Some little joints im doing for some emcees

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hiphopapotamus

Some little joints im doing for some emcees

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

zip
Last edited by Hiphopapotamus on Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

sheesh, you got rappers for all of these? you must be making some decent dough then. at least enough to pay for legit versions of fruityloops and maybe some hardware?

props man. you make some really dope shit. i will peep some of em later this week.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

Dmista

Post by Dmista »

hippo will never give me a beat, no matter how much i step up my rhymes, he steps his production up tenfold.... ill never catch up....

bish

that littlenico one is sexy

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

Dmista wrote:hippo will never give me a beat, no matter how much i step up my rhymes, he steps his production up tenfold.... ill never catch up....

bish

that littlenico one is sexy
haha. dont worry man. i will make one for you in time. it's just now i've been backed up with ehlla shit. well... it's always like that. but trust me im gonna throw something at ya, no kid.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Paaa, Parliment, and City Lights are hard as hell mayng. Bangers...

as always...dope.

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey »

I don't know if you are saving the breaks for better emcees.. but I listened to all these beats a couple times.. and only 1 or 2 had good thumping drums. The patterns are okay, but the sounds are just weak, thin and have no life in them.

Some of your samples are beautiful, but same story, they just don't punch and leave an impression... They are thin and airy, no real substance to them, which make them hard to really get into with a feel. Beef up the eq's, and layer some more things on their to give them some substance.. there is certainly room.

throwing dice is one of the good ones... i like and appreciate that one.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

listened to throwindice because aeon said it was dope...and it is! This one thumps! Props

backdoor is ridiculoid too....you really know how to pick samples! thats what Ive been workin on lately...start with dope and original samples and youre bound to make a dope beat (if you know what youre doin!)

Al-Iteration

Post by Al-Iteration »

i like the beat to the common remix...I've heard that sample before... I really like it though

citylights is ridiculous, i love beats like that...slow soulful knockers...the bassline is sick
brigh and throwin dice are dope
parliament and paa are good

nice job man, those are some lucky emcees, hope they don't fuck it up

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Al-Iteration wrote:i like the beat to the common remix...I've heard that sample before... I really like it though
yeah isn't that sample on the brother ali champion ep?

Al-Iteration

Post by Al-Iteration »

yeah, self taught.

that a capella seems a bit too early, no?