Post by Piff Tannen »

magnetos back, thats whats up

:phila:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

silence wrote:
Balzac wrote:
silence wrote:Don't listen to Internet forum posters who try to tell you how to make a hot album and lost all your individuality and creativity in the process.
yeah why would you listen to your core audience.

Because your "core audience" doesn't pay for your music.

And, because your. "core audience" on the interwebs forums tends to think they are the only ones listening to your music and their opinion is the only one that matters
:lol: i can't lie, i often get different reactions from music i've done from people in person than i do with people on the forum. well played, silence.
Piff Tannen wrote:magnetos back, thats whats up

:phila:
hell yeah :cheers:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

What up Piff, what up Ardamus!!
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

What up Raven

Nav

Post by Nav »

clark bent wrote:dont have more than 12 full length tracks
This times 134546456. I have a feeling that indie rappers don't believe that they will have another chance at making an album so they throw 20+ tracks and all their homies on it.

Shit is, fucking ridiculous.

And :lol: to all the yawners.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Nav wrote:
clark bent wrote:dont have more than 12 full length tracks
This times 134546456. I have a feeling that indie rappers don't believe that they will have another chance at making an album so they throw 20+ tracks and all their homies on it.

Shit is, fucking ridiculous.

And :lol: to all the yawners.
i say you can get away with around 15 to 17 tracks. maybe not like you used to. but if you're going for like 20 tracks and its not even a double disc, you're playing yourself.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

silence wrote:
Balzac wrote:
silence wrote:Don't listen to Internet forum posters who try to tell you how to make a hot album and lost all your individuality and creativity in the process.

And, because your. "core audience" on the interwebs forums tends to think they are the only ones listening to your music and their opinion is the only one that matters
All true. Kind of a trade off, though. People on the net are also much less prone to lie to you about liking your music (which happens all the time face-to-face), and it's harder to convince yourself that everyone liked your shit when they really didn't (which happens at/after shows much more than it should).

sleazy_j

Re: Album Donג€™ts

Post by sleazy_j »

Philaflava wrote:Fuck Doג€™s; letג€™s talk about what an artist should not do for their album.

1. Limit the amount of guest features. There is nothing more annoying than an album full of features. It no longer becomes an artist album, but rather a compilation.
2. Never get outshined on your own shit. Rappers do this a lot. Hollering at the big dawgs or the hottest emcee of the week. If you get shitted on your own record then you deserve it.
3. Be creative. Do not make an album comprised of a handful of tracks using the same titles, catchphrases or samples of your own song.
Well, how the hell was No Limit going to be a success??

DoogieHowitzer

Post by DoogieHowitzer »

Philaflava wrote:Fuck Doג€™s; letג€™s talk about what an artist should not do for their album.

1. Limit the amount of guest features. There is nothing more annoying than an album full of features. It no longer becomes an artist album, but rather a compilation.
2. Never get outshined on your own shit. Rappers do this a lot. Hollering at the big dawgs or the hottest emcee of the week. If you get shitted on your own record then you deserve it.
3. Be creative. Do not make an album comprised of a handful of tracks using the same titles, catchphrases or samples of your own song. Ill Al Skratch made an album that practically featured the same song with variations of the name. DONג€™T DO THAT!
4. Donג€™t overpay for the guest rappers name. Some of the best features came from unknown artists at the time (Kid Hood, AZ, MF Grimm).
5. Donג€™t listen to your friends when recording. Theyג€™re just weed carriers with no talent so they leach. Theyג€™re your Gayle Kings of the rap world.

Add on.
The first and third options are actually Do's.

However, to add on, I'd say some good advice is "Don't release an album until you're actually ready."

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Don't spend 11 years working on an album, then release a weak single with Akon on the hook.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Magneto wrote:What up Piff, what up Ardamus!!
shits been good, man. glad your back.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

DoogieHowitzer wrote:

3. Be creative. Do not make an album comprised of a handful of tracks using the same titles, catchphrases or samples of your own song. Ill Al Skratch made an album that practically featured the same song with variations of the name. DONג€™T DO THAT!

Add on.
The first and third options are actually Do's.
Do: Amass as many Canadians as you can on tracks that have very similar names.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

truthaddict wrote:Don't spend 11 years working on an album, then release a weak single with Akon on the hook.
ROFL
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Post by 360 »

Don't swear your album is going to change the game and then not drop an album.

Praverb

Post by Praverb »

haha at some of these...classic

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

Don't write your own rhymes... unless you're actually good at it.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Ohhh snap.. Emp leaves.. Magneto returns..

Things that make ya go hmmmmmm

No homo

smokeygambino

Post by smokeygambino »

truthaddict wrote:Don't spend 11 years working on an album, then release a weak single with Akon on the hook.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Do more cohesive EPs, less mix tapes/free albums.

No more than 12 tracks on an album is a good one too.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

PopeyeJones wrote:
silence wrote:
Balzac wrote:

All true. Kind of a trade off, though. People on the net are also much less prone to lie to you about liking your music (which happens all the time face-to-face), and it's harder to convince yourself that everyone liked your shit when they really didn't (which happens at/after shows much more than it should).
agree with poop-i-n-i on this

which is by no means a diss to ardy or anybody else personally, it's just when somebody plays you their song and then looks at you with eyes full of trepidation it's hard to tell them that the music sucks. the whole genre of friend rock is predicated on this
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

360 wrote:Don't swear your album is going to change the game and then not drop an album.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Don't overrap the shit out of every song. Let it breathe a bit. rap MUSIC.