New Single: Drake - Started From The Bottom

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Random Sample

Re: New Single: Drake - Started From The Bottom

Post by Random Sample »

I generally think Drake sucks, but I like this song. I wish he would make more songs like this.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

binary wrote:
Magneto wrote:
binary wrote:The girls in the video are not hot, shame.
Sarcasm??

Girl in the pharmacy one of the baddest bitches I've ever seen
Oh yeah, she's cool, and predictably she's the only one anyone is saying anything about..just a bunch of random girls in the rest of the vid...I don't even think there was one token hot white girl.
binary, you either like BBW's or Suicide Girls. It's okay, there's more than one type of heaven to fuck

but to try and say the girls around the pool party at the end aren't hot??? :bunk: :fail: :bunk: :fail: :bunk:

them two girls rubbin' they asses together doesn't create sparks of sexfire in your crotch wood? then i think ur pussy is wet :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guun

Post by Guun »

Random Sample wrote:I generally think Drake sucks, but I like this song. I wish he would make more songs like this.
I'm with this. I hate pretty much everything Drake does but I've found myself listening to this song a lot in the past few days.

binary

Post by binary »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
binary wrote:
Magneto wrote:
binary wrote:The girls in the video are not hot, shame.
Sarcasm??

Girl in the pharmacy one of the baddest bitches I've ever seen
Oh yeah, she's cool, and predictably she's the only one anyone is saying anything about..just a bunch of random girls in the rest of the vid...I don't even think there was one token hot white girl.
binary, you either like BBW's or Suicide Girls. It's okay, there's more than one type of heaven to fuck

but to try and say the girls around the pool party at the end aren't hot??? :bunk: :fail: :bunk: :fail: :bunk:

them two girls rubbin' they asses together doesn't create sparks of sexfire in your crotch wood? then i think ur pussy is wet :rofl:

meh, I live in la/sf, those girls are dime a dozen.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i'm just happy that even Drake's shittiest song is doing good

maybe he'll sell more than Lil Wayne and Kanye West and Jay-Z this year, ha haa

:copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

I'm a Drake fan.

I hated this until I saw the video.

Now I fools with it.

The shot of his mom is weird.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:I'm a Drake fan.

I hated this until I saw the video.

Now I fools with it.

The shot of his mom is weird.
agreed. the video was cool, i really enjoyed the random comedy scene. rap needs to revisit that more

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

song makes me want to get rich and have giant party at drug dealer south american house with all teh homies
you guys can come

nowweheah

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Random Sample wrote:I generally think Drake sucks, but I like this song. I wish he would make more songs like this.
Agreed.

Nav

Post by Nav »

What a shitty song. What a shitty beat.

I expected a few Drake one-liners but this was pretty disappointing.
Resolved Question
Does Biggie Smalls hate HipHop???

"Shoulda been a cop, Fukc Hiphop"

I've been wondering what he meant by this.
Additional Details
Rap sucks, HipHop is better

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Naw, he likes hip hop and rap. He was just referring to if he hadn't started rapping he would've been a cop.
So he's cursing it, not that he doesn't like it, just for the sake of it.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Agreed.
is this song really a big departure from headlines, i'm on one, HYFR, no lie, etc.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

ackbar wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:
Agreed.
is this song really a big departure from headlines, i'm on one, HYFR, no lie, etc.

Other than the fact that the Meek Mill-ishness of this song is palpable (as was previously mentioned), I agree. Drake pretty much has been making a lot of songs like this.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Drake's video is the worst thing to happen to retail pharmacies since co-pays.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Drake making it rain Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum points

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
ackbar wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:
Agreed.

Other than the fact that the Meek Mill-ishness of this song is palpable (as was previously mentioned), I agree. Drake pretty much has been making a lot of songs like this.
I don't follow his music closely, and I haven't listened to any Drake songs since Thank Me Later came out. I was sick of him singing about his girlfriends. Plus this song is 80% rapping and the beat is good.

:icedit:

I listened to those songs you mentioned and they aren't as good as this one, and a few are callabos with bums I have no desire to listen to.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Random Sample wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
ackbar wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:
Agreed.

I don't follow his music closely, and I haven't listened to any Drake songs since Thank Me Later came out. I was sick of him singing about his girlfriends. Plus this song is 80% rapping and the beat is good.

:icedit:

I listened to those songs you mentioned and they aren't as good as this one, and a few are callabos with bums I have no desire to listen to.
So basically you like the Meek Mill-ishness.

Fair enough.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I was at a local division II college basketball game last night where my friend is an assistant coach and as the team came out and started warmups, they started out with this song. The gym is fairly small, not an arena or anything, and the sound system has good bass. Hearing it that loud, made me like it even more. It's definitely a great beat.

B. Ware tha Siniq

hessbz12 wrote:I was at a local division II college basketball game last night where my friend is an assistant coach and as the team came out and started warmups, they started out with this song. The gym is fairly small, not an arena or anything, and the sound system has good bass. Hearing it that loud, made me like it even more. It's definitely a great beat.

Allegedly Lebron has dictated that it be the first song at all Miami Heat warmups as well.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Dude it's ok, you guys can admit that you like the song... not just the beat. No one is gonna make fun of you cause you admitted to liking a Drake song. Faggots.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Hayzoos wrote:Dude it's ok, you guys can admit that you like the song... not just the beat. No one is gonna make fun of you cause you admitted to liking a Drake song. Faggots.
Nope. I pretty much agree with that analysis. The beat is fucking dope. Drake is rapping about starting from the bottom. He worked in a retail pharmacy in the video while the unemployment rate in the US is 7.8%. Pretty sure that is not scraping the bottom.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

is there any word on who will be on the remix? i hope they don't change the beat for it

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Drake is rapping about starting from the bottom. He worked in a retail pharmacy in the video while the unemployment rate in the US is 7.8%. Pretty sure that is not scraping the bottom.
he's not overdramatizing his life & the video reinforces that. the lyrics are about being a middle to lower middle class high school dropout from a single parent home & becoming a millionaire strictly through hardwork, talent & dedication. the reason you think the raps are wack is b/c he may or may not have worked a minimum wage job at a drug store in canada pre-recession ? :rofl:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Magneto wrote:Girl in the pharmacy one of the baddest bitches I've ever seen

http://angelicacharrupi.com/sample-page/blog/

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ackbar wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:Drake is rapping about starting from the bottom. He worked in a retail pharmacy in the video while the unemployment rate in the US is 7.8%. Pretty sure that is not scraping the bottom.
he's not overdramatizing his life & the video reinforces that. the lyrics are about being a middle to lower middle class high school dropout from a single parent home & becoming a millionaire strictly through hardwork, talent & dedication. the reason you think the raps are wack is b/c he may or may not have worked a minimum wage job at a drug store in canada pre-recession ? :rofl:
Snackbar is Gordon Gecko?

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

not to overanalyze the video or anything, but he was a stock boy working in the evening and got promoted to night manager.
that, i would think, is cause for celebration, jubilation, and intoxication. [/jesse jackson]
entry level employee to middle management is making it.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Great song and Drake is the best rapper ever probably

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Does being a child star count as starting from the bottom?
Also, this is easily one of his more listenable songs ever (at least of the joints I've heard)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:Does being a child star count as starting from the bottom?
You're distorting the narrative and we all know child stars have the most challenging time finding success as adults.

Drake is the struggle, bro.