Re: Roc Marciano - reloaded preemtive thread

Post by Echo Leader »

:thebest:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

AVENTUS wrote:marciano isn't funny.
I'd argue that he's actually very funny. his delivery is so dead pan it's hard to pick up on but roc drops some hilarious lines here and there.

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Yeah, but again, who gives a shit? Rappers lie. Big fucking deal.
Jaz asked why I thaught marciano was phony as fuck.

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:okay so i havent been a fan of roc marciano as a solo artist, really havent checked for him..but i found "Peru" the other day on youtube..shit was fresh...can anyone recommend like top 10 joints from him, if the shit is dope like that? yeah i know he's been solo for a while, but i honestly havent checked for any of it...school me.

Everything on Marcberg & Reloaded, especially Jungle Fever & Thread Count.
plus:

1. Rocky II
2. Hoard 90
3. Turning Point
4. My Persona
5. Momma Told Me
6. Peruvian Desserts
7. Bruh Man
8. Modern Day Revelations
9. Sewer Gravy
10. Caviar

if you want that real 1995 type shit, check "Slugs thru your Papaya" or "White Russian"

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Blockhead wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:marciano isn't funny.
I'd argue that he's actually very funny. his delivery is so dead pan it's hard to pick up on but roc drops some hilarious lines here and there.

For real, I was constantly chuckling or full out laughing the first time I heard Reloaded. Marc knows exactly what he's doing; you think he wants us to really believe he drives a gold Porsche and speaks harmonious at the podium?

It's like as soon as we ban one braindead asshole from the forum another one immediately rises up to take his place. Christ.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Thread really descended in dumbfuckery quick, huh?

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

DLG wrote:
the part about getting bored with rap and considering live instrumentation is interesting to hear from him

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

alpha

Post by alpha »

Fuck yeah heard that today. 'twas dope

DLG

Post by DLG »

dat beat

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

AVENTUS wrote:
RacquetballGangsta wrote:okay so i havent been a fan of roc marciano as a solo artist, really havent checked for him..but i found "Peru" the other day on youtube..shit was fresh...can anyone recommend like top 10 joints from him, if the shit is dope like that? yeah i know he's been solo for a while, but i honestly havent checked for any of it...school me.

Everything on Marcberg & Reloaded, especially Jungle Fever & Thread Count.
plus:

1. Rocky II
2. Hoard 90
3. Turning Point
4. My Persona
5. Momma Told Me
6. Peruvian Desserts
7. Bruh Man
8. Modern Day Revelations
9. Sewer Gravy
10. Caviar

if you want that real 1995 type shit, check "Slugs thru your Papaya" or "White Russian"
Don't forget Scarface, which honestly might be my favorite joint of his.

dubs

Post by dubs »

AVENTUS wrote:
drizzle wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:camp lo pulled diamond heists in europe, rza was a martial artist superhero, keith murray traveled to other planets and nore jogged around the english channel?

what marci does here is no different
True. Camp Lo is a great comparison. But I think Marciano is more guilty. It's like, when Bronson constantly claims backflips out the sunroof, it's funny, and he knows you know it's funny. When Keith Murray says it, he's just telling you that's just how high he'd get. nore gets a pass regardless. marciano isn't funny. he's tryna fool the consumer a little too much.

Listen, to everyone who is a huge fan of his here, I'm a fan too, his beats/beat choices and flow are nice. Beats Minimal drums on crazy loops, like a less cartoonish take on MF Doom's beat style. Flow like a hybrid of AK Skills, Mic Geronimo, and Scaramanga. I've been trying to defend marciano to no avail with some. But his downside is that he's phonier than almost every other MC I'd place at his level.
Are you telling me wu tang dont form like voltron?
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

DLG

Post by DLG »

:lol:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Roc is always dope, he could rap over a sample of pots and pans and still come off as ill.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

The samples on Reloaded are fuckin great. Turning into my favorite album from the past decade really. Marciano is such a dope MC, his flow and the way he strings words and images together are immaculate.

