Sage Francis
23%

Total votes: 132

Angleoneous

Post by Angleoneous »

sean loves ugly girls, by a narrow margin

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

don't really care for either anymore, but i never cared for sage, voted slug only cause he's still got a few classics in my mind

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

I don't listen to either willingly, but Sluggo takes the cake for sure. I bitch and complain whenever I'm with someone and they have Sage Francis playing. Only exception being Non-Prophets.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

damn thats a lot of votes for sluggo after day 1. more so than most polls.

adverse

Post by adverse »

slug, lucy ford is one of my fav albums. And most of his other work is great. Only thing i still play from sage is hope.
ImageImage

machine

Post by machine »

sluggo but i stop following to either a year or two ago.

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE

Post by _RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE »

sluggo, no question.

the first time i heard atmosphere was lucy ford. i moved away from mpls and when i returned to visit friends, atmosphere had emerged and my buddy gave me a burned copy and slug has been the dopest in my opinion ever since. sage is alright but no where near slugs level cuz sean is one of a kind.

slug+1[/i]

machine

Post by machine »

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE wrote:sluggo, no question.

the first time i heard atmosphere I touched myself[/i]
:naswtf:
:arrow:

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

fuck atmosphere

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

lol at overcast being one of the colors( :sherlock: ?)

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

hessbz12 wrote:Slug
easiest poll yet

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

A Healthy Distrust was a better album than any album Atmosphere or Felt have done.

That said, Slug connects better whereas Sage seems to always be on a pedastal (no "that's the reason for the high horse"). So I vote Slugworth.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Oh, but just to throw it in there, Sage is the (much) better live performer. But Slug is great in his own weird way.

These two need to do their own tour again soon. Bring Buck along as well.

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

If you don't get the hype, then try to peep Slug's earlier shit, like the Sad Clown series, Overcast and Dynospectrum. He was on some next-level shit back then. Not to knock his later work, but the shit back then was way ahead of it's time. Still sounds good today even.

As for Sage, just could never get into his shit. Respect him as an artist but just don't dig the style or sound.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Crooked S wrote:If you don't get the hype, then try to peep Slug's earlier shit, like the Sad Clown series, Overcast and Dynospectrum. He was on some next-level shit back then. Not to knock his later work, but the shit back then was way ahead of it's time. Still sounds good today even.

As for Sage, just could never get into his shit. Respect him as an artist but just don't dig the style or sound.
I agree 100% on the Slug point. He rapped real good on some boom-bap battle shit back in the day.

But, I find it kinda funny you say that, because Sage had some real dope, straight up rap rap rappin' shit earlier in his career too.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Crooked S wrote:If you don't get the hype, then try to peep Slug's earlier shit, like the Sad Clown series, Overcast and Dynospectrum. He was on some next-level shit back then. Not to knock his later work, but the shit back then was way ahead of it's time. Still sounds good today even.

I never thought Slug sounded that good on that shit. Thought he didn't come into his own til Lucy Ford. He sounded too young/rappity to me back then.

Now he knows what he's doing, even when it's too rappity.

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

Slugs mustache is a faggot, sage is a faggot. Vote Scarlenes maybe or maybe not friend.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

theaggravatedjew wrote:Slugs mustache is a faggot, sage is a faggot. Vote Scarlenes maybe or maybe not friend.
:arrow:

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE

Post by _RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE »

i agree the rhymes that slug had on the dyno are insane. i still cant figure otu how he came up with some of that shit.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I like both artists a lot. Both have been pretty consistant. Both have made music I can't stand. Both have made much more music that I enjoy. Both have even made music that's some of my most played. Both are career artists who, even when they make msuic I don't necessarily dig, I still respect it. Both I will always check for.

To me, this came down to their live shows, which I have to give to Sage by a margin more narrow than Mia Farrow's Sparrow's Sombrero. Strictly personal preference.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

DLG

Post by DLG »

:sole:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Jonathan Toth from Hoth >>> EL-P >>>> Nobs >>>> Cage >>>> Yak Ballz' Fanny Pack >>>> Hustle Crowe's Burb' Wytez Clique >>>>> Eyedea's haircut >>>>> Event

mainevent

Post by mainevent »

Sage Francis is a cornball, Sean Daley wins this.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE wrote:

i agree the rhymes that slug had on the dyno are insane. i still cant figure otu how he came up with some of that shit.
^^^^^^

this n3wb is going to poop his pants when he finds out slug posts here..

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE YALL _RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE!!!!! MMFCL :sylvester:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

T-Wrex wrote:
_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE wrote:

^^^^^^

this n3wb is going to poop his pants when he finds out slug posts here..

_RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE YALL _RHYMES@YERS_4 L1FE!!!!! MMFCL :sylvester:
Why do you think the "n3wb" started posting here in the first place, nimrod.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Xaula Zany

Post by Xaula Zany »

I sing better.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Xaula Zany wrote:I sing better.

OH REALLY???

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

sean wrote: