Joell Ortiz - Night Train (Video)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DLG

Post by DLG »

I am one of the people that can't stand his voice.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

DLG wrote:I am one of the people that can't stand his voice.
This is probably why I won't be able to enjoy an entire album of his, especially if it is filled with Slaughterhouse and Novel features.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

That Night Train song is good. I like Ortiz, he generally makes dope records and stays within his capabilities without being overly generic. I have him a notch above the rest of the guys in Slaughterhouse...guys like Crooked I and Joe Buddens are not bad rappers, just forgettable and contrived. I do not sense much in the way of contrivance when I listen to Ortiz. Will I run out and buy his next album, sight unseen? No. Do I care about his slew of mixtapes? No. But I do think he is a good rapper and I would certainly be open to copping an official release, since The Brick was very solid.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:I am one of the people that can't stand his voice.
It was either you or Tommy that kept saying the same shit in each thread about Ortiz.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Teddy C.D. wrote:What do people think of Crooked I, btw?
he's dope but he dont got anything to say...still got one of the most ferocious deliveries today and some of the best wordplay when he's not just saying anything(time for some change like obama in a laundromat :larry: )

this joell joint is cool, i liked that brick joint or whatever it was that he dropped but since then i cant listen to him, hes just too goofy most of the time for me..it works for him cuz mad cats are extra serious but sometimes he overdoes it.

ima always peep tho until he puts out wack music which he really hasnt yet

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

A Kid wrote:(time for some change like obama in a laundromat :larry: )
Chino XL ghostwrites for Krooked I?