possibly. Where is Lil Twist's record? You don't want to know, do you?

Yo bros: DRAKE keeps the whole CM/YM boat afloat. Nicki Minaj can't be making albums that trickle to platinum but cost $5 million in marketing and promotion and production. After a while, shit starts changing up. She stops putting out records, and starts pushing a clothing line and perfume and make up a LOT harder than usual, or doing all kinda exclusive shows for secret weirdo celebrities and foreign oil sheiks and charging half a mil and a milli per appearance.

Artist integrity ALWAYS matters. Which is why Nicki had to try and come with some kind of real idea this time. Her fake ass Roman Zolansky nonsensical bullshit didn't even appeal to her core fans, it was probably the most idiotic alter-ego ever. Now she tries to bite off Jay-Z for the Pinkprint, which doesn't even make too much sense yet again. No Jay-Z cameo. No Jay-Z tribute in any way. No Jay-Z knack for making clever songs that capture any type of modern zeitgeist. Nothing about The Pinkprint can be compared to The Blueprint, not on any level whatsoever.

THAT'S REALLY WHY IT'S A FLOP

the fact that it was pretty much the most hyped major label rap album of the year and had NUFF promotion and advanced hype is just an extra bonus reason why it's a failure out the gate
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:Citing the sales dropping album to album isn't really indicative of this being a flop either, considering how that's generally how music sales have been affected over time anyway.
This isn't really true. Didn't Taylor Swift just do like 1.3 mill last month? Biggest first week ever, numbers that would've been unheard of in the 90s. J Cole just had a huge week too. The audience is more discerning than it used to be.

Nicki's sales are pretty much proof that she's lost credibility as an album artist and now only exists as fodder for rubbernecking
:copy: :cheers:

Artists don't come more fabricated and fake than Nicki Minaj. I'm at least happy she stopped grinning like a Cheshire Cat on crack for this album promo run. She's obviously talented, but she is gassed up so much it's sad. Tits and ass don't make you a legendary MC, girl. DOPE SONGS DO. And Lil Kim and Foxy Brown both have waaaay more bangers than you do, so slow down with all your "Greatest Female Rapper Ever" talk. Elliott Wilson needs to pull the nozzle out the tank when you try to gas yourself up so much

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

You make a strong point about investment. Baby can't be ecstatic about those numbers. But you're placing all the blame for non record smashing sales on nicki. Remember, a label like cash money is a machine. Tswift is scooping up all the barbies rn.

Every time a new album is announced nicki says its gonna be a hardcore rap record. Then predictably we get a genre collage. You're acting like this is her artistic vision? It's birdman's bro.

Last decade lotta ppl said waynes the best based off mixtapes remember.
1. Nas
2. Drake

hustler

Post by hustler »

album sales dont mean shit. we all know who the best rapper alive is.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex