Asian Rappers

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

L.Marauder wrote:
blastmaster wrote:You guys are missing the point.
Naw, you're missing the point. Derailing the topic was intentional when you start off with this statement:
blastmaster wrote:Asians are the next big thing, especially goofy ones with funny names.
and end with this:
blastmaster wrote:Any non-backpack strapped AZNZ that I am missing?
Using the term "AZNZ" spelled like that is condescending and can be offensive to people, esp in the context of what you're discussing. Asian-Americans emcees don't get the right recognition to begin with, let alone most people don't know they exist. So it's no wonder you got posters such as reason is yellow and hustler on some ignorant shit.
The Rapping Coffin wrote: don't worry i'm sure they'll post plenty more asian rappers who know their elementz, can freestyle battle rap acapella, and have aids
The Rapping Coffin, let's be more civil. Got no time for racist bigotry.

That being said, I believe you (blastmaster) were trying to have a genuine discussion on these artists who you feel are "legit."

So here's my 2 cents. Watching the first vid of Sonny Bonoho made me cringe. Jackie Chain isn't a dope rapper imo yet I dig the beat on Rollin' and how the producer (what's his name?) sampled the techno beat Children (Dream Version) by Robert Miles.

:rofl:

MIKEY

Post by MIKEY »

L.Marauder wrote:
Naw, you're missing the point. Derailing the topic was intentional when you start off with this statement:
blastmaster wrote:Asians are the next big thing, especially goofy ones with funny names.
and end with this:
Using the term "AZNZ" spelled like that is condescending and can be offensive to people, esp in the context of what you're discussing. Asian-Americans emcees don't get the right recognition to begin with, let alone most people don't know they exist. So it's no wonder you got posters such as reason is yellow and hustler on some ignorant shit.
The Rapping Coffin wrote: don't worry i'm sure they'll post plenty more asian rappers who know their elementz, can freestyle battle rap acapella, and have aids

That being said, I believe you (blastmaster) were trying to have a genuine discussion on these artists who you feel are "legit."

So here's my 2 cents. Watching the first vid of Sonny Bonoho made me cringe. Jackie Chain isn't a dope rapper imo yet I dig the beat on Rollin' and how the producer (what's his name?) sampled the techno beat Children (Dream Version) by Robert Miles.
Great post.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

MIKEY wrote:
L.Marauder wrote:
and end with this:

Great post.

if that post was actually serious then it just may be the funniest thing ive read this month

L.Marauder

Post by L.Marauder »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: if that post was actually serious then it just may be the funniest thing ive read this month
Like that means anything coming from a guy who goes under the name GUCCI CONDOMS - enough said.

the brow

Post by the brow »

Asians should stay behind the turntables where they belong.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

pen

Post by pen »

those two jackie chain songs are fun to listen to.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

L.Marauder wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote: if that post was actually serious then it just may be the funniest thing ive read this month
Like that means anything coming from a guy who goes under the name GUCCI CONDOMS - enough said.

ouch!! really hittin me where it hurts...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

the brow wrote:Asians belong in massage parlors giving me happy endings

WES RESTLESS

Post by WES RESTLESS »

http://www.myspace.com/thepacifics

^^^
Chicago crew who's been doin it for a minute now.
Dropped an album with Ill Mind recently called the
case.
DOPE!

L.Marauder

Post by L.Marauder »

I love how you blastmaster dickriders run to his defense and twist shit up when things get the least bit heated. Ya'll the same. I guess I need to dumb-down my words to converse with y'all from now on, cuz obviously you just can't handle it can you. (laughs) It's beautiful really. Ignorance must be pure bliss.
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
^ It didn't have to go there. Try mentioning how Chinese women who came to the US were tricked and forced into prostitution as virtual slaves, the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 which excluded Chinese laborers from immigrating to America, Antimiscegenation Laws that were put into effect to prohibit interracial marriage and cohabitation between Asian and White people, signs outside public facilities that read ג€œNo Chinese Or Dogs Allowed,ג€ Asian children being banned from attending public schools, the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad, how Asian women keep getting exoticized in popular media, or the Executive Order 9066 signed by President Roosevelt which forced 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry into internment camps just because of their blood and you got yourself a real joke written in history books. Go ahead and keep posting up the racist comments, but it still won't erase the fact that you guys just got exposed. I don't fight ignorance and racism by being ignore-ant to it, I expose it.

