"How To Drake It In America"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: "How To Drake It In America"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

you don't HAVE to like him. fuck, I don't like EVERYTHING Drake does.

I don't like everything ANY musician does, from Nas to RZA to El-P to Stevie Wonder to Michael Jackson, motherfucker.

I'm not "adamant people like Drake". I'm adamant THEY DON'T BE CHILDISH PETULANT FUCKWIT BASTARDIZED SHITSCUMSUCKING DOUCHES ABOUT IT, which is something I repeatedly witness you are incapable of doing. I'm happy and even when I didn't like Rick Ross's fake fuck reign in rap, I could still respectably state "yeah, he can pick polished beats very well" or "I can see how Rick Ross's voice appeals to some people, and he does know how to articulate his words and phrase his rhymes clearly... even if every word is fake as fuck". A TRULY sentient being can express what they love and hate and like and dislike and not be affected by the opinions of other imported assholes.

So, finally: nobody HAS to like Drake. There are other people on Philaflava who simply say "Drake's music doesn't do much for me. Meh." And that's perfectly fair, reasonable and rational. They don't have to say idiotically ignorant shit like "only 12 year old girls listen to Drake" when Drake is among the TOP TWO biggest rap superstars on planet earth today. And you're calling US 12 year old girls? GROW THE FUCK UP, SON :rofl:

I never once said everyone has to listen to Drake. I don't like everything Drake does. I like a LOT of it, I think he's an extremely intelligent artist on a variety of business and creative levels, and I think he's more talented and gifted than 97% of the entertainment industry today. To ignore all his work is to be a fool, in my opinion, but whatever. Don't play it if you don't like it, OBVIOUSLY :rofl:

Shut your fucking shitmouth please, stepchild onedirection. I am not adamant anyone listen to Drake. I am adamant motherfuckers stop being ignorant when they pretend that real music connoisseurs don't actually enjoy the music Aubrey is creating, and I am adamant that bitter, jaded fucks like you learn how to nuance their allowed criticism with some accurate awareness. But you just keep TRYING TO BE A SCUNT :bunk: :rofl: :arrow:

peace to The Wiper.
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

You've consistently proved that you have terrible taste in music and have trouble articulating yourself without using pictures.
You should probably just stick to posting in your 'Things I Did With My Cock Today' thread in P&B.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm not "adamant people like Drake". I'm adamant THEY DON'T BE CHILDISH PETUTANT FUCKWIT BASTARDIZED SHITSCUMSUCKING DOUCHES ABOUT IT, which is something I repeatedly witness you are incapable of doing. I'm happy and even when I didn't like Rick Ross's fake fuck reign in rap, I could still respectably state "yeah, he can pick polished beats very well" or "I can see how Rick Ross's voice appeals to some people, and he does know how to articulate his words and phrase his rhymes clearly... even if every word is fake as fuck". A TRULY sentient being can express what they love and hate and like and dislike and not be affected by the opinions of other imported assholes.
That's respectably stating something? :rofl:

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote: :rofl: at you 2 getting mad
the fucking nerve of this dude. :lol:

write Drake's name anywhere on this board and you're there within 2 minutes bleating like a newborn calf being kicked in the face. There's probably a thread in Electric Relaxation about Uncharted: Drake's Deception with you yammering on for a page about how terrible hip-hop is now a days.
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

Req wrote:
step one wrote: :rofl: at you 2 getting mad
the fucking nerve of this dude. :lol:

write Drake's name anywhere on this board and you're there within 2 minutes bleating like a newborn calf being kicked in the face. There's probably a thread in Electric Relaxation about Uncharted: Drake's Deception with you yammering on for a page about how terrible hip-hop is now a days.
Pretty sure I've never said that. Its a common misconception (mostly made by retards).
Feel free to prove me wrong though.

If faggots werent going on like Drake is some creative visionary pushing rap music forward with his beautiful heavenly stylings and lyrical prowess I wouldnt feel the need offer an opinion to the contrary.

So chill.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Req wrote:There's probably a thread in Electric Relaxation about Uncharted: Drake's Deception with you yammering on for a page about how terrible hip-hop is now a days.

:hooray: :lol: :hooray:

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Balzac wrote:
Req wrote:There's probably a thread in Electric Relaxation about Uncharted: Drake's Deception with you yammering on for a page about how terrible hip-hop is now a days.

:hooray: :lol: :hooray:
:rofl:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm not "adamant people like Drake". I'm adamant THEY DON'T BE CHILDISH PETUTANT FUCKWIT BASTARDIZED SHITSCUMSUCKING DOUCHES ABOUT IT, which is something I repeatedly witness you are incapable of doing. I'm happy and even when I didn't like Rick Ross's fake fuck reign in rap, I could still respectably state "yeah, he can pick polished beats very well" or "I can see how Rick Ross's voice appeals to some people, and he does know how to articulate his words and phrase his rhymes clearly... even if every word is fake as fuck". A TRULY sentient being can express what they love and hate and like and dislike and not be affected by the opinions of other imported assholes.
That's respectably stating something? :rofl:
Yeah. I'm saying he's good at vocal phrasing. It's a very underrated skill. Especially in these YouTube rap sensation days and times :bunk:

See, lately, where the lazy listener's ear doesn't mind hearing mad sloppy fucked up shit like Future and Trinidad James and Chief Keef and Lil Mouse and Gucci Mane and stuff like that? Those guys don't have very good vocal phrasing or articulation or enunciation. I am not dense enough to think that Rick Ross pulled the wool over customer's eyes with rapping as unsophisticated and trashy as RiFF RaFF. He used very crisp, cinematic beats, and rhymed very clearly about fantasy tales of hard knock lessons learned in Criminology 101. Just because I'm saying Rick Ross's content is unequivocally and legitimately fake doesn't mean I'm not recognizing the above average presentation and delivery of said content.

