Canibus vs. Dizaster discussion

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Piff Tannen wrote:i used to watch the battles over beats back in the day. that shit was cool, but watch a GOOD kotd or GT battle, and then try to go back and watch some dude freestyle over 'we gon make it' for 30 seconds and tell me, with a straight face, that you'd prefer the dude yelling into a microphone, often unintelligibly, some simple punchline over some KOTD bars from cortez or dizaster, etc.

i would :larry: you all day
Exactly.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Versive wrote:
Employee wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I4WXtoONBI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I4WXtoONBI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
:lol:

This guy's the best. I'm going to bump Canibus and Stoupe's Rip The Jacker album today. Fuckit.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqa0N3tKiNk?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqa0N3tKiNk?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
rip the jacker is a really solid album. the production is fucking awesome
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

sean wrote:that ness lee battle was dope.
thanks reason.
u should sign him. i'm not even joking. nvm he prolly has that all sewn up. but damn he's dope:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7uaeVTWgrs?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7uaeVTWgrs?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by Reason on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

a lot of these guys don't rap from what i've seen tho. they rhyme but they're surely not rappers

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ackbar wrote:a lot of these guys don't rap from what i've seen tho. they rhyme but they're surely not rappers
the best battlers are the best songwriters/music-makers

dizaster is a rare exception
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

nocando
ness lee

i guess those are the only two i would definitely check every project for. that dude from canada is nice at makin music too, the dude who made that pothead alien album
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^Loe Pesci

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BrkmIqUXck?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BrkmIqUXck?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

genuine lolz
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Moolah wrote:^Loe Pesci
yea yea he is good at choosing good beats and not having shit in his ears and then being capable of making songs with non-stupid/overtrying concepts and hooks. i like loe pesci as a rapper more than as a battle rapper
Nets 2022

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i meant when they're battling they're not rapping. they're just talking rhyming words or jokes or whatever

i honestly don't care that much to try to talk bad of this scene or whatever. i just ignore it completely. and from what i could tell.. fans of kotd were some of the most upset & the outcome of this battle

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

at i meant to type. not &

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

billy woods had a line about this

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ackbar wrote:i meant when they're battling they're not rapping. they're just talking rhyming words or jokes or whatever

i honestly don't care that much to try to talk bad of this scene or whatever. i just ignore it completely. and from what i could tell.. fans of kotd were some of the most upset & the outcome of this battle
ackbar wrote:a lot of these guys don't rap from what i've seen tho. they rhyme but they're surely not rappers
:arrow:

dude, didn't you have street rap battle like that?
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

lol @ ardy thinking that if people haven't posted in a thread on PF that they haven't watched enough battles to have formed their own opinion on this art form. lol @ him assuming that people who are shitting on the acapella battles aren't aware of the development of this scene in its various incarnations. why so upset bud? there are plenty of people who like this stuff, including most of the emcees that post here. you're in good company. as someone who doesn't rap or produce or pretend to be part of any hip hop scene, i have always found these battles to be insular trash. why do i want to watch a bunch of people snap on each other with inside jokes? i guess i can see the appeal, but personally i always struggled to make it through 3 rds of this stuff. again, not denying the talent of these guys, just don't have any interest in spending my precious time watching it. as a rapper and writer of rhymes, i can understand why you would have an interest in it. as a music fan, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i liked the spontaneity of people freestyling over beats. spending a month writing and doing research on ppl's facebook pages and shit? not my thing.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

let me say this to ppl who are asking us battle rap fans questions as if we are aliens from another planet

you don't have to equate this stuff with your precious rap music and culture if you don't want to. moolah, ardamus, and i don't sit around watching battles b/c it invigorates with the 5 elements of hip hop while we chant jeru the damaja lines. we watch them for what THEY ARE, not for what you non-fans keep trying to identify it as. this is a major problem in life in general - a bunch of faggots not wanting to even try liking something b/c they can't identify with it in their nicely neatly pigeonholed categories

battle rap is fun mainly because it is funny. thus if you dig lyrics and all that comes with lyrics in the context of trying to completely non-physically dismantle your opponent's pride, both inner and perceived by others, then you will like battle rapping. some of the battle rappers will piss you off for being so fucking gay or bad, but the several good ones will really intrigue you b/c you will see that in this completely-separate-from-rap-music field, there are very talented people with skills that are very specific to this field. this is why you can have an incredible battle rapper like real deal or dirt yet neither of these cats could ever possibly make a consistently dope rap record...HOWEVER they will, if given the preparation and venue, rip you apart into a billion pieces, getting laughs from humiliating you, getting laughs from pure wit/wordplay/yourmommajokes, and getting a bunch of :ohsh: faces from super witty lines or ridiculous flows.

