The Black Album vs. Street's Disciple

Jay-Z - The Black Album
71%
Nas - Street's Disciple
29%

Total votes: 106

mud

Post by mud »

SoulClap wrote:Street's Disciple easily.

rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

The Black Album wins

Kilgore786

Post by Kilgore786 »

Dids wrote:
Primus wrote: It makes me feel totally old and out of touch.
sounds like self esteem issue to me...

meanwhile I'll mark the ballet for the Black Album, I'm enjoying SD but TBA was more fun to listen to as a whole, SD is dope but it doesn't Ride as well.

Kilgore786

Post by Kilgore786 »

Ethix Skeptro wrote:not vote worthy...
if so, than how is it post worthy?

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

I'm probably alone on this, but I think BP2 was probably better overall than SD. The best tracks on SD are fire though, and yes...are definitely better than most of the tracks Jay-Z has made in the past few years.

Jay is just way too consistent though. I've been listening to the Black Album quite a bit lately and I gotta say...it's a damn good album. Maybe the best from last year.

so yeah, that's what I voted for.

Choke

Post by Choke »

Doogs wrote:I'm probably alone on this, but I think BP2 was probably better overall than SD.
I'd agree.

rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

Choke wrote:
Doogs wrote:I'm probably alone on this, but I think BP2 was probably better overall than SD.
I'd agree.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

any nas/jay poll is worthless because what you have is the jay-z fanboys voting for the black album no matter what they may truly believe and vice versa for the nas fan club and sd

in fact the poll would be exactly the same if everyone who voted had not yet actually heard either record

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

clark bent wrote:any nas/jay poll is worthless because what you have is the jay-z fanboys voting for the black album no matter what they may truly believe and vice versa for the nas fan club and sd

in fact the poll would be exactly the same if everyone who voted had not yet actually heard either record
pretty much

Hasenfefer

Re: The Black Album vs. Street's Disciple

Post by Hasenfefer »

blastmaster wrote:
Galapagos4 wrote:In general (not just on this board), it seems like people are straining to like the Nas because they really wanted it to be dope (same as the last one), and people want to hate Jay but can't because he drops undeniably great albums.
Word word word.

Abinatra

Post by Abinatra »

This isn't even close.....

Jay, by miles.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

you know what is :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow:

yall feelin this album from jay z so much, just cause he talks about himself constantly, an album all about a man is :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Galapagos4

Post by Galapagos4 »

Moe Cheeks wrote:you know what is :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow:

yall feelin this album from jay z so much, just cause he talks about himself constantly, an album all about a man is :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
but it's extra real to hear nas talk about his new wife and shit. i might as well call my pops.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

clark bent wrote:any nas/jay poll is worthless because what you have is the jay-z fanboys voting for the black album no matter what they may truly believe and vice versa for the nas fan club and sd

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Galapagos4 wrote:
Moe Cheeks wrote:you know what is :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow: :superarrow:

but it's extra real to hear nas talk about his new wife and shit. i might as well call my pops.
the guy grew as an artist and has alot more relevent topics on his new album that 13 or whatever tracks about how you came in the game and how you are the greatest, dont get me wrong the black album is dope, but he just aint sayin shit

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Moe Cheeks wrote: the guy grew as an artist and has alot more relevent topics on his new album that 13 or whatever tracks about how you came in the game and how you are the greatest, dont get me wrong the black album is dope, but he just aint sayin shit
i feel the same way. Nas' subject matter on tracks like War, Reason, Just A Moment and American Way is the realest shit out today.