Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

this post is awesome.
you guys are fuckers.
the beatnuts are not wack rappers.
i voted kanye, he's more consistent.

alpha

Post by alpha »

if hell froze over....you'd get a thread like this. with these crazy ass replies.
masta ace>rakim lOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

young nova wrote:
KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:
admiral wrote:
young nova wrote:the beatnuts are weak ass rappers.
they are...i thought he meant on the production side...

Who in Ace's crew was nicer than him? Digga? Unique?
Juju is not a "weak ass rapper"... not great of course but he's had his moments, and for a while his flwo was pretty dope, much better than Kanye's will ever be...
on no planet is juju a better rapper than kanye. .
Wrong. On the planet where Kanye is an overhyped loudmouth/ flash in the pan and destined to work at Wegeman's next year, a.k.a. EARTH, Juju is easily a better rapper than Kanye.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kanye > Psycho Les

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

clark bent wrote:impact yes skill yes...catalog no way

the very best from the three of them puts ace in third place...but as you travel down their repective catalogs...ace doesnt fall off at all while the other two especially nas drop off a friggin cliff

when ALL their music is taken into consideration ace has had the best career imo...and the music is what i rate people on

You and I think exactly alike. No one has ever maintained a consistent level of quality the way Ace has, and years from now, when all of today's emcees are old and gray, Ace will stand out as one of the best because of that consistency. Long Hot Summer will only strengthen his already near-flawless catalogue when it drops.

And as for an Ace album that can fuck with Nas's catalogue:

SlaughtaHouse >> It Was Written & Lost Tapes, and I wouldn't argue with someone who liked it better than Illmatic.

"Jeep Ass Niguh" is better than any uptempo type of track Nas has ever done or will ever do, and "Jack B. Nimble" is better than most of, if not all, of Nas's storytelling songs. That song still sends chills down my spine every time I listen to it.
Last edited by Combo7 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCBwatdown

Post by MCBwatdown »

I love Masta Ace as much as the next person, but the kind of shit people have been bringing up after hearing his not yet released album is fucking absurd. I never knew having an album that hasn't been released yet would propel from you nearly not being talked about to a top 5-10 emcee.

young nova

Post by young nova »

KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:
young nova wrote:
KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:
admiral wrote:
young nova wrote:the beatnuts are weak ass rappers.
they are...i thought he meant on the production side...

Who in Ace's crew was nicer than him? Digga? Unique?
Juju is not a "weak ass rapper"... not great of course but he's had his moments, and for a while his flwo was pretty dope, much better than Kanye's will ever be...
on no planet is juju a better rapper than kanye. .
Wrong. On the planet where Kanye is an overhyped loudmouth/ flash in the pan and destined to work at Wegeman's next year, a.k.a. EARTH, Juju is easily a better rapper than Kanye.
juju has a better chance of working at a wegemans next year then kanye. also on the planet earth juju is certainly not a better rapper than kanye.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

MCBwatdown wrote:I love Masta Ace as much as the next person, but the kind of shit people have been bringing up after hearing his not yet released album is fucking absurd. I never knew having an album that hasn't been released yet would propel from you nearly not being talked about to a top 5-10 emcee.

I've been saying it for years.