DLG

Post by DLG »

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

dubs wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:
drizzle wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:camp lo pulled diamond heists in europe, rza was a martial artist superhero, keith murray traveled to other planets and nore jogged around the english channel?

True. Camp Lo is a great comparison. But I think Marciano is more guilty. It's like, when Bronson constantly claims backflips out the sunroof, it's funny, and he knows you know it's funny. When Keith Murray says it, he's just telling you that's just how high he'd get. nore gets a pass regardless. marciano isn't funny. he's tryna fool the consumer a little too much.

Listen, to everyone who is a huge fan of his here, I'm a fan too, his beats/beat choices and flow are nice. Beats Minimal drums on crazy loops, like a less cartoonish take on MF Doom's beat style. Flow like a hybrid of AK Skills, Mic Geronimo, and Scaramanga. I've been trying to defend marciano to no avail with some. But his downside is that he's phonier than almost every other MC I'd place at his level.
FOH.
Everyone knows MC's been on fantasy island since the jump. But we have standards here that rise above the typical NO LIMIT cover art from 1999. I think marciano just pushes it too far without enough to warrant it. It tarnishes his shine more IMO, than any diamond heist or voltron shit ever did others.

Kace

Post by Kace »

AVENTUS wrote:
dubs wrote:
AVENTUS wrote:
drizzle wrote:

FOH.
Everyone knows MC's been on fantasy island since the jump. But we have standards here that rise above the typical NO LIMIT cover art from 1999. I think marciano just pushes it too far without enough to warrant it. It tarnishes his shine more IMO, than any diamond heist or voltron shit ever did others.
Idk yo, Hempstead (where Roc's from) seems to be one of the most crime-ridden places in Long Island or even NY for that matter.
Of course Roc isn't everything he raps about, but he does look like the kinda guy who's more accustomed to real actual grimey street life than most other gangsta rappers out there. His verses are also more realistic than say :wutang:
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Versive

Post by Versive »

Versive wrote:At what point, if ever, do the contradictions between a rapper's possible spiritual philosophy and outright glorifications of sex, drugs and violence make it impossible to no longer call him a 5%er, NOIer, etc.?

To what extent do modern urban American Islam's roots excuse criminality and to what effect?

There's a Thun post in here somewhere.
Back on this topic, "Jaws" from the Greneberg EP just came on on my shuffle, and oddly enough, he actually says something in line with the above.

These are ghetto poems, I'm a hoodlum
You a good son, I send you on a kush run
Pies cooked some, cut niggas down with the bush gun
Earn a good sum and burn a bush son
Blood'll gush some, I'm trying to be a good Moslem
but niggas'll leave you in the hood slumped

Kace

Post by Kace »

Versive wrote:
Versive wrote:At what point, if ever, do the contradictions between a rapper's possible spiritual philosophy and outright glorifications of sex, drugs and violence make it impossible to no longer call him a 5%er, NOIer, etc.?

To what extent do modern urban American Islam's roots excuse criminality and to what effect?

Back on this topic, "Jaws" from the Greneberg EP just came on on my shuffle, and oddly enough, he actually says something in line with the above.

Word, and this vid Brokewax posted is also riddled with 5% language and references:

'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Versive wrote:

Confidence trick
A confidence trick (synonyms include confidence scheme and scam) is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence. A confidence artist (or con artist) is an individual, operating alone or in concert with others, who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty, honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté, or greed.

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Saw Roc last night at The Mayan. He killed it. Met him and Alchemist cool dudes. And Blu sucks live, pacing around stage wearing sunglasses rapping like a fool. No stage presence whatsoever. Dav Savage saved him.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/04/02/roc-m ... g-records/
Roc Marciano Named VP & Director Of A&R For Man Bites Dog Records

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thats like being named CEO of Employee's Tweets, Inc.

DLG

Post by DLG »

:cheap:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:thats like being named CEO of Employee's Tweets, Inc.
:gloss:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner