Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow (2014 Album)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow (2013 Album)

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

^^^ agreed.

RZA makes some super classic Shaolin greatness, but still hasn't reached the pinnacle of his potential as a producer, I humbly suggest...

I hope this new :wutang: album makes us all go :ohsh: and :bow: and I have hope that they won't disappoint us

I also prefer samples of orchestras in hip hop over actual orchestras playing behind MCs (even though it's dope to see)

Hip hop just FEELS better to me when it's stolen sound that's been manipulated in genius ways...
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

DLG wrote:
Jaz wrote:I'm looking forward to this album for the most part :wutang: can still bring greatness, I think RZA should let outside producers like Adrian Younge, Pete Rock, Oh No, Madlib, Large Professor and J-Zone for example on the album.
Rza actually killed it pretty hard for most of 8 Diagrams I thought, he's not the problem. The problem was the phoned in verses that were for the most part uninspired and put together with zero chemistry. Method went off a couple times on the album, but just about everyone else sounded lazy as fuck.
Agreed but I honestly feel that a lot of the clan have better chemistry with other producers than they do RZA these days.

I'm not a big fan of RZA's production these days and yeah it's been a few years since I listened to 8 Diagrams but I remember GZA sounding half asleep on his verses.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This will be one of the worst albums of 2013.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:This will be one of the worst albums of 2013.
there is absolutely no way in the known or unknown universe that this album can be "one of the worst of 2013".

do you know how BAD hip hop music is these days, bro? :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Employee wrote:This will be one of the worst albums of 2013.
there is absolutely no way in the known or unknown universe that this album can be "one of the worst of 2013".

do you know how BAD hip hop music is these days, bro? :rofl:
I was kidding (sort of).

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Jaz wrote:Agreed but I honestly feel that a lot of the clan have better chemistry with other producers than they do RZA these days.

Godz Wrath (guys who did most of the new Priest album) should just take over RZA's role.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

nice they got the full footprints of osama on that beast chef mixtape.. or another verse of it..
illegal mind shoe lace

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Combo7 wrote:
Jaz wrote:Agreed but I honestly feel that a lot of the clan have better chemistry with other producers than they do RZA these days.

Godz Wrath (guys who did most of the new Priest album) should just take over RZA's role.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :wutang:

THAT NEW KILLAH PRIEST IS EASILY THE BEST PRODUCED HIP HOP ALBUM I HEARD IN 2013 THUS FAR

literally :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

This album is fire. One of the best releases so far this year. Classic Wu-Tang imho.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Combo7 wrote:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :wutang:

THAT NEW KILLAH PRIEST IS EASILY THE BEST PRODUCED HIP HOP ALBUM I HEARD IN 2013 THUS FAR

literally :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:
just wanted to say i finally got all the way through this album and is amazing.. the second disc starting at lord marduk is wu tang perfection.. seriously there's 5 songs out of 40 that aren't extremely good and most of those 5 are pretty good..
illegal mind shoe lace

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/tra ... -in-autumn

Previously unreleased Wu-Tang cut from the personal vaults of the RZA. "Execution in Autumn" features INS Deck, Raekwon, RZA and U-God.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

so is soul temple wu's official label now? is that their shit?

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

vinylpops wrote:http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/tra ... -in-autumn

Previously unreleased Wu-Tang cut from the personal vaults of the RZA. "Execution in Autumn" features INS Deck, Raekwon, RZA and U-God.
this has to fairly recent cause it's produced by frank dukes.. they sound good. frank dukes is getting good at producing wu tang tracks too..
illegal mind shoe lace

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

EichTurner wrote:
vinylpops wrote:http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/tra ... -in-autumn

this has to fairly recent cause it's produced by frank dukes.. they sound good. frank dukes is getting good at producing wu tang tracks too..
These all new verses? I know Frank Dukes produced it, but I feel as though I've heard U-God's verse before. At least the line about George Forman hitting the heavy bag in the Congo.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

RZA interview in Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... nion-album

RZA says Rae (and partly Ghost and GZA) is holding up the new album:
It's like, wow, I kept trying to pull people together. I spent a lot of money and a lot of time this year. I put my movie career on hold for the first half of the year because I was focusing on making this. I went down to Memphis, I went down to Philadelphia, I came back to the East Coast to reopen the Wu Mansion [RZA's old house in New Jersey, where a bulk of post–36 Chambers material was recorded]. I invested thousands of dollars to rebuild it so that we can have a place to record a new album. And when I scheduled that to happen, only a few good brothers showed up.

