Timlaska's Top Ten-est Albums - Number 1 (New-3/18)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Reggie wrote:The honorable mentions post is practically better than the nine preceding choices.
Yeah, but where is Hard 2 Obtain? (jokes, Blockhead)

:lol:
FLAWLESS ALBUM.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

whose the guy in h2o that sounds like lickety split the whole album

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Hmm...never heard that one but i'm fairly certain There's no way it's better than "MUSE ICK INDY H-OUR OF K-OSSSS".

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Blockhead wrote:Hmm...never heard that one but i'm fairly certain There's no way it's better than "MUSE ICK INDY H-OUR OF K-OSSSS".
haha.

:icedit: almost as good as the ost for he got game

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

ALASKA wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Hmm...never heard that one but i'm fairly certain There's no way it's better than "MUSE ICK INDY H-OUR OF K-OSSSS".
haha.

:icedit: almost as good as the ost for boiler room
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

drizzle wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
haha.

:icedit: almost as good as the ost for Fast and Furious

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Only logical answer. Anyone who disagrees with #1 should be banned.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i think it was a brave choice, i went way out on a limb with it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thoroughly enjoyed all these write-ups. good closer too.

you should do a spin-off, top 10 albums that aren't really as good as you think and break it down.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Philaflava wrote:thoroughly enjoyed all these write-ups. good closer too.

you should do a spin-off, top 10 albums that aren't really as good as you think and break it down.
I suggested top ten worst rap albums...or I guess the bottom ten best rap albums, however you want to slice it.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Reggie wrote:

I suggested top ten worst rap albums...or I guess the bottom ten best rap albums, however you want to slice it.
hangar 18 only had 2 albums

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i could do this all day. maybe make it a running series more than a count down.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i think my idea would cause more controversy but it depends on what you're going for.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i think shitting on peoples faves will always cause controversy, either in a list form or a long running series.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

^^^Make the above suggestions happen.

Good wrap up, good series. :cheers:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Timlaska's Top Ten-est Albums You Probably Think Are Great And I Probably Think You're A Fucking Faggot For Liking.

Too harsh?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

How about

Timlaska's Top Ten Favorite No Limit Cover Arts?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

TIMOTHY TEARS YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM TO SHREDS AND THEN SHITS ON THE VESTIGES

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

How about "fuck you and your bitch ass emotions with timlaska

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

Philaflava wrote:you should do a spin-off, top 10 albums that aren't really as good as you think and break it down.
that would be right in lexus' wheelhouse

Thun

Post by Thun »

Alaska - can you do the hip hop nation a solid and tag all of the posts from this series under a unifying tag, say "Top Ten-est Albums." This would allow us to see all of them together. You didn't consistently label your posts "Tim-Laska." It also doesn't hurt to have a recap post linking to each one specifically. I guess these are anal-retentive suggestions but they are a godsend to us Large Professor Watch Roger Do His Nerd Thing niggas out here.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Thun wrote:Alaska - can you do the hip hop nation a solid and tag all of the posts from this series under a unifying tag, say "Top Ten-est Albums." This would allow us to see all of them together. You didn't consistently label your posts "Tim-Laska." It also doesn't hurt to have a recap post linking to each one specifically. I guess these are anal-retentive suggestions but they are a godsend to us Large Professor Watch Roger Do His Nerd Thing niggas out here.
good call. added unifying tag (top tenest) and added a recap to the Number 1 thread.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/arch ... lly/38189/
Groups like Public Enemy pushed technological and creative boundaries to the limit, crafting elaborate collages that might layer dozens of nearly unrecognizable aural quotations over the course of one song. As we document in our film, the sample clearance system that emerged in the early 1990s put the brakes on this type of music making. Chuck D once told me that a Public Enemy song that contained 20 short samples would more or less cost 20 times what it would take to sample a single chorus of someone else's song.
Northwestern University Law Professor Peter DiCola and I demonstrate this problem in a forthcoming book titled Creative License (out in early 2011 on Duke University Press). We asked what would it would cost at today's rates to clear the audio fragments that make up Public Enemy's classic 1990 album Fear of a Black Planet. We crunched the numbers, and in our conservative estimate the group would lose roughly five dollars per album. That's a loss of five million dollars on a platinum record!

Thun

Post by Thun »

Philaflava wrote:Timlaska's Top Ten-est Albums You Probably Think Are Great And I Probably Think You're A Fucking Faggot For Liking.

Too harsh?
No, too long (nh).

Why not "Memories Are For Faggots"?

Although you should be warned that using the word faggot freely on the blogosphere isn't celebrated the way it is on message boards...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/arch ... lly/38189/
Groups like Public Enemy pushed technological and creative boundaries to the limit, crafting elaborate collages that might layer dozens of nearly unrecognizable aural quotations over the course of one song. As we document in our film, the sample clearance system that emerged in the early 1990s put the brakes on this type of music making. Chuck D once told me that a Public Enemy song that contained 20 short samples would more or less cost 20 times what it would take to sample a single chorus of someone else's song.
Northwestern University Law Professor Peter DiCola and I demonstrate this problem in a forthcoming book titled Creative License (out in early 2011 on Duke University Press). We asked what would it would cost at today's rates to clear the audio fragments that make up Public Enemy's classic 1990 album Fear of a Black Planet. We crunched the numbers, and in our conservative estimate the group would lose roughly five dollars per album. That's a loss of five million dollars on a platinum record!
fucking :rofl:

makes me love that record EVEN MORE.

"conservative estimate" LOL

the kids really don't know what they are missing. the 90's were really special (yeah so was '88 and shit, I lived it too) and hip hop will never return to that innocence. everyone knows everything now.

good choice for best LP. Bomb Squad never get their due. 'Nation of Millions' FUCKING SCARED me as a child. The sirens were creepy as fuck.

"Cold Lampin With Flavor" is also a forgotten song that is oh, so great. In some ways, better than "911 Is A Joke".

Public Enemy had album cuts that destroyed people's fucking best singles. "Who Stole The Soul"? Classic. "She Watch Channel Zero"? On point. "Burn Hollywood Burn"? You'll never get 3 legends like that going for broke on such a topic ever again.

they just don't make albums like they used to.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;