there is plenty to like and critique, BUT ONE OF THE THINGS THAT DOESN'T EXIST FOR YOU NON-FANS TO FAGGACIOUSLY CRITIQUE IS WHETHER THE FUCKING ACT IS RELEVANT OR NOT, why don't yall just watch some battles we recommend by going into the battle thread from start to finish, if you can't get past a few pages, it's not for you. having said that, i just don't get why it wouldn't be for you unless you can't listen to rap unless it is one whole, integrated thing, as in a song or an album. is it that blasphemous to listen to rap acapella and appreciate how they're trying to WIN a battle? it's competition.
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:hooray:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Julius Seizure wrote:lol @ ardy thinking that if people haven't posted in a thread on PF that they haven't watched enough battles to have formed their own opinion on this art form. lol @ him assuming that people who are shitting on the acapella battles aren't aware of the development of this scene in its various incarnations. why so upset bud? there are plenty of people who like this stuff, including most of the emcees that post here. you're in good company. as someone who doesn't rap or produce or pretend to be part of any hip hop scene, i have always found these battles to be insular trash. why do i want to watch a bunch of people snap on each other with inside jokes? i guess i can see the appeal, but personally i always struggled to make it through 3 rds of this stuff. again, not denying the talent of these guys, just don't have any interest in spending my precious time watching it. as a rapper and writer of rhymes, i can understand why you would have an interest in it. as a music fan, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i liked the spontaneity of people freestyling over beats. spending a month writing and doing research on ppl's facebook pages and shit? not my thing.
ardy may have been "assuming" with his barbs but i, and i presume he, (edited for the autistic kid) would have not one iota of an issue with your hating battle rap based on your post i quoted...it's obvious you have tried it and don't like it, and you like your own shit, like spontaneous freestyling for example

but it's just opinions. for example, MY opinions is that spontaneous freestyling is only fun when you're watching someone RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING at it or doing it yourself or with friends. otherwise it makes for REALLY shitty poor-quality competition.
Last edited by Reason on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Reason wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BrkmIqUXck?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BrkmIqUXck?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

genuine lolz
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hOaQtQqRnI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hOaQtQqRnI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

the mute dude spilling the tea...
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

i and i totally agree. jah bless.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ackbar wrote:i meant when they're battling they're not rapping. they're just talking rhyming words or jokes or whatever

why would you care about battle rap? it doesn't involve ingesting countless hallucinogenics while raving with white canadian bitches after downing ten pounds of poutine (this is the image i have of you and i don't want it to ever change)

you actually have to be sober enough to listen to what people are saying. that is way too much work for your easy-going high level livin'
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Julius Seizure wrote:i and i totally agree. jah bless.
that's your response? damn you're a faggot.

"i, and i presume he,"

you fucking idiot. learn how to read past a word that confuses you. and don't bring up my punctuation you non-grammar knowing faggot, i been teaching little privileged dumb white kids like you about the subjunctive mood since i was 17, let a chink be lazy on the innanetz and bring something constructive to this discussion or be a faggot
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Julius Seizure wrote:lol @ ardy thinking that if people haven't posted in a thread on PF that they haven't watched enough battles to have formed their own opinion on this art form. lol @ him assuming that people who are shitting on the acapella battles aren't aware of the development of this scene in its various incarnations. why so upset bud? there are plenty of people who like this stuff, including most of the emcees that post here. you're in good company.
don't confuse me with saying what i'm thinking and anger in this in. all i did was call it how i see it, sir. i know i'm in good company and this is all to spark some convo. Canibus did wack in this battle, i agree. but this thread has now become a criticism on the scene so i figured i'd put my two cents in. thats all.
Julius Seizure wrote:as someone who doesn't rap or produce or pretend to be part of any hip hop scene, i have always found these battles to be insular trash. why do i want to watch a bunch of people snap on each other with inside jokes? i guess i can see the appeal, but personally i always struggled to make it through 3 rds of this stuff. again, not denying the talent of these guys, just don't have any interest in spending my precious time watching it. as a rapper and writer of rhymes, i can understand why you would have an interest in it. as a music fan, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

man, look, do what you do. for me, i remember there being just one round sometimes when people battle accapella and then its back to beats. this new shit is just a jump up from what some of us remember in the era where its mainly freestyling.

and i do agree with that research and etc. being too much of a crutch for these kids battling. its like their more private detectives that spit Dr. Suess riddles than actual emcees.
Last edited by ardamus on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Mundane topic's time of the month like a motherfucker in here.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

ardamus wrote:

:arrow:

dude, didn't you have street rap battle like that?
no. i was off a pill & some dude was annoying me so i tried to make fun of him. it wasn't rap if that's what u asked i don't rap

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i cant mess with loe pescis music cuz hes such a corny ass battler

but he battled in french, so thats cool

and his music doesnt seem half bad

but a nigga love to judge a book by its cover sometimes, what can i say?

