The Roots and.....Wilco?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

The Roots and.....Wilco?

Post by Icesickle »

:ohsh:

For 3 dates at least... Makes a little sense being that they're both jam bands that sell records off the word-of-mouth they get from their live performances. Interesting combo, but I'll be giving the gasface if Jeff Tweedy fills in for Cody Chesnutt when the Roots do "Seed 2.0."

http://www.wilcoweb.com/tours/index.html

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Odd mix indeed

aresem

Post by aresem »

am i the only one who doesnt see the significance in Wilco? must be.

Deadguy

Post by Deadguy »

aresem wrote:am i the only one who doesnt see the significance in Wilco?
yep

One downside to living in the wilderness is that there are no concerts.

rrr

Post by rrr »

wilco makes solid music but shouldnt be paired with the roots. i live in cleveland and went to a roots show last summer not even knowing who the headliners were. when i got there i started to see these punk rock faggots and saw that 311 was the other artist. i guessed that 75% of the crowd had no idea who thee roots even were. the roots need to start touring with artists that make more sense with them

indianaJ0nes

Post by indianaJ0nes »

rrr wrote:wilco makes solid music but shouldnt be paired with the roots. i live in cleveland and went to a roots show last summer not even knowing who the headliners were. when i got there i started to see these punk rock faggots and saw that 311 was the other artist. i guessed that 75% of the crowd had no idea who thee roots even were. the roots need to start touring with artists that make more sense with them

fair enough but 311 is nothing close to punk rock.

ill defined

Post by ill defined »

this sounds like a dope idea. i help manage a venue in chicago and we have wilco atleast once a year. this year they are doing a free show for us to raise money for the hurricane katrina fund. i will have to run this pairing past my boss and see what he thinks ::crosses fingers::