Anticipating the next response to be something like a "ROFL" or a "asians are ho-to-the-mo." Seriously, I can sing your disses in my sleep.

ADR

Re: Asian Rappers

Post by ADR »

blastmaster wrote:"Rollin" is a great song. The beat is perfect.
Chain's Chad Butler influenced flow is a blessing. Almost makes me wish the other person didn't exist.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

L.Marauder wrote:I love how you blastmaster dickriders run to his defense and twist shit up when things get the least bit heated. Ya'll the same. I guess I need to dumb-down my words to converse with y'all from now on, cuz obviously you just can't handle it can you. (laughs) It's beautiful really. Ignorance must be pure bliss.
^ It didn't have to go there. Try mentioning how Chinese women who came to the US were tricked and forced into prostitution as virtual slaves, the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 which excluded Chinese laborers from immigrating to America, Antimiscegenation Laws that were put into effect to prohibit interracial marriage and cohabitation between Asian and White people, signs outside public facilities that read ג€œNo Chinese Or Dogs Allowed,ג€ Asian children being banned from attending public schools, the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad, how Asian women keep getting exoticized in popular media, or the Executive Order 9066 signed by President Roosevelt which forced 120,000 people of Japanese ancestry into internment camps just because of their blood and you got yourself a real joke written in history books. Go ahead and keep posting up the racist comments, but it still won't erase the fact that you guys just got exposed. I don't fight ignorance and racism by being ignore-ant to it, I expose it.

Anticipating the next response to be something like a "ROFL" or a "asians are ho-to-the-mo." Seriously, I can sing your disses in my sleep.
not that i don't agree, but you need to take the racism here with a grain of salt. shit's just how people roll around the :phila: .

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

L.Marauder wrote:I love how you blastmaster dickriders run to his defense and twist shit up when things get the least bit heated. Ya'll the same. I guess I need to dumb-down my words to converse with y'all from now on, cuz obviously you just can't handle it can you. (laughs) It's beautiful really. Ignorance must be pure bliss.

dude, rerax

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

L.Marauder wrote:The Rapping Coffin, let's be more civil.
Unbelievably hilarious.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

:rofl:

It was only a matter of time with this thread.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

still illiterate wrote:

dude, rerax

HAHAHA...CLASSIC

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Sheesh. I have dickriders now? Damn.

Jackie Chain- Blinded By The Light
http://www.zshare.net/audio/71067298107506/

Call them hoes Ghost Riders cause they got that fire head

wheels

Post by wheels »

L.Marauder wrote: Also Denizen Kane from Typical Cats is dope.
No.

Keep posting though, I haven't had this much fun in M2C since the last mindbender post.

pen

Post by pen »

songs i've learned i like in this thread.

rollin
blinded by the light

as well as 'uptown roamers' and 'nike boots' by wale. ya i know he was mentioned once and isn't asian, but whatever.

i want more shit like this. any leads?
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

that sonny bonoho guy is the chinese chingo bling or what

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

equipto is some kind of asian

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tzvDc9dZUts

ADR

Post by ADR »

pen wrote:songs i've learned i like in this thread.

rollin
blinded by the light

i want more shit like this. any leads?
http://www.zshare.net/download/7832405c27eece/

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

From Jackie Chain's Myspace

Stik Figa

Post by Stik Figa »

wow, the game is wide open.

bono is funny lol

that rollin is jammin'

pen

Post by pen »

eh. thanks for the jackie chain upload. i'm gonna give it a thorough listen through.

Lush Won

Post by Lush Won »

chuckie ackenz

:lol:
Too much, I serve too many people, too much

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

Lush Won wrote:chuckie ackenz

:lol:
WHERE'S AXEL FOLEY!

VIETNAMESE NIGGA!

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I fucks with Chops, Lyrics Born, and Cool Calm Pete. I'll give Jackie Chain a listen but the looks of it, I'm not surprised blastmaster is bigging this shit up like crazy.

that turntable comment was ignant though. got this dude in here posting like he's in the biko forum and shit. :lol:. thanx brow.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Post by Thun »

WTF @ people on this site liking Lyrics Born ....

D. James

Post by D. James »

wheels wrote:
L.Marauder wrote: Also Denizen Kane from Typical Cats is dope.
No.
:larry:

Have you heard Tree City Legends?