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

lol calm down man. was making a joke. i don't think we disagree at all. you like it, i don't. now that you've flown off the handle and called me a faggot though...shit, let's battle. give me a month to prepare and i'm ready.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Reason wrote:let me say this to ppl who are asking us battle rap fans questions as if we are aliens from another planet

you don't have to equate this stuff with your precious rap music and culture if you don't want to. moolah, ardamus, and i don't sit around watching battles b/c it invigorates with the 5 elements of hip hop while we chant jeru the damaja lines. we watch them for what THEY ARE, not for what you non-fans keep trying to identify it as. this is a major problem in life in general - a bunch of faggots not wanting to even try liking something b/c they can't identify with it in their nicely neatly pigeonholed categories

battle rap is fun mainly because it is funny. thus if you dig lyrics and all that comes with lyrics in the context of trying to completely non-physically dismantle your opponent's pride, both inner and perceived by others, then you will like battle rapping. some of the battle rappers will piss you off for being so fucking gay or bad, but the several good ones will really intrigue you b/c you will see that in this completely-separate-from-rap-music field, there are very talented people with skills that are very specific to this field. this is why you can have an incredible battle rapper like real deal or dirt yet neither of these cats could ever possibly make a consistently dope rap record...HOWEVER they will, if given the preparation and venue, rip you apart into a billion pieces, getting laughs from humiliating you, getting laughs from pure wit/wordplay/yourmommajokes, and getting a bunch of :ohsh: faces from super witty lines or ridiculous flows.

there is plenty to like and critique, BUT ONE OF THE THINGS THAT DOESN'T EXIST FOR YOU NON-FANS TO FAGGACIOUSLY CRITIQUE IS WHETHER THE FUCKING ACT IS RELEVANT OR NOT, why don't yall just watch some battles we recommend by going into the battle thread from start to finish, if you can't get past a few pages, it's not for you. having said that, i just don't get why it wouldn't be for you unless you can't listen to rap unless it is one whole, integrated thing, as in a song or an album. is it that blasphemous to listen to rap acapella and appreciate how they're trying to WIN a battle? it's competition.
:lol: thats a good way to put it

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Str8 Edge Turtleneck Queer wrote:Mundane topic's time of the month like a motherfucker in here.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Julius Seizure wrote:lol calm down man. was making a joke. i don't think we disagree at all. you like it, i don't. now that you've flown off the handle and called me a faggot though...shit, let's battle. give me a month to prepare and i'm ready.
this post made me laugh. now that you have disarmed me i can only apologize for being so sensitive about people insulting my syntax or grammar.

and i can't really battle you, it's not fair. you can do a thousand bars on sweaters, suicide, and the like. what am i gonna say?

"LOOK AT THIS GUY JULIUS, HIS SKIN ALL WHITE/
ALTHOUGH I GUESS WHITES ARE SLAVEOWNERS SO THAT'S ALL RIGHT/
BUT WAIT, LOOK HE'S A PATRIOTS FAN/
WELL ACTUALLY THEY ARE PERENNIAL CONTENDERS AND HE'S PROBABLY WITNESSED AT LEAST FIVE SUPER BOWLS AND MAYBE EVEN A SIXTH IF HE'S A HAIR PAST 32 YEARS OLD SO I GUESS REALLY THAT'S A PRETTY WONDERFUL TEAM TO BE A FAN OF AND HE'S A PRETTY LUCKY MAN/"
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

And for Piff, here's a recap from what I've been able to see with the other battles. DNA/Eurgh had the best battle. Uno did the damn thing against FLO. Syd choked against Bender. Arsonal took it 2-1 against Illmac, IMO; most people are saying he got bodied. Cadalak Ron no showed for the battle with Johnny Storm. Thesaurus beat Cruger. Passwurdz beat K-Shine. Rich Dolarz and Daylyt was a pretty even battle.
Last edited by ardamus on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.