And one of the guys who showed up the most was Method Man. He showed the most tenacity, he was the most vocal, he showed up the most, and he got the most lyrics on the new album. He's already recorded eight or nine songs. He’s been on it. You know, I give Cappadonna credit, he’s been really on it. U-God has been present. Masta Killa be representing. Inspectah Deck has been somewhat present. Ghost has been, you know, 20 percent present. And Raekwon hasn't shown up at all. When you look at somebody like Masta Killa and U-God, they seem to have that original hunger to complete the legacy. I respect that everybody [is] busy with they own lives. I started with a plan that I thought would work. Now maybe my plan not working.
Rae's response via Twitter:
"Yea i just read that rza article? Shit is funny to me. I love u rza, u know what it really is."

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

It's the same story. Rae wants more $. This went on with the last album too.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:It's the same story. Rae wants more $. This went on with the last album too.
Where did you hear that from?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He said in multiple interviews the pie ain't cut right. I'm sure if you google the "beef" you'll come up with a few diff interviews.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

yeah Rae about that paper, plus he always been a stubborn type dude.

Went left with Immobilarity and had to figure out he needs that Rza feel.

Now he gotta fit back in with the Wu.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

TheTed wrote:RZA interview in Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... nion-album

It's like, wow, I kept trying to pull people together. I spent a lot of money and a lot of time this year. I put my movie career on hold for the first half of the year because I was focusing on making this. I went down to Memphis, I went down to Philadelphia, I came back to the East Coast to reopen the Wu Mansion [RZA's old house in New Jersey, where a bulk of post–36 Chambers material was recorded]. I invested thousands of dollars to rebuild it so that we can have a place to record a new album. And when I scheduled that to happen, only a few good brothers showed up.

And one of the guys who showed up the most was Method Man. He showed the most tenacity, he was the most vocal, he showed up the most, and he got the most lyrics on the new album. He's already recorded eight or nine songs. He’s been on it. You know, I give Cappadonna credit, he’s been really on it. U-God has been present. Masta Killa be representing. Inspectah Deck has been somewhat present. Ghost has been, you know, 20 percent present. And Raekwon hasn't shown up at all. When you look at somebody like Masta Killa and U-God, they seem to have that original hunger to complete the legacy. I respect that everybody [is] busy with they own lives. I started with a plan that I thought would work. Now maybe my plan not working.
"Yea i just read that rza article? Shit is funny to me. I love u rza, u know what it really is."
He neglected to mention GZA, so I think you might be reaching with that supposition. GZA's going to be holding a lecture at my university this friday, if I get a chance I'll ask him about this .. LOL.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

TheTed wrote:RZA interview in Grantland: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... nion-album

Promotional suicide.

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

ChaMerZ wrote:He neglected to mention GZA, so I think you might be reaching with that supposition. GZA's going to be holding a lecture at my university this friday, if I get a chance I'll ask him about this .. LOL.
Ask him about this quote from the same article:
We got a lot of work done [recording in Europe]. I feel like we have enough material on the album. I just need Raekwon to come onboard fully. I need some more energy from Ghost and GZA. If they give that energy, I will give us a great last album. If they don't give us the energy, I gotta figure out a plan B.

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

i dont have any hopes for any new wu project, their time has passed on

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Promotional suicide.
Seriously. Why would you even go on record saying some shit like that before the album drops?

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

GZA explains the origin of the Universe

step one

Post by step one »

ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

TheTed

Post by TheTed »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/2 ... 17787.html

RZA says the new album could be completed in 6 weeks; Raekwon is still the hold up.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Rae's gonna phone in a few verses last minute, hoo fucking ray.