The Elzhi Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Jedisdope

The Elzhi Thread

Post by Jedisdope »

He's one of the most talented rappers today imo. I didn't see a thread. I started one.

His new album was supposed to come out in Feb, then May. Now it's June.

Any word on progress / official release date?

http://elzhi.com/news/2015/februar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

ChaMerZ

Re: The Elzhi Thread

Post by ChaMerZ »

i just remember him from when he was remixing illmatic. i recall downloading his first mixtape / album but never got around to listening to it. just might rectify that now ...

good drop
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dap

Post by Dap »

The illmatic remix album was actually pretty dope

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Dap wrote:The illmatic remix album was actually pretty dope
Word, I wanted to not like it, but it was good. Elzhi is def talented, but I haven't heard much from him lately.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Elzhi is undoubtedly one of the best lyricists presently working, he just slacks on his output. I helped fund his kickstarter for the new album like two years ago and he hasn't dropped it yet. No real excuse for that shit.

And while Elmatic was solid, for anyone just checking his stuff, I'd recommend europass as the best starting point.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

samdoom wrote:Elzhi is undoubtedly one of the best lyricists presently working, he just slacks on his output. I helped fund his kickstarter for the new album like two years ago and he hasn't dropped it yet. No real excuse for that shit.

And while Elmatic was solid, for anyone just checking his stuff, I'd recommend europass as the best starting point.
I remember europass being real good, which was like a mixtape. Then he dropped The Preface, which was an album, and I remember it being a letdown. I think he lost a lot of steam based off that. Haven't listened to either in a while tho.

Elmatic was good, but when it comes down to it, it's still a remake of another man's work.

Edit: If you are just starting out listening to him I'd start with the witness my growth mixtape, and then check out europass after that.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

I also started at Witness my Growth, which is a great mixtape. I hated the very concept of Elmatic--hip hop karaoke. Vitamins, the Colors Remix, and Time Travel are my favorite joints from him