Cannibal Ox reform for a show

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Cannibal Ox reform for a show

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Well-executed imaginative concept? "My favorite rock band was Iron Maiden." Profound, god!

I'm really happy that Vordul sounds good.
when's the last time someone rapped with a singular word?

it's been a minute since I heard a rapper do a verse with a fun lil idea like that. Big up to Vast for doing him. Y'all haters sound mad lame sometimes. ALL the verses are great on that song. All of them. Not just 2 of them.

I am only replying to you, because I also completely agree: I'M REALLY HAPPY VORDUL SOUNDS HEALTHY AND GOOD :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLG

Post by DLG »

http://www.factmag.com/2015/02/13/canni ... the-ronin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: I'M REALLY HAPPY VORDUL SOUNDS HEALTHY AND GOOD :cheers:
No thanks to Alaska. That fat fuck openly turned his back on vordul when he was out in the street in Harlem begging for money. He had absolutely no shame about it either. That was by far the most disgusting thing I've ever read on :phila:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

im really looking forward to this now

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: I'M REALLY HAPPY VORDUL SOUNDS HEALTHY AND GOOD :cheers:
No thanks to Alaska. That fat fuck openly turned his back on vordul when he was out in the street in Harlem begging for money. He had absolutely no shame about it either. That was by far the most disgusting thing I've ever read on :phila:
You know not what you post and, frankly, you're lying, 2015 Double Crowner Bitch.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:
You know not what you post and, frankly, you're lying, 2015 Double Crowner Bitch.
How am I lying? Everything I wrote is 100% true. Alaska smugly said that he didn't feel the need to help Vordul at all, because he "hadn't talked to him in awhile".

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee wrote:
How am I lying? Everything I wrote is 100% true. Alaska smugly said that he didn't feel the need to help Vordul at all, because he "hadn't talked to him in awhile".
By lying.; stop posting and go help your mom select ecofriendly plaster for her latest & greatest in Wallpaper World.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:
Employee wrote:
By lying.; stop posting and go help your mom select ecofriendly plaster for her latest & greatest in Wallpaper World.
Stop defending your boss and being bias. Be real for once...

DLG

Post by DLG »

other than the beat being ok, but not really cannibal ox-y, everything about this stinks.

vordul sounds like he's rapping over a different beat and tame one sounds terrible too.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

that track is great

everything ive heard so far is most def better than thought it would turn out

vordul always raps like that, same with tame

Versive

Post by Versive »

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Free bar

ian e

Post by ian e »

Album is streaming in full now: https://soundcloud.com/ihiphop-distribu ... -the-ronin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

hahaha this album is horrible , but funny at most times

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

im a sucker for that artifacts and u-god collabo

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

It's ok. On first few listens it's like 6.5-7/10

Beats are kinda simplistic, going for that spacey sound like the first album, but nowhere close to the same execution. The samples are not as complex, simple layering of the beats as far as I can tell. Vast Aire's voice used to be tolerable, but now it is just grating to me. The first album the beats were so booming and tremendous that he was more of a backdrop, but now his voice is at the forefront. There's a few nice tracks, including the Black Milk beat, but on the whole uninspiring.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

aeokq wrote:Beats are kinda simplistic, going for that spacey sound like the first album, but nowhere close to the same execution.
the tragic thing here is that el-p is more active now than he's been in the past decade, and he's really been bringing heat.

they should have found a way to rope him into the project.

better idea, is someone should take the acapellas and incorporate into the numerous beats used in R.A.P. Music, RTJ1 & RTJ2
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Wanted to love this album but I can't see myself listening again.

*waits for the vordul-only version again. :cas:

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

salvation is the worst beat on entire album

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

I kind of dig it on first listen. Not fair to compare it to Cold Vein, but as a stand alone piece it's pretty solid.

Vordul sounds a little out of it to me. Vast is Vast. I don't think he's any more or less annoying than he's been in years. Probably a little more listenable to me than usual, but not quite as good as he was on CV. A few of the beats are definitely suspect, but they're not terrible on the whole. Definitely not El-P quality stuff, but they're not terrible. I'd rather they go with beats than try to change their sound totally and get better beats that don't fit their sound. My main gripes would probably be a few too many guests, and some of the better beats are on like intro, interludes, etc and some of the beats on the album should've been swapped out. I'd probably give it something like a 7.5/10 and will definitely give it a few listens.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i agree , not bad at all, pretty pretty dope for what it is

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

im diggin this album

but

maybe someone should make a kickstarter to get el-p to remix the album?

seems the only reason why heads cared was for el-p?

Versive

Post by Versive »

Neuro wrote:im diggin this album

but

maybe someone should make a kickstarter to get el-p to remix the album?

seems the only reason why heads cared was for el-p?
The man could've gotten what, $1 million in crowd funding to do an all-cats remix to Run The Jewels 2, but instead gave it all to charity. Right? Whatever happened with that?

Anyway, I doubt the reason he's not working with Can Ox has anything to do with money at this point. Though, of course, it'd be nice to hear them link back up for at least a song or two.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Versive wrote:I doubt the reason he's not working with Can Ox has anything to do with money at this point.
from what I gather Vast's rep is pretty low at this point, lotta shady shit and burned bridges apparently
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:cheap:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

THE ART OF OX

100% wu tang inspired beat, with an overall killabee emceez cannibal ox boom bap BANGER

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

soap opera readers clean your slate, non believers keep believing your hate

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Definitely in this for the new Vordul verses. He's rapping better than I thought he'd be in 2015. I liked quite a few of the beats too.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »