Troy Ave vs. Joey Bada$$

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Re: Troy Ave vs. Joey Bada$$

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:imo this board is too afraid of coming off like "boom bap dinosaurs" to embrace joey. which is weird cause when only "survival tactics" & some stuff was out they were on the TIP (remember dat?)
I think that's more due to the board skewing older and not being susceptible to how pandering Joey Badass is to that boom-bap crowd. His whole career is engineered to appeal to borks and Wicked types. Phila has always gravitated towards stuff that's the logical next step in boom bap eg Troy Ave, Roc Marciano etc. JB very consciously tries to appeal to 90s golden age obsessees by cribbing from that era and wearing his influences on his sleeve
...as of "1999"

....... which was right around the time he was liked here. make no mistake: "survival tactics" got jocked on :phila: . EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE FORGOTTEN.

i get it, people lost interest cause he sounded unoriginal. i lost interest too. it took a couple of my friends who don't fuck w/ messageboards telling me peep his new shit til i actually got around to it. the kid is actually evolving. :phila: just isn't hip to it cause they labelled him uncool and :lock: 'd the subject.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:imo this board is too afraid of coming off like "boom bap dinosaurs" to embrace joey. which is weird cause when only "survival tactics" & some stuff was out they were on the TIP (remember dat?)
I think that's more due to the board skewing older and not being susceptible to how pandering Joey Badass is to that boom-bap crowd. His whole career is engineered to appeal to borks and Wicked types. Phila has always gravitated towards stuff that's the logical next step in boom bap eg Troy Ave, Roc Marciano etc. JB very consciously tries to appeal to 90s golden age obsessees by cribbing from that era and wearing his influences on his sleeve
...as of "1999"

....... which was right around the time he was liked here. make no mistake: "survival tactics" got jocked on :phila: . EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE FORGOTTEN.

i get it, people lost interest cause he sounded unoriginal. i lost interest too. it took a couple of my friends who don't fuck w/ messageboards telling me peep his new shit til i actually got around to it. the kid is actually evolving. :phila: just isn't hip to it cause they labelled him uncool and :lock: 'd the subject.
Saying he's "evolving" means nothing without posting some of his songs that proves that assertion to be fact...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

peep papertrails & big dusty off his last album
1. Nas
2. Drake

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

TROY AVERAGE TAKES MONSTER L AGAINST NEW YORK EMCEE JOEY BADA$$

Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

dead @ shooting the video on a roof...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^^^ hot song. not gonna peep vid cause i think the production values will be depressing.

joey was ait on sway, actually sputtered at first/couldn't catch the beat. got into it & started bossin after, but imho.......... nobody cares.
1. Nas
2. Drake