And thus: "respectably saying something." :cas:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:You've consistently proved that you have terrible taste in music and have trouble articulating yourself without using pictures.
You should probably just stick to posting in your 'Things I Did With My Cock Today' thread in P&B.
I will do my best to NEVER talk to you until you grow up.
Continue expressing snivelling commentary from the peon gallery about my thoughts, life, and truth.

You're just BEGGING to be the new Thun, aren't you, stepchild? FYI: you're not smart enough, Black enough, White enough, angry enough, impotent enough, or hip hop enough. You barely register as relevant around here. Why don't you try contributing something positive for a change and share new music like you briefly scrounged up the balls to do for a few weeks back there? Like, what's the point of you posting on Phila while a metal spiked Benzino is crammed up your ass?

Your opinion is absolutely worthless to me, even if I do respond to it. I respect your life, but I don't respect what you do with it.

STEP OFF!

in other news: Drake is platinum and has the second biggest hip hop debut of the year, less than 100,000 away from Eminem and his atrocious new album 'MMLP2'. Good times.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

who is Lil Dicky? sounds like the worst white rapper ever, according to this article

http://www.theindy.org/181?src=longreads

comparing him to Drake? :bunk:

mixed race and white rap is outta control

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

This album did not get the respect it deserves. Still so fucking good months later.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

He tried to respond to kendrick on the "shit" remix. Fell flat IMO

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i think it gets the exact amount of respect it deserves.. which is a lot

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:He tried to respond to kendrick on the "shit" remix. Fell flat IMO

:roll:

it was way better than that stupid ass cipher verse Kendrick barfed up

he's not even trying to fully respond, he's just having fun

"if i say a nigga name, he the hot shit/ if a nigga say my name, he still the hot shit... FUCKED UP" :rofl:

Drake ain't say Kendrick's name once yet.

Drake stays winning.

glasshandralphie

Post by glasshandralphie »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:He tried to respond to kendrick on the "shit" remix. Fell flat IMO

"if i say a nigga name, he the hot shit/ if a nigga say my name, he still the hot shit... FUCKED UP" :rofl:

Drake stays winning.
Hi! I'm new here. Is Drake your favorite rapper or something?

Req

Post by Req »

glasshandralphie wrote: Hi! I'm new here.
F.U. MOOLAH

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Drake stays winning.
:fail:

hov said it first

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yeah, but when Jay said it, it was symbolic of American greed and black super-ego. When Drake said it, it was about Toronto and that one tower that kind of looks like a robot dick.

Drake >>>

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

yawn. wake me when its over

Req

Post by Req »

Kendrick Lamar album wrote:yawn. wake me when its over
F.U. MOOLAH

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

recycled jay raps, smh

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:recycled jay raps, smh
Drake is the new Jay-Z.

Drake is 27. Jay-Z is 44.

Drake rapped so good on his last collaboration with Jay-Z, that Timbaland took Jay-Z off the record, and only kept Hov for the intro.

and Jay-Z is the king of recycled raps. Biter, not a writer :rofl:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

drake don't want no problems

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Jay-Z couldn't Ether Drake at this point if he tried with all his fucking might.

a Drake dis record to Jay-Z would fucking obliterate Hova right now.

Jigga's too huffed up on hubris and so in awe at his actual level of insane unprecedented American hustler achievement that he doesn't give a dead rat's ass about ACTUALLY RHYMING TIGHT anymore

he could, and IS, coasting into Biggest NYC Rap King Ever status, and only 50 Cent is close, but 50's music run is basically over and Jay-Z's kinda isn't (even though it really ended years ago), plus Jay-Z made more music than 50, so Shawn will always be ahead of Curtis

but still... Jay-Z don't want no problems with Drake, neither

TRUSSSS

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

trusssss, drake don't want no problems

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

"jews run rap, niggas run around in it" - Ras Kass

SHAWN DON'T WANT NO PROLLEMS WIF AUBREY, TRUST DAT AND TRUSSSSS MEH, BWOY

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

aubrey not aggressive enough trussssssss. keep making them r&b records "niggas talking real breezy on dem r&b records" lol

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

"5 AM in Toronto" was one of the best fucking rap records of 2013. IOENO if Jay-Z made a song as good! :copy:

step one

Post by step one »

sorry to intrude on your "my panties are pinker than yours" argument but the only reason Jay Z's songs have been sub-par in recent years is because he hasnt needed to make the effort.
If he really went at Drake flat out on some no holds barred Super Ugly/Takeover/Brooklyn High shit, the only outcome is that Drake would be left crying in a puddle of his own piss.

He's still got it in him. Same as I'm sure LL could still step up if he had to.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

drake just aint that type of artist. dude don't want no problems. he good for a couple cute punchlines but he's more r&b